• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Mizzou beat Illinois, as well as Kansas?

Yes, but since Mizzou lost this week, I guess they dropped below Kansas, who they beat last week, so they don't get an at large bid.

It's fucking stupid.

I think I'm just going to boycott all 5 BCS bowl games.

It is a seriously stupid system, and nothing will probably done with for years.

Until 2011, right?

In other news, how about that Kevin Smith guy, from Central Florida. I mean, Conference USA has rush defenses that seem similar to, let's say, bullfighters, but still. What is it, 3rd highest total in a single season all time? Might have moved himself into the 1st or 2nd round if he wants to come out this year.

USC is going to violate Illinois.

Thats the plan! :dancing

I would have rather faced Ohio State in the Rose Bowl, and let LSU and Oklahoma battle it out in the Title game, but this stupid system....

I had the pleasure of seeing him for the first time against Tulsa. He is really something. Is he going to come back next year?

I haven't heard anything about him coming back. I'd think he would be stupid to come back, seeing as his value will probably never be higher than following a 2,400 yard season, but I think he'll be in the Heisman conversation next year, especially if UCF wins C-USA again.

The announcer during the game was saying how easy it looked for him, and I couldn't agree more. It looked like everyone else was trying as hard as they could and he was just gliding along.

Yeah. He would have to be a favorite for the Heisman if he comes back. Maybe I'll go see him at the Liberty Bowl. This year could be the year CUSA beats an SEC team in the Liberty Bowl. Misstake's rush defense is terrible.

Yes, but since Mizzou lost this week, I guess they dropped below Kansas, who they beat last week, so they don't get an at large bid.

It's fucking stupid.

I think I'm just going to boycott all 5 BCS bowl games.

Actually, both the AP and the Coaches poll had Missouri ranked ahead of Kansas (they were seven/eight and Missouri was six to Kansas' eight in the final BCS standings) and they still took Kansas. I'm down for boycotting the BCS games this year as well, after seeing WVU go into the tank against Pitt I don't really like our chances against Oklahoma, though you never know the way this season is going. I'm pulling for either LSU or Ohio State to win the national championship game on a blown call, like Oregon/Oklahoma last year, and the Coaches Poll going one way and the AP, the other, though I'm not sure if the AP poll even really means anything anymore.

--Mike

Yeah. He would have to be a favorite for the Heisman if he comes back. Maybe I'll go see him at the Liberty Bowl. This year could be the year CUSA beats an SEC team in the Liberty Bowl. Misstake's rush defense is terrible.

He is 181 yards away from breaking the single season rushing mark. That is entirely withing reach vs Miss. That would be something.

Really? Wow. I may make myself go. History, and stuff.

Unless I am mistaken. I believe Barry Sanders' junior year is the record. That may have changed, though.

Either way, impressive.

My favorite quote of the weekend comes from FIU's starting QB, following the team's first victory in over 2 years: "It is absolutely amazing. It is great for our [nine] seniors. They went through so much. What losing streak? We're on a one-game winning streak."

:lol

You think that is bad, wait until Tebow gets a hold of UM's inability to stop a mobile QB defense. It is not going to be pretty, at all.

Yeah. Florida should skullfrick Michigan. Threve times.

I really hope someone from the Big Ten wins, because people are starting to call it a cream puff conference after UM and Ohio State last year. And if the top 3 all get crushed in the post season this time around....

USC is going to violate Illinois.

I'm not so sure of that. I think it'll be a good game.

You think that is bad, wait until Tebow gets a hold of UM's inability to stop a mobile QB defense. It is not going to be pretty, at all.

That I'll agree with. I don't give the blue a snowball's chance in hell against the Gators.

Unless I am mistaken. I believe Barry Sanders' junior year is the record. That may have changed, though.

Either way, impressive.

My favorite quote of the weekend comes from FIU's starting QB, following the team's first victory in over 2 years: "It is absolutely amazing. It is great for our [nine] seniors. They went through so much. What losing streak? We're on a one-game winning streak."

:lol

It's not quite fair, because in addition Barry playing fewer regular-season games, they didn't count his bowl game stats.

It is a complete joke that Illinois is in a BCS game over Florida, Arizona State, and Mizzou (yes i know the rule about you can only have 2 per conference in the BCS), but c'mon. All of those teams have much better resumes than Illinois.

Where is the playoff?

LSU rolls Ohio State 27-13. Can't wait for the Buckeyes to get run off the field by another superior SEC team.

Here ya go Sooie,

Apparently, UM's D-Coordinator, Ron English, has interviewed for the Arkansas head job.

Link

I wasn't even aware he was a candidate. He's young and a good defensive mind, but no head coaching experience. Also I hope stopping a running QB is a requirement or else he is screwed.

Here ya go Sooie,

Apparently, UM's D-Coordinator, Ron English, has interviewed for the Arkansas head job.

Link

I wasn't even aware he was a candidate. He's young and a good defensive mind, but no head coaching experience. Also I hope stopping a running QB is a requirement or else he is screwed.

Per Joe Schad on ESPN, Arkansas has interviewed Ron English from Michigan.

Shoot me in the face.