It's Great To Be A Michigan Wolverine!

Just got back home from the game . . . what a day, lunch at Blimpy Burger, the worst display of football in the first half, and one of the most exciting comebacks I think I will ever see. Michigan may not win the Big 10, but they will not give up and they will fight to the end. I can't wait until next Saturday and the Illini.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michigan pulling out the win against Wisconsin is definitely crazy.

Congrats to the Meeshagin. I had a hunch Bucky was vulnerable, but not sure I really believed they could pull this out.

Of course, you guys have now pissed them off for next week against OSU. :hmm

OSU played another uneven game today, but they're getting stronger. The Pryor/Beanie combo in the backfield is something special and it was good to see this team finally seem to get rolling, but (as usual) they got sloppy in the second half. I'd still love to see more consistency, but hey, they're getting better. And Pryor did a few things today that made me grin--dude ran over people, stiffarmed and spun away from blitzers--this guy is going to be fun to watch for the next couple years.

shows you how little this program has done that our biggest win ever is a blowout on the road against a MAC team. Still, good win, and we should be able to make it two in a row against north Texas next week. They are bad.

So I'm going to apply for the head coach position at Clemson. I could do a better job than Tommy Bowden.... You can't lose those crucial conference games.. Especially when it's a team like Maryland, when Clemson was favored by 11 points!

Vibes.

Hey, if it makes you feel any better, we only managed 2 touchdowns against UAB. UAB!! And now we have to travel to Mississippi the week after they beat Florida in the Swamp. Maybe they'll still be on a high and we can sneak up on them. Otherwise, it's gonna be a long day.

What a strange year so far. Duke and Vanderbilt near or at the top of their respective conferences.

You can't lose those crucial conference games.. Especially when it's a team like Maryland, when Clemson was favored by 11 points!

Heh. That Maryland football team has always been an enigma. They seem to pull out wins against ranked opponents all the time, yet they are inconsistent enough on the whole that it always catches people off guard when they do. :lol

I agree about Bowden, though. If he had a different last name, he'd be gone by now.

I agree about Bowden, though. If he had a different last name, he'd be gone by now.

He consistently beats SC, though. As silly as that sounds, it definitely is one of the reasons he's still around.

Vibes.

Hey, if it makes you feel any better, we only managed 2 touchdowns against UAB. UAB!! And now we have to travel to Mississippi the week after they beat Florida in the Swamp. Maybe they'll still be on a high and we can sneak up on them. Otherwise, it's gonna be a long day.

What a strange year so far. Duke and Vanderbilt near or at the top of their respective conferences.

I'm afraid it's going to be pretty ugly for the Gamecocks when they start playing teams like LSU and Florida, but you never know... This has been a strange year indeed. Even though Georgia has slumped some this year, it's still Georgia and the Gamecocks almost beat them.

But about Maryland. If you watched any of that game, you could see that big Ralph clearly out coached Bowden. Bowden was making stupid calls to pass in the second half, when the running game earned them 195 yards in the first half! And that Quarterback Sneak on the 4th and one before half time?? James Davis could have grabbed that yard easily!

Once again, it's tough being a Clemson fan. They get you all psyched up and then they cut you down... :ohwell

He consistently beats SC, though. As silly as that sounds, it definitely is one of the reasons he's still around.

This is my early prediction, but I think the Gamecocks win this year... And Bowden still won't get fired.... He's in a four year contract and the school would have to pay him 4 million to release him. They don't have that kind of money to blow.. If they want to be able to afford a good replacement.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...339/1002/SPORTS

Next stop for ESPN College GameDay: Nashville.

Saturday's Southeastern Conference matchup between 19th-ranked Vanderbilt and No. 13 Auburn at Vanderbilt Stadium will anchor the network's first-ever day-long appearance in the Music City.

It's the latest nod to a Commodores program that has started the season 4-0 after failing to reach a bowl game in more than 25 years.

