• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think OSU was going to win that game anyway, even with Wells at full strength.

I liked their chances better before the season actually started. I'm not feeling so confident about this team right now, Beanie or no. But, then again, Tress tends to coach better as an underdog. We'll see.

Boeckman just doesn't seem to have grown into his role at QB yet. Especially if Beanie is on the bench, use Pryor more to open up the offense. If it works, go with it. Let him run wild and use Saine as a receiver out of the backfield and they've got a fighting chance.

Thing that sucks is that if we lose, unless every chip falls our way, we're going to end up with a Rose Bowl berth. It's not bad at all (very good, actually), but to think that this was the year we were supposed to be in the title game...

'Boom' is a good back, but he is 40lbs lighter than Beanie (or something like that), which poses some issues when it comes to bowling over defenders like Beanie does.

(Enter USC as Brick Tamland)

Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.

Champ Kind: It jumped up a notch.

Ron Burgundy: It did, didn't it?

Brick Tamland: Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart.

Ron Burgundy: I saw that. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?

Brick Tamland: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.

Ron Burgundy: Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.

(End Scene)

Lot of game left, but it's ugly.

This is Texas Tech's field yesterday. They are playing there tonight.

2281844.jpeg

And the rain wasn't hurricane related...

The great thing about college football is that anything can happen. I really doubt OSU will win, but I won't be too surprised if they do.

Isn't it about time to admit that the Big 10 (especially Ohio State) has become a punchline for the nation when it comes to talking about over rated, over exposed teams?

And I say this as a fan and an alumini of an amazingly disappointing program.

Fuck. No couches to burn around here.

Forget burning couches.

I recommend drinking.

Heavily.

Trust me, I ahve a lot of experience with rooting for a disastrously performing football team.

It's early in the season and if your one loss is to USC, you are still in the running for the championship game. Like Crow Daddy kind of said, a lot of people will be hesitant to put Ohio State in the game because of the last two championship games and this game with USC, but I think there are a lot of situations where you could get back into the top 2. If a two loss team can get into the top 2, there's nothing to worry about yet.

I'm proud of my Trojans, though. (Fight on)

Has any team ever played 4 top ten teams in a row?

AP Top 10

1. USC (61) 2-0 1,596

2. Oklahoma 3-0 1,485

3. Georgia (2) 3-0 1,437

4. Florida (1) 2-0 1,414

5. Missouri 3-0 1,389

6. LSU 2-0 1,274

7. Texas 2-0 1,140

8. Wisconsin 3-0 1,076

9. Alabama 3-0 982

10. Auburn 3-0 958

Arkansas will begin the road to 2-6 Saturday.

AP Top 10

1. USC (61) 2-0 1,596

2. Oklahoma 3-0 1,485

3. Georgia (2) 3-0 1,437

4. Florida (1) 2-0 1,414

5. Missouri 3-0 1,389

6. LSU 2-0 1,274

7. Texas 2-0 1,140

8. Wisconsin 3-0 1,076

9. Alabama 3-0 982

10. Auburn 3-0 958

I'd be interested in the answer to that question, though I suspect it's happened before. Three of those are merely conference games. Are they also playing Georgia and/or LSU this year?

I'd be interested in the answer to that question, though I suspect it's happened before. Three of those are merely conference games. Are they also playing Georgia and/or LSU this year?

We always play LSU the last game of the regular season. No Georgia or Tennessee this year.

Isn't it about time to admit that the Big 10 (especially Ohio State) has become a punchline for the nation when it comes to talking about over rated, over exposed teams?

And I say this as a fan and an alumini of an amazingly disappointing program.

With a day or two now to gain perspective on it, this ugly loss might be the best thing for the OSU program. Time to go off the national stage for a while and get their shit together.(or at least go have a complete breakdown elsewhere in relative obscurity) This is a team with no identity. The reason it was a big deal when Beanie went down is not just that's he's good (he is), its that he is the only player on the offense with the confidence to carry the team. Without him (and until Pryor is ready to go, full time, and hopefully has somebody to throw to) they got nothing--and everybody knows it. They key to beating Ohio State is to blitz on every play. The O-line can't handle it, the plays being called unfold too slowly, and the QB doesn't have the poise to make quick reads even when there are people open. If something good happens, it is probably because somebody is about to get called for holding. And the D appears to be depressed and uninterested. This. is. a. poorly. coached. football. team.

It feels good to get that off my chest. As much as I love to give the UM fans here crap about "fearing the sweatervest", the truth is that I've always felt like the only guy in OSU nation who can't stand Tressel. That's a bit harsh for a guy with his W-L record, but his reputation as a "fundamentals guy" is a crock. His most impressive coaching job was willing his team to a championship in '02 despite having almost zero offense, but a disciplined, suffocating defense--full of players who were inherited from Cooper and coached magnificently by Mark D'Antonio (who is now a division rival at MSU). That season is where Tress got his rep as a quality "fundamentals guy", but as the years roll on, that rep isn't holding up. Every time they are in a game against a fierce opponent, they have a mental breakdown and shit the bed.

