Shopping For CDs Online

I used to check out Half.com, but haven't thought of that in awhile. Will have to go back there.

Often when I go to Amazon, I use Caiman.com as the dealer. They usually have the cheapest new CDs and they seem to get them to me pretty fast.

LouieB

I used to check out Half.com, but haven't thought of that in awhile. Will have to go back there.

Often when I go to Amazon, I use Caiman.com as the dealer. They usually have the cheapest new CDs and they seem to get them to me pretty fast.

LouieB

I actually use Caiman too, and they only take about a week to deliver to the UK. I'm not sure when I last bought a cd from a shop - they just can't compete with online prices and choice.

I use Half.com too, and also the individual dealers from Amazon (the "marketplace") with good ratings. I also use eBay occasionally, sometimes you can get a deal there, depending on timing and such. I don't mind used CDs as I just copy them to iTunes and my iPod anyway.

I'll have to try out some of these other suggestions. Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the lone CD-buyers anymore! Good to have some new places to look for deals.

This brings up another topic though and that's what to do with all these CDs... I keep them because it's a pain to sell them online and because they're my backup in case of technology failures, but I just store them in boxes in my basement where they take up space.

I have most of this stuff figured out - but I would not know the first thing about an ipod. With upwards of 3,000 cds, I can understand the storage issue though.

Ok, now you've balanced out my old-age feelings with some young and hip ones :D But, I do have the storage issue with my iPod too, it's been full for a long time now, and every time I add something new to it, I have to delete something old -- which I why I hesitate to get rid of the CDs, I guess. That, coupled with 3 hard drive failures in as many months on one of my laptops, has made me extra-cautious.

I buy a lot from insound.com because a lot of times they'll have extra bonus materials with new releases (i.e. posters, extra songs on a second CD, etc.) but if the artist is not on a major label I buy directly from the indie labels. I feel good about going directly to the source.

I buy a lot from insound.com because a lot of times they'll have extra bonus materials with new releases (i.e. posters, extra songs on a second CD, etc.) but if the artist is not on a major label I buy directly from the indie labels. I feel good about going directly to the source.

you forgot to mention this one