Triple hearsay of the day: MGoBlog links to an LSU fan site message board with postings from people who have been told by those close to the team that Miles supposedly has told his team that he is taking the Michigan job - What a suprise.

MGoBlog Link

If this is true I kind of have mixed feelings. One one hand I am happy to see Miles in Ann Arbor, but if the rumors are true and Pelini is going to Nebraska, I am kind of ticked. I really wanted a good D-Coordinator to turn around an underachieving defense at UM. Especially if this means that, and I have no reason to believe this other than my own musings, that Ron English stays as D-Coord.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miles staying at LSU

by Jim Carty | The Ann Arbor News

Saturday December 01, 2007, 11:52 AM

Sources close to both Les Miles and the LSU administration report the coach has reached a multi-year contract extension with his current school and will remove himself from consideration as the next Michigan coach.

Details of the extension are expected to be released by LSU, which has scheduled a 1:45 p.m. press conference prior to today's Southeastern Conference title game between the Tigers and Tennessee.

LSU will reportedly make Miles one of the highest-paid coaches in the country.

Earlier in the day, ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit reported Miles has agreed to become Michigan's next coach and will be introduced at a press conference next week. Herbstreit also said that Georgia Tech defensive coordinator Jon Tenuta would accept the same position on Miles' staff at Michigan.

But LSU and its coach were already putting the finishing touches on a deal to keep him in the Southeastern Conference.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/...ing_at_lsu.html

We are the panthers of FIU

the golden panthers of FIU

We will continue to fight

with all of our might

for victory for gold and blue

we stand together and proudly say

our golden panthers go all the way

We'll always strive for victory

blue-blooded through and through

'cause we're F-I-U-

Go F

Go I

Go U

Go F-I-U

Panthers fight!

Panthers fight!

Panthers fight!

Goodbye, losing streak.

6 straight Pac 10 Championships, and 6 straight BCS bowl appearances...Fight on!

I would love USC to be the 2 loss team voted into the BCS Championship game, but I would have a hard time not voting for LSU if I had a vote. I think they have the best resum

Considering that LSU lost in double overtime in both of their losses I would say that they are the strongest 2 loss team.

Triple overtime, and I agree, though Oklahoma lost one of their games because their QB was knocked out, and they did end the season by crushing the #1 team, so we'll see.

I already know what people are going to say in response to this (pretty much), but I have to ask: Why isn't Hawaii being given a chance at the national title game?

What really bothers me about this is that essentially what the BCS is saying is that there's no way a team from one of the "lesser" conferences could ever even possibly be the best football team in the country. So, no matter what one of those teams achieves -- for example, the only undefeated season in the country among Div. 1-A teams -- they'll be denied their chance simply because of the conference they play in.

Well, that's bullshit. You can argue all day long about them "not beating anybody" or "having a weaker schedule," but in the end, they beat everyone they played, and no other team in the country can claim that.

Would Hawaii get killed in the BCS title game? Well, yeah, I think that's likely. But they've earned their shot, and because of this ridiculously stupid system (not just the BCS, but the AP and coaches' polls), we'll never get a chance to find out how they might have fared.

To my mind, whoever ends up winning the BCS title game won't be the true champion, because they won't have played Hawaii. The college football establishment will undoubtedly pray for a humiliating Warriors loss in their bowl game, just so they can point to it and say "see, they didn't deserve a shot."

To that I say, "GO WARRIORS!"

What really bothers me about this is that essentially what the BCS is saying is that there's no way a team from one of the "lesser" conferences could ever even possibly be the best football team in the country. So, no matter what one of those teams achieves -- for example, the only undefeated season in the country among Div. 1-A teams -- they'll be denied their chance simply because of the conference they play in.

No, it just says they better schedule a tough non-conference slate.

I hate to say it, but Hawaii is in the WAC, (possibly) the weakest major conference in college football. They played no one of importance in non-conference games. Washington was the only team from a big conference, and lo and behold, they're the worst team in the PAC-10.

If they want a shot at the title game they need to start scheduling better non-conference games, rather than teams from places like the Big Sky and Big South. If they beat a major conference power this season, they would have had a much better argument for that title game.

However, they didn't, but they'll be getting an at-large BCS bid, at least...