USC has a hell of a team (as did Florida and LSU), but OSU's recruiting classes are right up there in the top tier every year. The can recruit virtually anybody they want, so the BS about not having the athletes to compete is exactly that--BS. There's no excuse for the pathetic performances they've put up in their biggest games. And that's why its hard to be a Buckeye fan these days--because this team should be soooooo much better than it is. If there is such a thing as anti-swagger, this team has it. It reminds me of the way Cooper's teams used to freak out and implode against Michigan every year, except now it is becoming ingrained in the team's psyche. Its not just the outside perception of the program anymore after having a bad game or two. Bad days happen to everybody and people are going to give you crap for it...especially if it happens on a national stage. That's what I said the first time. When they played essentially the same game against LSU it was disheartening. When they played the same game again against USC, it is clear this team has no direction. They're not learning from their mistakes and they're not playing anywhere near their potential, and that is the coaching staff's fault. This is a badly coached team.

But, hey, at least we've got a hockey team in town now. Go....uh....Blue Jackets? :unsure

Short version of this post: Aaaarrrrrrgggggggghhhhh!

AP Top 10

1. USC (61) 2-0 1,596

2. Oklahoma 3-0 1,485

3. Georgia (2) 3-0 1,437

4. Florida (1) 2-0 1,414

5. Missouri 3-0 1,389

6. LSU 2-0 1,274

7. Texas 2-0 1,140

8. Wisconsin 3-0 1,076

9. Alabama 3-0 982

10. Auburn 3-0 958

That's just life in the SEC. We play Georgia, LSU and Florida this year, albeit not in a row. Seems like every year we play Auburn, they're ranked Top 10. Same for Tennessee.

Well, you both get to play Kentucky in there somewhere (10-11 for SC and 10-18 for Ark), so things are not all bleak. Seems like we always either get the hard SEC teams, or teams who come in with "must win" situations after other SEC thumpings. Life in the SEC, indeed...

We were able to hold off a non-cupcake Middle Tennessee on a last-second shoestring tackle at the 1 on Saturday... not pretty.

With a day or two now to gain perspective on it, this ugly loss might be the best thing for the OSU program. Time to go off the national stage for a while and get their shit together.(or at least go have a complete breakdown elsewhere in relative obscurity) This is a team with no identity. The reason it was a big deal when Beanie went down is not just that's he's good (he is), its that he is the only player on the offense with the confidence to carry the team. Without him (and until Pryor is ready to go, full time, and hopefully has somebody to throw to) they got nothing--and everybody knows it. They key to beating Ohio State is to blitz on every play. The O-line can't handle it, the plays being called unfold too slowly, and the QB doesn't have the poise to make quick reads even when there are people open. If something good happens, it is probably because somebody is about to get called for holding. And the D appears to be depressed and uninterested. This. is. a. poorly. coached. football. team.

It feels good to get that off my chest. As much as I love to give the UM fans here crap about "fearing the sweatervest", the truth is that I've always felt like the only guy in OSU nation who can't stand Tressel. That's a bit harsh for a guy with his W-L record, but his reputation as a "fundamentals guy" is a crock. His most impressive coaching job was willing his team to a championship in '02 despite having almost zero offense, but a disciplined, suffocating defense--full of players who were inherited from Cooper and coached magnificently by Mark D'Antonio (who is now a division rival at MSU). That season is where Tress got his rep as a quality "fundamentals guy", but as the years roll on, that rep isn't holding up. Every time they are in a game against a fierce opponent, they have a mental breakdown and shit the bed.

USC has a hell of a team (as did Florida and LSU), but OSU's recruiting classes are right up there in the top tier every year. The can recruit virtually anybody they want, so the BS about not having the athletes to compete is exactly that--BS. There's no excuse for the pathetic performances they've put up in their biggest games. And that's why its hard to be a Buckeye fan these days--because this team should be soooooo much better than it is. If there is such a thing as anti-swagger, this team has it. It reminds me of the way Cooper's teams used to freak out and implode against Michigan every year, except now it is becoming ingrained in the team's psyche. Its not just the outside perception of the program anymore after having a bad game or two. Bad days happen to everybody and people are going to give you crap for it...especially if it happens on a national stage. That's what I said the first time. When they played essentially the same game against LSU it was disheartening. When they played the same game again against USC, it is clear this team has no direction. They're not learning from their mistakes and they're not playing anywhere near their potential, and that is the coaching staff's fault. This is a badly coached team.

But, hey, at least we've got a hockey team in town now. Go....uh....Blue Jackets? :unsure

Short version of this post: Aaaarrrrrrgggggggghhhhh!

Maybe that Large Hadron Collider did create a black hole and we are now in the parallel universe. How else can you explain the relative lack of arrogance amongst our resident Buckeye and Wolverine faithful this year?

And my predictions for this weekend is that Sparty crushes ND and Michigan does not lose. (Thank goodness Rich Rod and the Wolverines have the week off.)