• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the PAC 10 is much improved over the last few years. They had 3 different teams ranked at least 2 this year.

Also, USC is probably the best program in the country, so they might have won 35 straight conference games at home. Who knows?

For Sale: One Sweater Vest

Slightly used, mostly excellent condition. Has holes that get exposed every January, otherwise great.

:frusty I really thought that Tressel would have learned from last year's experience (and from Michigan's success against Florida this year) that you can't sit back and play prevent defense for four quarters and expect to win. WTF?

I was cautiously optimistic after the first quarter. Beanie was running well all signs were pointing to a good game. I went upstairs to put my daughter to bed as OSU was lining up for that field goal in the 2nd quarter. I never saw the block, but by the time I came down right before halftime, it had all gone to hell. I stuck around and watched the first drive of the second half--when OSU committed back to back 15 yard penalties to keep alive an LSU drive that had stalled. After that I went to bed. Horrible. Just horrible.

For Sale: One Sweater Vest

Slightly used, mostly excellent condition. Has holes that get exposed every January, otherwise great.

:frusty I really thought that Tressel would have learned from last year's experience (and from Michigan's success against Florida this year) that you can't sit back and play prevent defense for four quarters and expect to win. WTF?

I was cautiously optimistic after the first quarter. Beanie was running well all signs were pointing to a good game. I went upstairs to put my daughter to bed as OSU was lining up for that field goal in the 2nd quarter. I never saw the block, but by the time I came down right before halftime, it had all gone to hell. I stuck around and watched the first drive of the second half--when OSU committed back to back 15 yard penalties to keep alive an LSU drive that had stalled. After that I went to bed. Horrible. Just horrible.

319 days to November 22. I can't wait.

The Big Ten sucks.

SEC is king. I hope OSU fans can finally realize that the best football is not played in Ohio.

SEC- big games every single week. It pays off in the end.

Hmmmm..... remember that faltering unranked Michigan team beating that #9 Florida team in Florida?

As for Southern Michigan University (Ohio St), Illinois, & Wisconsin?...... duh

BTW.... That sideline interview with JaMarcus Russell revealed how low academically LSU holds their athletes. What was with the over the top Alabama chain mixed with the moomoo? Poser mobile... Fees shorty. Fees!

I would argue the Big 12 and Pac 10 are as good as the SEC.

You could argue, but you'd be wrong.

Here's to hoping they don't let OSU into the title game again next year, no matter how well they perform against their cream puff schedule. :cheers

Here's to hoping they don't let OSU into the title game again next year, no matter how well they perform against their cream puff schedule. :cheers

I was about to rebut you by pointing out that they play at USC next year, but then I noticed the schedule also includes Y'town St, Ohio U, and Troy. Even so, the thing most weighing down the schedule is the overall suckitude of the rest of the Big Ten. There are a bunch of teams that are "due" for a good year. It would be nice if those games against Penn St, Wisconsin, Iowa, Purdue, Sparty, etc, actually started to mean something again.

The bitch of it is that next year was really supposed to be the year they made a run at it. This year they ended up there mostly by accident. Now after this crap, you're right, I don't see much chance of anybody voting OSU anywhere near the championship game again for a while.

The bitch of it is that next year was really supposed to be the year they made a run at it. This year they ended up there mostly by accident. Now after this crap, you're right, I don't see much chance of anybody voting OSU anywhere near the championship game again for a while.

Yeah, that is the tough part. They get pretty much their entire team back and nobody will look twice at them. We'll see, though. Hard to turn them away if they go unbeaten. The Big 10 always has a couple good teams, so maybe a win at USC and Michigan and whatever other team becomes competitive will be enough.

And another negative effect of this, the SEC will always argue for a team to be in the title game after what one loss Florida and two loss LSU did to the supposed best team in the country. I favor the SEC by a large margin so I can't say I mind this too much, but it could provide some interesting scenarios.

Final note: If we have to live with the BCS for awhile longer, can we at least live with it on another network?

And another negative effect of this, the SEC will always argue for a team to be in the title game after what one loss Florida and two loss LSU did to the supposed best team in the country.

