• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I sure didn't see that Wolverines win coming. Those boys looked pretty good today, despite the turnovers. Amazing what happens when your players are healthy -- particularly your quarterback. I was quite surprised at how much pressure their defensive line was able to put on Tebow.

Good for Lloyd Carr. The man deserved better than to lose his last three games. And who knows, maybe this win will lift U-M back into the top 25.

I was surprised also. In a way it kind of gave me a little optimism for next year. Maybe going to a spread offense won't be so much of a dramatic change for them. I would have to say that the defense line was the biggest surprise for me. I though that Florida would protect better than what they did.

Good riddance to Lloyd. He coached a great game today. Really puts into focus how lazy some of his game plans have been over the last few years when he actually shows up and wants to win one. I was glad to see Henne, Hart and Long go out with their first bowl victory.

I would have to say that the defense line was the biggest surprise for me.

Agreed. That certainly didn't look like the same d-line that OSU pushed around all day a few weeks ago. The offense looked pretty good too, despite the turnovers. At least they were aggressive all day. That was the kind of gameplan I wish OSU would have executed last year against UF.

What a great win by U of M. Too bad they didn't have a healthy Hart and Henne at the end of the season, it definitely made a difference against Wisconsin and tOSU. Next year will be interesting with a new offense in place and no Henne, Hart, or Long. The way Manningham and Arrington played, I suspect they both may leave as well to make some $$$ in the NFL. It was also nice to see English unleash the blitz against Tebow. Sure there were a few big plays, but that will happen when you leave the middle of the field undefended because your safety is about to clobber the QB.

Good luck to tOSU on Monday. Let's hope the Big 11 goes 2-1 vs. the SEC in January 08!

As upset as I was at the Gators losing to Michigan(again), I am happy for the Michigan seniors. I can't imagine how devestated of a Wolverine locker room that would have been if UF had pulled out the victory. Good for those guys, and the rest of the team and the Michigan fans.

Lloyd Carr, I could give two shits about.

I wonder how many jerk-off AP voters are gonna vote USC number one.

3 boring, mismatched BCS bowl matchups in a row should add fuel to the fire. :thumbup

The fact that virtually all the teams in the BCS bowls looked terrible at one time or another didn't (and doesn't, for the last game coming up) help the BCS pick good matchups either.

Of course, it could be that now the BCS is utterly worthless.

Well I must say I throughly enjoyed every second (All right those twin 30-yard penalties had me dropping a couple f bombs) of the Fiesta Bowl and also hopefully this Orange Bowl score holds up as well (Still bitter about VT spurning the Big East). After the game there was essentially no possible way they could not give the program to Bill Stewart, who was named the head coach today, and hopefully it will work out. I'd like the hire a lot more if he hadn't have been canned from his previous job at VMI where he went like 8-25, for using a racial slur, but he seems to have learned his lesson and Pat White, who may be the best quarterback in WVU history said "make him the head coach" and it's hard to argue with what the players want.

--Mike

Congratulations to the Kansas Jayhawks. Nothing more satisfying than a victory as the clock runs down with the ball on your opponents 1 yard line. Except for maybe another touchdown. Finally a great BCS game to watch.

Any questions as to whether or not KU belonged in the BCS should now be answered with a HELL YES!!!

Can't wait till next season.

They guys over at Awful Announcing (sports blog) counted the times they showed the bands tonight during the VT-Kan game.

110 times. 110 band shots.

Good play? Cut to the band.

QB is sacked? Cut to the band.

Break to commercial? Cut to the band.

Fox is terrible. They cover zero games the entire season and then swoop in and get to cover the ones that people want to watch and do a terrible job at it.

To quote a Ryan White from the Portland Oregonian:

"The worst news is that the game's on Fox, which covers college football the way we expect Slayer would cover Chopin: Poorly."

Sources: SMU offers job to June Jones

10:57 PM CST on Thursday, January 3, 2008

By KATE HAIROPOULOS / The Dallas Morning News

khairopoulos@dallasnews.com

SMU has offered Hawaii coach June Jones between $1.7 million and $2 million to become its football coach, according to two sources.

Jones emerged as a candidate in late December, and SMU's pursuit has picked up since Hawaii closed its 12-1 season Tuesday with a 41-10 loss to Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

Hawaii has yet to make an offer to extend Jones' contract, which ends June 30, though the university's chancellor released a statement Thursday confirming the school's intent to do so. Calls to Jones and Leigh Steinberg, Jones' agent, were not returned.

SMU athletic director Steve Orsini declined to comment on any candidate but said SMU has not made any ultimatums to candidates.

"That's not how you conduct a quality search," he said.

June Jones led Hawaii to a berth in the Sugar Bowl this season. Jones, who has coached Hawaii for nine seasons, is reportedly taking time to consider his future

Have fun with this.

http://www.aggieathletics.com/pressRelease...&PRID=13757

COLLEGE STATION, Texas- Reggie Herring has been named the new Texas A&M defensive coordinator, Aggie head coach Mike Sherman announced on Friday.

"Reggie has accumulated invaluable experience throughout his career at the college and pro level," Sherman said. "His defenses as a coordinator have demonstrated aggressiveness, as well as tough, physical play. I have been attracted to his ability to prepare for multiple schemes, as well as personnel groups to adjust to the variety of offensive looks you find in college football."

"He has a great reputation as a coordinator, as well as a recruiter," Sherman added. "While talking to Mario Williams at the Texans, Mario said Reggie was one of the best coaches he ever had at North Carolina State when their defense was ranked #1 in the country. I am excited to have Reggie on board to lead the defense."

Herring just completed his 25th season on the collegiate level and his 27th overall. He spent two seasons (2002-03) in Texas as the linebackers coach for the Houston Texans and head coach Dom Capers. Linebacker Jamie Sharper led the NFL in tackles with 164 stops in 2003.