I think they tried scheduling a bunch of really good school, including USC, but no one felt like playing them and/or it didn't work in their schedule.

Michigan and MSU both backed out of their agreements to play Hawaii this season.

Instead of travelling to Hawaii, Michigan decided to schedule Appalachian State at home. Woops.

I have seen a lot of places where Um is supposedly pushing to talk to Ferentz at Iowa. I'm not a violent person, but if they hire Ferentz I swear I will hurt someone, it will probably just be myself, but I will hurt someone.

FOX is really milking this BCS Selection Show.

Rose Bowl

USC vs Illinois

Fiesta Bowl

Oklahoma vs West Virginia

Orange Bowl

Virginia Tech vs Kansas

Sugar Bowl

Hawai'i vs Georgia

National Championship Game

LSU vs Ohio State

Nothing really surprising

Poop bowls

San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia

Utah vs. Navy San Diego Dec. 20, 9 p.m. ESPN HD

R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl

Memphis vs. Florida Atlantic New Orleans Dec. 21, 8 p.m. ESPN2 HD

Papajohns.com Bowl

Southern Miss vs. Cincinnati Birmingham, Ala. Dec. 22, 1 p.m. ESPN2 HD

New Mexico

Nevada vs. New Mexico Albuquerque, N.M. Dec. 22, 4:30 p.m. ESPN HD

Pioneer Las Vegas

UCLA vs. BYU Las Vegas Dec. 22, 8 p.m. ESPN HD

Sheraton Hawaii

Boise State vs. East Carolina Honolulu Dec. 23, 8 p.m. ESPN

Motor City

Purdue vs. Central Michigan Detroit Dec. 26, 7:30 p.m. ESPN HD

Pacific Life Holiday

Arizona State vs. Texas San Diego Dec. 27, 8 p.m. ESPN HD

Texas

TCU vs. Houston Houston Dec. 28, 8 p.m. NFL Network

Champs Sports

Boston College vs. Michigan State Orlando, Fla. Dec. 28, 5 p.m. ESPN HD

Emerald

Maryland vs. Oregon State San Francisco Dec. 28, 8:30 p.m. ESPN HD

Meineke Car Care

UConn vs. Wake Forest Charlotte, N.C. Dec. 29, 1 p.m. ESPN HD

AutoZone Liberty

UCF vs. Mississippi State Memphis, Tenn. Dec. 29, 4:30 p.m. ESPN HD

Valero Alamo

Penn State vs. Texas A&M San Antonio Dec. 29, 8 p.m. ESPN HD

PetroSun Independence

Alabama vs. Colorado Shreveport, La. Dec. 30, 8 p.m. ESPN HD

Bell Helicopter Armed Forces

California vs. Air Force Fort Worth, Texas Dec. 31, 12:30 p.m. ESPN

Roady's Humanitarian

Georgia Tech vs. Fresno State Boise, Idaho Dec. 31, 2 p.m. ESPN2

Brut Sun

South Florida vs. Oregon El Paso, Texas Dec. 31, 2 p.m. CBS

Gaylord Hotels Music City

Kentucky vs. Florida State Nashville, Tenn. Dec. 31, 4 p.m. ESPN HD

Insight

Indiana vs. Oklahoma State Tempe, Ariz. Dec. 31, 6 p.m. NFL Network

Chick-fil-A

Clemson vs. Auburn Atlanta Dec. 31, 7:30 p.m. ESPN HD

Outback

Wisconsin vs. Tennessee Tampa, Fla. Jan. 1, 2008, 11 a.m. ESPN HD

AT&T Cotton

Missouri vs. Arkansas Dallas Jan. 1, 2008, 11:30 a.m. FOX

Gator

Texas Tech vs. Virginia Jacksonville, Fla. Jan. 1, 2008, 1 p.m. CBS

Capital One

Michigan vs. Florida Orlando, Fla. Jan. 1, 2008, 1 p.m. ABC HD

That's an interesting point. There can still be a BCS champ, and an AP champ. Yes?

I think the NCAA will only recognize the BCS champ, though.

It's a severely screwed up system. Mizzou is getting the shaft in the worst possible way. Every other NCAA sport can have a tournament without the players dying, and yet FBS can't? It's all money, of course.