Cake walks are overrated. I'd much rather have the Big Ten recover to full strength again and risk dropping a few games here and there rather than watching a team sleepwalk through the season with swelled heads and get thrashed when they finally face real competition.

Yeah, I was joking. Those schedules are a joke and it usually shows in the bowl games. Either way. I hear Dre Kirkpatrick has already picked out his roommate in Tuscaloosa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SJP8hfsDqU

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's where you go to school. I couldn't remember if it was there or Florida Atlantic.

We get that alot.

My school is the one that has won 2 games in the last 3 seasons and got into a huge fight against UM. They are the ones who won the conference and a bowl game last season.

Yeah, I was joking. Those schedules are a joke and it usually shows in the bowl games.

It doesn't feel that long ago to me that the Big Ten was the one doing the current SEC woe-is-me bit about how difficult it is to get through a season unscathed. Then again, crap, I guess I've been out of college for ten years now, so maybe it has been a while. Things go in cycles, I guess, but yeah, there's been a lot of mediocrity in this league for years and you're right, it has been showing in the bowl games.

I have to agree. I didn't imagine we would get our program turned around so quickly. Last weekend might have been the best athens trip I have ever made and I look for this weekend in Tuscaloosa to be equally grand. Definitely a little worried about LSU though (and of course Auburn). Hell, Ole Miss looks pretty good under Nutt too. It's a long road in the SEC. I wish we could play more of an Ohio State of Michigan schedule. You know, one that's more of a cake walk and all.

The thing I worry about is that Saban has raised the market price for college coaching to an exorbitant level. That can't be a good thing. It just can't.

That said, I'm not looking forward to our chances (UK) in the game tomorrow. I'm not one for whining, but this is a pretty tough opener for on-the-road conference play. And our 4-0 record isn't quite as menacing as it looks on paper. We'll see...

The thing I worry about is that Saban has raised the market price for college coaching to an exorbitant level. That can't be a good thing. It just can't.

That said, I'm not looking forward to our chances (UK) in the game tomorrow. I'm not one for whining, but this is a pretty tough opener for on-the-road conference play. And our 4-0 record isn't quite as menacing as it looks on paper. We'll see...

Hell, you never know. UK has looked pretty solid but definitely a different caliber of team for them tomorrow. As far as salaries go, it doesn't bother me too much. None of the funds come out of the education budget or anything and it certainly attracts folks to the school. I think it pays in the end.

On the bright side, losing to Oregon State isn't the worst thing that happened to a USC football player this week....

art.closings.jpg

At least it wasn't this Juice that killed Michigan today.

Go Blue!!! Beat Toledo!!!

Once Terelle learns when to throw the ball away and/or how to find an open receiver while scrambling, this dude is going to be all kinds of awesome. There were some rocky moments in there tonight, but way to gut out a win there at the end. :thumbup

Once Terelle learns when to throw the ball away and/or how to find an open receiver while scrambling, this dude is going to be all kinds of awesome. There were some rocky moments in there tonight, but way to gut out a win there at the end. :thumbup

He's developing quite well, actually, it's been pretty awesome to see him play. Next week shouldn't be too bad vs. Purdue, but we'll see... :hmm

He's developing quite well, actually

Agreed. Wisconsin was a big "growing up" game. A tough D in a hostile environment and he handled it well. He made some typical freshman mistakes, but that's to be expected. I actually got a laugh out of that 16 yard sack in the first half. You could tell he's still used to being able to spin away and simply outrun everybody on the field--that doesn't always work at this level, but that's ok because he's learning. He grew up a lot in that 4th quarter--that was a huge moment for him. He's just going to keep getting better, I think. I can't wait to see where his progress is at by the end of the season.

I can't wait to see where his progress is at by the end of the season.

Chewed up by multiple large fierce members of the weasel family? A Michigan Alum can dream, can't I?

No.

:lol

We actually got a win this weekend, even if it was against Ole Miss. But hey, it was on the road in the SEC and our offense actually scored more than one touchdown and our defense even had a score so I would call that a successful game.

Also, kudos to Vandy for beating Auburn and holding them to just two scores. What has happened to those guys (Auburn)?

Meanwhile Goomer Pile err... Bill Stewart's Mountaineer squad is on a winning streak. I only say this because it might be the only time I get to say it this year. There's a good possibility that the winner of the Big East this year might not even end up in the Top 25. Though as bad as WVU has looked 9-3 is a distinct possibility, because the Big East is so weak.

Anyway Michigan would be willing to work a three-way coach trade with LSU, you guys get Les Miles, we take Rod back (three weeks into the season I immediately realized everything negative I said about Rodriguez in the off season was off the mark, I am willing to forgive, he understands clock management), and LSU gets someone like Lane Kiffin? Everybody wins.

--Mike

I actually think I'm happier with RichRod than I would be with Miles. Sure, Mallett probably would have stayed, but I think RichRod has more of a long term vision for the program and in about 3 years or so we'll be way better off.