"They weren't at the top of the list going into the weekend," GameDay senior producer Michael Fountain said. "But with all the upsets, they're in first place (in the Southeastern Conference Eastern Division), they're creating some buzz, we haven't been there before. We think they'll be pretty excitable.

"We want to go to, if not the big games, certainly the most intriguing matchups. And (the Commodores) are certainly intriguing."

Vanderbilt's standing in the Associated Press Top 25 poll improved from 21st last week, despite a bye week. Auburn (4-1, 2-1 SEC) defeated visiting Tennessee 14-12 on Saturday.

The College GameDay show begins with a two-hour broadcast at 9 a.m. The panel will then broadcast scoreboard updates throughout the day and during the network's 5 p.m. telecast of the sold out Vanderbilt game. They'll also do a post-game wrapup. Throngs of rowdy students and fans serve as a backdrop for the show.

Host Chris Fowler will lead the ESPN contingent, which includes analysts Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit and Desmond Howard.

"This is tremendous for our university, Coach (Bobby) Johnson's program and this great city," Vanderbilt Vice Chancellor David Williams said. "ESPN's decision to bring College GameDay to Vanderbilt speaks volumes about the outstanding job Bobby Johnson has done during his tenure and the student-athletes he has attracted into our football program.

"We're extremely pleased and excited about this announcement."

It'll mark the third straight SEC destination for GameDay, which originated from Athens, Ga., this past weekend and from Auburn for the Sept. 20 game with LSU.

"I think it's great for our university, our fans, and our players and coaches," Johnson said. "It's definitely going to add to the excitement level as we prepare for an important SEC game."

ESPN crews will be out early in the week to scout a good location for the College GameDay set. The crew may move inside the stadium for in-game and post-game segments.

"It's certainly a challenge to make sure there's a footprint big enough to handle all our needs," said ESPN producer Fountain. "I think we've established the possibility of a couple of places on campus that should be able to support us.

"I don't think people realize how big it's gotten."

We're No. 1: Through five weeks of the season, the Commodores lead the nation in turnover margin. The Commodores have recovered four fumbles along with 10 interceptions, while suffering just five turnovers on offense

This is my early prediction, but I think the Gamecocks win this year... And Bowden still won't get fired.... He's in a four year contract and the school would have to pay him 4 million to release him. They don't have that kind of money to blow.. If they want to be able to afford a good replacement.

Who knows at this point. Neither team is playing worth a crap. We can't even settle on a QB, although apparently Garcia is starting at Ole Miss.

I meant to ask you about your band playing at a tailgate the other week. I saw you post about it but you didn't say where you played. We were tailgating next to the Gamecock Pavilion and I heard a band, but once they started playing Celebration, I figured (hoped anyway) it wasn't you guys. :lol

I meant to ask you about your band playing at a tailgate the other week. I saw you post about it but you didn't say where you played. We were tailgating next to the Gamecock Pavilion and I heard a band, but once they started playing Celebration, I figured (hoped anyway) it wasn't you guys. :lol

Haha.. No that was not us. Thankfully "Celebration" is not on our playlist...

We played in the area around the Cabooses.. You know which one's I'm talking about? The ones where you can rent them out and watch the game from the roof?

We're playing again on Oct. 18th at The Gates. I don't suppose you are going to that one are you?

Haha.. No that was not us. Thankfully "Celebration" is not on our playlist...

We played in the area around the Cabooses.. You know which one's I'm talking about? The ones where you can rent them out and watch the game from the roof?

We're playing again on Oct. 18th at The Gates. I don't suppose you are going to that one are you?

I may be at that game. I get tix from my brother and if I ask early enough, he usually will give me one. I've already asked for Arkansas but I'll see about LSU, too. I may actually know someone who has a condo at The Gates. He definitely has a condo, just not sure if it's there or the ones across from the stadium on Bluff Road. I may see him at lunch today so I'll ask.

