• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they would get rid of Franklin Sunday but when that didn't happen I figured he was safe. Hell, the Arkansas game might have been a good time for him to let loose with the ol spread eagle offense. I have to give it to them though, they had a problem and they addressed it. I'm just not sure how an already confused offense is going to react to a new OC mid season.

Clemson game last night:

For a team that was ranked no. 9 in the preseason, that has some of the best talent in the league, they played like a highschool team last night.. Their offensive line SUCKED..

Tommy Bowden is done... He's gotta go.

I'm kinda late jumping in on this thread, but Missouri might be the best team in the country. They cannot and will not be stopped offensively.

PAINS me to say that as a Kansas guy.

I think I'd bet a month's-worth of pay that the BCS Championship will have a Big 12 team....Missouri, Oklahoma or Texas. This will be decided in the next 8 days. OU plays Texas tomorrow. MU plays Texas next week.

I'm kinda late jumping in on this thread, but Missouri might be the best team in the country. They cannot and will not be stopped offensively.

PAINS me to say that as a Kansas guy.

I think I'd bet a month's-worth of pay that the BCS Championship will have a Big 12 team....Missouri, Oklahoma or Texas. This will be decided in the next 8 days. OU plays Texas tomorrow. MU plays Texas next week.

Alright, some Big 12 talk. :thumbup

I'll be perfectly happy if we go 1-1 over these next two weeks, although tomorrow's game is more important than the Missouri game, at least in terms of getting to the Big 12 championship game.

I think Texas has a chance if we can just stop the big plays and force OU to have to sustain drives.

Alright, some Big 12 talk. :thumbup

I'll be perfectly happy if we go 1-1 over these next two weeks, although tomorrow's game is more important than the Missouri game, at least in terms of getting to the Big 12 championship game.

I think Texas has a chance if we can just stop the big plays and force OU to have to sustain drives.

You think Colt McCoy and Texas score 40 points against Missouri? I think they'll need at least that many.

You think Colt McCoy and Texas score 40 points against Missouri? I think they'll need at least that many.

I don't see why not. That game has more potential to be a shootout than our game with OU. It will be interesting to see how Mizzou's defense performs against Oklahoma State this week, because they can put up a lot of points, too. If that game is similar to the Illinois game, then I think Mizzou will have trouble eventually.

Although, their schedule is pretty easy with just OSU and Kansas at home and Texas as their only road test until the Big 12 championship.

I don't see why not. That game has more potential to be a shootout than our game with OU. It will be interesting to see how Mizzou's defense performs against Oklahoma State this week, because they can put up a lot of points, too. If that game is similar to the Illinois game, then I think Mizzou will have trouble eventually.

Although, their schedule is pretty easy with just OSU and Kansas at home and Texas as their only road test until the Big 12 championship.

I agree. Missouri has the easiest schedule of any of the Big 12 contenders....by far. MU doesn't have to play Oklahoma OR Texas Tech...both are teams that could give Missouri a good test. Meanwhile, Texas and Oklahoma have to play each other, and Texas Tech and Ok. State....AND Kansas, which will compete with anyone (thanks to Todd Reesing).

If Missouri beats Oklahoma State like 55-10, then Texas might be in trouble. But if Oklahoma State scores 35-plus, that should give hope that Missouri is beatable....especially playing at Texas. I'm hoping Texas wins tomorrow to get conficence and momentum for the following weekend.

Holy Toledo!

That was not pleasant. 2-10 is looking more and more likely for Michigan. They just aren't a very good team this year. With that said,

Go Blue!!! Beat PSU!!!

On a somewhat related note, Sparty is looking very good against NW. Ringer is a freaking stud.

That was not pleasant. 2-10 is looking more and more likely for Michigan. They just aren't a very good team this year. With that said,

Go Blue!!! Beat PSU!!!

On a somewhat related note, Sparty is looking very good against NW. Ringer is a freaking stud.

I feel your pain. These sorts of years suck.

Predicted final score of this year's OSU/UM game:

OSU: 7

UM: 3

OSU will score in the opening minutes, then look like shit for the remainder of the game, as is becoming custom for them. Michigan will still lose because that's just the kind of year it is shaping up to be.

Wow. Looks like Alabama ascends to #1 on their off week.

The Gators really handed the Tigers their asses tonight.

With 1, 3, and 4 all losing, it would not surprise me if Texas winds up #1. Although it will probably be close. I can see more voters, when having to decide between Alabama and Texas at #1, going with Texas based on short-term memory and the fact that Alabama struggled with Kentucky. Not that any of it matters in early October, though.

Some thoughts from the weekend. Michigan struggles this year are reminding me of Rodriguez's first year at WVU. They were even worse than UM this year trust me. I am really hoping this is the beginning of the end of the "spread offense" craze, because I am really getting tired of these teams going into shotgun on third and one and losing two yards on a carry up the middle.

Start buying stock in Penn State. If they can knock off Ohio State in Columbus and avoid their annual stinker against Michigan, this team has the best shot at going undefeated of anyone in the top five. Texas looks great, but that schedule is harder than half of the team's in the NFL are playing this year. Alabama's tendency to let off the gas in the fourth quarter will come back to bite them in the SEC. Texas Tech isn't going to beat Oklahoma in Norman. Oklahoma State won't beat Texas in Austin. And BYU needs all the major conference contenders ahead of them to lose at least one more time. I am starting to foresee Penn State at 12-0 and a clusterfuck of one loss teams all with a legitimate claim to play them in the BCS championship game. Of course all of this will change with next week's upsets. Get ready for Boise State vs. Ohio State.

West Virginia won, they still look pretty mediocre and in any conference we'd be looking at 5-7. But the Big East is so bad this year and our remaining non-conference opponent Auburn is in tatters, that 10-2 and perhaps a BCS win over whomever wins the ACC in the Orange Bowl doesn't seem out of the realm. Then again neither does 4-8.

--Mike

With 1, 3, and 4 all losing, it would not surprise me if Texas winds up #1. Although it will probably be close. I can see more voters, when having to decide between Alabama and Texas at #1, going with Texas based on short-term memory and the fact that Alabama struggled with Kentucky. Not that any of it matters in early October, though.

This is how I see it shaking out as well, though I have to hope I'm wrong (Alabama fan).

Start buying stock in Penn State. If they can knock off Ohio State in Columbus and avoid their annual stinker against Michigan, this team has the best shot at going undefeated of anyone in the top five.

Because they play nobody? The Big 10 competition this year is looking even worse than usual.