2008 BCS Prediction: Vanderbilt (5-7) inexplicably vaults over everybody to play LSU in the title game. ESPN proclaims it the best championship matchup in years.

When asked for comment about the snub, Pete Carroll responded "Hey, dude, that's not cool." and a stoic Jim Tressel praised the "mighty tough" Vanderbilt team and continued to insist that we don't need a playoff.

2008 BCS Prediction: Vanderbilt (5-7) inexplicably vaults over everybody to play LSU in the title game. ESPN proclaims it the best championship matchup in years.

When asked for comment about the snub, Pete Carroll responded "Hey, dude, that's not cool." and a stoic Jim Tressel praised the "mighty tough" Vanderbilt team and continued to insist that we don't need a playoff.

:rotfl

Probably photoshopped, but even I crack up at these OSU band/cheerleader misspelling images. This one is more subtle than the one from last year with the band scripting "OShit" across the field, but still funny. It could very well be a real image and there was a reason that one "O" is all the way over there, but still--funny stuff.

This would be interesting...

From espn.com

USC coach Pete Carroll is interested in the Atlanta Falcons' head coach opening and is expected to speak with Atlanta owner Arthur Blank via phone Wednesday, sources at the American Football Coaches Convention in Anaheim told ESPN's Joe Schad.

Pete Carroll has been rumored for many head coaching vacancies in the NFL in recent years.

Blank is expected to offer full control of personnel decisions to Carroll and the sources said that is what intrigues Carroll most. Carroll is currently on vacation in Hawaii.

The Falcons' interest in talking to Carroll about their opening was first reported Tuesday night by ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli.

Carroll, who has previously been a head coach in the NFL with the New York Jets and New England Patriots, is the biggest name on the list of Atlanta candidates.

Carroll, 56, recently completed his seventh season at Southern California with a resounding victory over Illinois in the Rose Bowl. He has led the Trojans to two national championships and compiled a 76-14 record. The 14 defeats have been by an average of just 4.1 points.

Southern California was 11-2 this season and many observers felt that, had it not been for injuries, the Trojans might have vied for the national title. Carroll's .844 winning mark at Southern California is the best in the nation among active coaches with at least five seasons of experience.

Over the past few seasons, there has been rampant speculation that Carroll might be lured back to the NFL, but he has rebuffed all overtures to return to the pro game. Conventional wisdom is that Carroll would only consider an NFL job if he had full control over the football operation.

In his first NFL head coaching stint, Carroll lasted just one season with the Jets, taking the team to a 6-10 record in 1994. He coached the Patriots for three seasons, 1997-99, and was 28-23, with one division title and two playoff berths.

The Falcons suffered a bad experience this season with a coach hired from the college ranks, when Bobby Petrino, formerly of Louisville, resigned with three games remaining to fill the Arkansas vacancy. But unlike Petrino, who had been an NFL assistant for three seasons, Carroll has prior head coaching experience in the league and was an assistant coach and defensive coordinator for 12 years as well.

In the past, Carroll has listened to NFL interest from Miami, San Diego, San Francisco, Arizona and Houston.

Joe Schad covers college football for ESPN. Information from ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli was used in this report.

One of the college football blogs (Sunday Morning Quarterback) has a post about victory chains in college football, using the transitive theory that A beat B, B beat C, so A is better than C.

This one made me cringe a little:

Michigan over Appalachian State (5 steps)

Michigan > Florida > West. Kentucky > Chattanooga > Georgia Southern > Appalachain State

With one more step, Michigan beats itself.

See, I can make fun of my own team just as well as I make fun of tOSU.

One of the college football blogs (Sunday Morning Quarterback) has a post about victory chains in college football, using the transitive theory that A beat B, B beat C, so A is better than C.

This one made me cringe a little:

Michigan over Appalachian State (5 steps)

Michigan > Florida > West. Kentucky > Chattanooga > Georgia Southern > Appalachain State

With one more step, Michigan beats itself.

See, I can make fun of my own team just as well as I make fun of tOSU.

You have no idea how much I hate that shit.