• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO LSU!

If Ohio State loses, Kansas will be the ONLY bowl winner with one loss.

The Jayhawks will not be declared "national champions", but they should be. LSU lost to mediocre Kentucky and Arkansas teams. Kansas lost a close game to a very offensively talented Missouri team on a nuetral field.

Mark Mangino for President!

GO BUCKS!!!

Kansas had just about the 10th weakest schedule this year, they don't deserve anything.

Are you f*cking kidding me? OSU has absolutely NO room to talk smack on KU.

Ohio State beat Youngstown St., Akron, Kent St. and a horrid 4-9 Washington team in the non-con. whoop-de-freakin' do.

OSU will likely get their asses handed to them against LSU.

KU, despite their record, should not be ranked above #3 due to their schedule and loss to MU in my opinion. As a KU fan, I'm fine with that. And OSU should not even be in the title game.

Whomever wins tonight, there is no national champion this year and anyone outside of Ohio and Louisiana knows this.

Ohio State beat Youngstown St., Akron, Kent St. and a horrid 4-9 Washington team in the non-con. whoop-de-freakin' do.

Agreed that the schedule was pretty lame this year. There's a gap this year between home-and-home series with Texas and USC, so this year we got...Washington. Hey, this was supposed to be the year they re-established themselves. Don't blame OSU that it didn't happen. The other "in-state-rivalry" cupcakes are no different than what every other major program schedules, they just look more conspicuous than usual because the Big Ten had a down year, overall.

Really, the thing that gives me the greatest hope for tonight's game is remembering the Penn State game early in the season. PSU didn't finish the season all that strong so it doesn't get many points in the "quality win" category, but that was a big matchup at the time and it is a place the Buckeyes have traditionally had trouble playing, particularly at night. Boeckman came out smoking and on target in a hostile environment. That's what I want to see tonight. :yes

Ummm....Southeastern Louisiana? Toledo? Florida International? Baylor? Seriously.

Yeah, seriously.

KU outscored their non-con opponents 214-23. records of non-con opponents: 17-31.

OSU outscored their non-con opponents 139-25. records of non-con opponents: 17-30.

OSU is in the title game because of WHO they are, not because of WHAT they've done this season.

OSU has no right to talk about KU.

Ummm....Southeastern Louisiana? Toledo? Florida International? Baylor? Seriously.

Sorry. You're right. Those teams are SO much crappier than Youngstown St, Akron, Kent State, Northwestern and Minnesota (Baylor had a better year than this sad team).

But I'll give you this, Ohio State's only loss was to a Rose Bowl participant......at HOME, to the 9-4 juggernaut that is the Fighting Illini.

Bottom line is, Ohio State was way out of the Championship picture when there short season was over (when's the Big 10 gonna add a conference title game to THEIR schedule?!), but becuase KU lost to Missouri, Missouri lost their Conference Championship to Oklahoma, and West Virginia laid an egg against Pittsburgh, Ohio State was determined to be one of the top 2 teams.

If Ohio State wins tonight, I'll say they're deserving to be declared NCAA Champions. But if they lose, and especially if they lose big, I hope they drop like a rock. If they lose, I can think of at least 6 teams I'd rank ahead of them.

OSU--the new Rodney Dangerfield of college football. Jeez, you get your ass handed to you in one lousy game and nobody lets you forget about it. :rolleyes

I'm just enjoying the ride. There is some palpable angst in the Columbus air today--and that's not just the usual stench coming off our beloved Olentangy River. Everyone is glad to see them back in The Game, but there is some concern. This is a good football team, but even as a fan I don't know that I'm convinced they are a dominant team. This year was supposed to be about finding a new offense and gaining confidence and ending the year with forced smiles saying "Yes, yes, we're very pleased to be here at the Capital One Bowl." As things turned out, this team gelled better than expected and a lot of their opponents (including ones they merely watched on TV at the end of the year) dropped like flies all around them. Plenty of other teams can make arguments about whether or not they should be here, and in the end, none of them can really make a better argument than anyone else, so it doesn't matter. (although I do enjoy the logic now that Florida, by extension, lost to Applacian State!) :lol

So, almost by accident, OSU got another shot at the big time. I feel better about this team's chances than I did last year---when the rest of the world was expecting a coronation and I had a bad feeling all along, and it was confirmed when I saw Troy Smith come out of the tunnel appearing to be 20 lbs heavier from the banquet circuit. This year's team might not have the star power, but they are focused. And if the rest of the word, especially LSU, isn't respecting them....all the better.

C'mon, OSU, enjoy the Bourbon Bowl. YOU CAN DO IIIIIITTTTTT!!!!

rob-schneider.jpg

OSU--the new Rodney Dangerfield of college football. Jeez, you get your ass handed to you in one lousy game and nobody lets you forget about it. :rolleyes

if OSU wins the game, that's great. it won't really mean much this year. my only issue is with OSU fans desperate to legitimize their appearance in the title game by slapping at KU. which obviously is without any merit and extremely hypocritical this season.

so, go ahead...win the game. get your commemorative SI yearbook/dvd/football, etc. nobody else really cares. only a playoff system would make it legit and interesting.

if OSU wins the game, that's great. it won't really mean much this year. my only issue is with OSU fans desperate to legitimize their appearance in the title game by slapping at KU. which obviously is without any merit and extremely hypocritical this season.

Kansas gets no slaps from me. I was a doubter most of the year, but they had a solid season and they backed it up by winning their bowl game. Can't really ask for more than that. As for whom is the best team--well, I agree its pretty muddy, though. But I think its also pretty difficult to argue that the two teams who spent the most time ranked #1 all season aren't the best choices to play each other. I dunno. A playoff would be nice. In the meantime I'll take my commemorative beer coaster. :lol

And, MJHutch.......thanks. :thumbup

OSU and LSU were only ranked so high because of meaningless preseason polls. They need to get rid of preseason polls almost as much as they need a playoff.

OSU started off somewhere in the teens, if I recall. They were predicted to finish 3rd or so in their conference. They haven't exactly been the media darlings this season.

Preseason polls are pretty stupid, though.