NetFlix Recommendations

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but you can't rent it.

For whatever reason, my home computer thinks that I don't have a netflix account, so I can't browse. They will have it, but it hasn't been released on DVD yet, so you won't be able to find it anywhere else either.

yeah but you can't rent it.

I don't believe you.

I've only had Netflix since May and I share it with my boyfriend, but movies/TV shows we or I have loved that may have already been mentioned...

TV Shows

Freaks and Geeks

Undeclared (both by Judd Apatow)

Rescue Me - Can't get enough of this show

Ever since the last season of Rescue Me, I've been wanting to watch 'Open Range' the best Kevin Costner movie. Big fan of Rescue Me. Also loved Freaks and Geeks, cant believe it got cancelled after only one season. I bet it was that episode with the hermaphidite, some stuffy big wig saw that and axed it. Well it rocked. Havent seen Undeclared at all, is that as good?

Anybody here into Northern Exposure? All seasons on dvd. Its my favorite tv-show of all time.

Yes - but they cost a lot of money to buy them as I recall. I would like to have them.

It was. THAT show makes me think of THIS and that show makes me think of

I recall the second one, but not the first.

:)

Koyaanisqatsi: Life Out Of Balance

I had a suspicion that was what you were talking about.

Also loved Freaks and Geeks, cant believe it got cancelled after only one season. I bet it was that episode with the hermaphidite, some stuffy big wig saw that and axed it. Well it rocked. Havent seen Undeclared at all, is that as good?

I can't believe it got cancelled either...people today only seem to care about reality and doctor shows.

Undeclared probably isn't as good as Freaks and Geeks, but it is worth watching - it is a modern version of Freaks and Geeks in college. plus it was also only one season long of half hour episodes so it doesn't take much time. It's a must see for Judd Apatow fans because there is a ton of his 'posse' in the show. Watch that, then Knocked Up and you will see half of the Undeclared cast. In my opionion the best part is when they play truth or dare, f'in hilarious.

Yes - but they cost a lot of money to buy them as I recall. I would like to have them.

The NX seasons average about $35 per season. I guess kinda up there, I have been buying slowly and have the first 4 seasons. I have seen every episode more than 3 times over and I can still watch them. Cant do that with any other show.

Anybody here into Northern Exposure? All seasons on dvd. Its my favorite tv-show of all time. My second was Six Feet Under.

UHD (Universal HD) is airing Northern Exposure. However, it is not in HD, so not 16:9 ratio.

Not live action, but after scanning those titles, I recall

Wow, the Mighty Heroes. I loved them.

That reminds me of a time - my brother was managing the local movie theater and had found prints of the Mighty Heroes cartoons in the vaults. One night a bunch of us got mellow and he played the toons for us, after hours of course.