I may be at that game. I get tix from my brother and if I ask early enough, he usually will give me one. I've already asked for Arkansas but I'll see about LSU, too. I may actually know someone who has a condo at The Gates. He definitely has a condo, just not sure if it's there or the ones across from the stadium on Bluff Road. I may see him at lunch today so I'll ask.

Cool, if you do end up going, let me know and I'll give you more info on our show.

It is nice to see Alabama being awesome again.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing that Nick Saban has been able to build a good program in such a short amount of time.

It's funny how they were ranked 24th in the pre-season.. Then they totally spanked 9th ranked Clemson.. The pre-season rankings are bullshit. :lol

I have to agree. I didn't imagine we would get our program turned around so quickly. Last weekend might have been the best athens trip I have ever made and I look for this weekend in Tuscaloosa to be equally grand. Definitely a little worried about LSU though (and of course Auburn). Hell, Ole Miss looks pretty good under Nutt too. It's a long road in the SEC. I wish we could play more of an Ohio State of Michigan schedule. You know, one that's more of a cake walk and all.

Week 2 in the Big 10 - Michigan v Illinois should be good, provided that the Michigan offense seen in the first half last week never rears its ugly head again. This one should be good as the Michigan D and the Illini O both seem to be pretty talented, and the Illini D and the Michigan O are their respective teams' achilles heel. Plus my two nephews who live in Virginia are going to their first college football game at the Big House with their grandfather. When Luke told me that he would try to find me in the stadium, I asked him if he knew how many people would be there. He thought there might be 3000. When I told him that it would be more like 109,000 he just said "WOW".

It will be interesting to see how the battle of the Bucks turns out. Will Bucky be able to recover from that devatating 2nd half melt down last week? How will Pryor handle the insanity at Camp-Randall? I see a Wisky win here.

Penn State should be able to handle Purdue, keeping them in the driver seat. Sparty has Iowa at home for homecoming. Hopefully they can pull out a win for my Dad and Brother who will be at that game. Frankly, I'd like to see Sparty stay on its roll until their visit to the Big House on 10/25.

Go Blue!!!

I have to agree. I didn't imagine we would get our program turned around so quickly. Last weekend might have been the best athens trip I have ever made and I look for this weekend in Tuscaloosa to be equally grand. Definitely a little worried about LSU though (and of course Auburn). Hell, Ole Miss looks pretty good under Nutt too. It's a long road in the SEC. I wish we could play more of an Ohio State of Michigan schedule. You know, one that's more of a cake walk and all.

App State. That's all I've got to say about that. App State. :ohwell

Yeah, it's pretty amazing that Nick Saban has been able to build a good program in such a short amount of time.

It's funny how they were ranked 24th in the pre-season.. Then they totally spanked 9th ranked Clemson.. The pre-season rankings are bullshit. :lol

Bama is my new 2nd fave team, even though I've always kinda liked them. They've already beaten two of my least fave teams this year. Roll Tide!!

It's amazing what recruiting can do. They were in the top 3 in the nation last year, and this years class looks great too. They are going to be around for a while.

[quote name='MJHutch' date='Oct 3 2008, 10:02 AM' post='1212911

App State. That's all I've got to say about that. App State. :ohwell

Hell, I went to App State for undergrad. Definitely one of the more memorable games I can remember. Too bad we sucked while I was there. And damn if Bama didn't suck when I was in law school. Damn Shula.

I wish we could play more of an Ohio State of Michigan schedule. You know, one that's more of a cake walk and all.

Cake walks are overrated. I'd much rather have the Big Ten recover to full strength again and risk dropping a few games here and there rather than watching a team sleepwalk through the season with swelled heads and get thrashed when they finally face real competition.

Cake walks are overrated. I'd much rather have the Big Ten recover to full strength again and risk dropping a few games here and there rather than watching a team sleepwalk through the season with swelled heads and get thrashed when they finally face real competition.

The BCS would have to abolished for this to work.