Guess Harper wasn't too happy about his benching. Wonder if Korn will still start this week.

And now Spence is gone, too.

Yep, Korn will be their new QB. I saw him play in the spring game and he completely blew Harper away. I remember thinking that they were stupid to not be starting him.

This season is over for the Tigers, so now it's just prep time for next season and to see what Dabo can do as the head coach.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Korn will be their new QB. I saw him play in the spring game and he completely blew Harper away. I remember thinking that they were stupid to not be starting him.

This season is over for the Tigers, so now it's just prep time for next season and to see what Dabo can do as the head coach.

Wow, talk radio hosts are all over Cullen Harper and his dad this morning. I know he was upset but he probably should've kept his mouth shut. Now he looks like a dope for saying what he said.

None of our QB's played well in the Spring game and Garcia didn't play at all. Why is it you think Korn didn't get the start if he was so much better than Harper? Doesn't sound like much love lost between Harper and Bowden.

Wow, talk radio hosts are all over Cullen Harper and his dad this morning. I know he was upset but he probably should've kept his mouth shut. Now he looks like a dope for saying what he said.

None of our QB's played well in the Spring game and Garcia didn't play at all. Why is it you think Korn didn't get the start if he was so much better than Harper? Doesn't sound like much love lost between Harper and Bowden.

Yeah, that was bad form for Harper to say what he did. That was totally uncalled for when Tommy was so good to him.. Which brings me to my next comment, you ask why he was able to start and Korn wasn't? Because for some reason, Tommy thought Harper was the best QB in the world.. And he had potential to be a great QB last year, but he got hurt.. And instead of benching him, Tommy kept his faith in him... And in return, Harper had to say that he deserved to get fired? What a jerk..

But I like this Dabo guy.. We'll see what he can do.

Yeah, that was bad form for Harper to say what he did. That was totally uncalled for when Tommy was so good to him.. Which brings me to my next comment, you ask why he was able to start and Korn wasn't? Because for some reason, Tommy thought Harper was the best QB in the world.. And he had potential to be a great QB last year, but he got hurt.. And instead of benching him, Tommy kept his faith in him... And in return, Harper had to say that he deserved to get fired? What a jerk..

But I like this Dabo guy.. We'll see what he can do.

It was bad enough that Harper said what he said, but then for his dad to get involved was even worse. No class, sorry.

Sounds like Bowden-Harper is like Spurrier-Smelley. Fans can't understand why he's kept him in the games as long as he has. Guess we'll see on Saturday what Garcia can really handle. 8 pm game on ESPN against LSU after they've come off a 30 pt. loss to Florida....he's going to need to play like Tim Tebow.

It was bad enough that Harper said what he said, but then for his dad to get involved was even worse. No class, sorry.

Sounds like Bowden-Harper is like Spurrier-Smelley. Fans can't understand why he's kept him in the games as long as he has. Guess we'll see on Saturday what Garcia can really handle. 8 pm game on ESPN against LSU after they've come off a 30 pt. loss to Florida....he's going to need to play like Tim Tebow.

Yeah, it's going to be crazy in Columbia. My band is playing at a place called "The Gates" from 2-6. Everyone is going to be hyped up for the big game. :)

Yeah, it's going to be crazy in Columbia. My band is playing at a place called "The Gates" from 2-6. Everyone is going to be hyped up for the big game. :)

Right, I remember you told me that. The Gates is a private condo complex,tho, so I don't think just anybody can show up to the tailgates but I could be wrong. I'm still debating about whether to go. The State Fair is in town which means parking will be a freaking nightmare and 8 pm means WAY too many drunk assholes to deal with.

PS - Did you see that pic of James Davis crying? :stunned

Right, I remember you told me that. The Gates is a private condo complex,tho, so I don't think just anybody can show up to the tailgates but I could be wrong. I'm still debating about whether to go. The State Fair is in town which means parking will be a freaking nightmare and 8 pm means WAY too many drunk assholes to deal with.

PS - Did you see that pic of James Davis crying? :stunned

Yeah, I think I heard something about it being private but if you go, I'm sure we could get you in.

I did not see that pic of James.. I guess it is kind of bitter sweet for Tommy to go. He was very well liked as a person, just not as a coach.

Yeah, I think I heard something about it being private but if you go, I'm sure we could get you in.

I'm working on getting a ticket. Also, I checked with a friend of mine and she said you need a pass to get into The Gates at anytime but they are very strict about it on game days.

I'm working on getting a ticket. Also, I checked with a friend of mine and she said you need a pass to get into The Gates at anytime but they are very strict about it on game days.

Ahh.. Well we've never played there so I'm not sure how strict they will be.. Your friend could be right.

LSU is coming off a tough loss, so they are going to be pissed and fired up. Good luck to the GameCocks. :)

Ahh.. Well we've never played there so I'm not sure how strict they will be.. Your friend could be right.

LSU is coming off a tough loss, so they are going to be pissed and fired up. Good luck to the GameCocks. :)

Got a ticket! Club seats, woo! A friend of mine's brother is on the team (well, he's a frosh and on the scout team, i think) and her dad bought season tix. He and his wife don't really want to go to the game because of all the fair traffic so she got the tix.

Got a ticket! Club seats, woo! A friend of mine's brother is on the team (well, he's a frosh and on the scout team, i think) and her dad bought season tix. He and his wife don't really want to go to the game because of all the fair traffic so she got the tix.

Awesome! :thumbup

I don't mind if USC beats the LSU Tigers.. Just not the other Tigers.. :)

Pretty interesting game tonight in my own backyard. TCU's defense is pretty stout and we've had a lot of rain recently, which might be able to put the clamps on BYU's offense. This is, essentially, one of two tough tests for BYU this season in its effort to go undefeated (the other being at Utah).

Awesome! :thumbup

I don't mind if USC beats the LSU Tigers.. Just not the other Tigers.. :)

That will definitely be an interesting game this year, with Clemson's coaching change and both teams' QB situation. Hopefully Garcia will be performing like a stud by then though!

As for Saturday's game, I'm not predicting a win for us by any means, although there are tons of Gamecock fans who are. I prefer to leave well enough alone when it comes to predictions (did predict alabama beating Clemson, tho.. :lol ). You never know in the SEC though. No one gave us any hope back in 1994 and we went into Baton Rouge with Tanneyhill and won.

That will definitely be an interesting game this year, with Clemson's coaching change and both teams' QB situation. Hopefully Garcia will be performing like a stud by then though!

As for Saturday's game, I'm not predicting a win for us by any means, although there are tons of Gamecock fans who are. I prefer to leave well enough alone when it comes to predictions (did predict alabama beating Clemson, tho.. :lol ). You never know in the SEC though. No one gave us any hope back in 1994 and we went into Baton Rouge with Tanneyhill and won.

With College Football, paticularly SEC football, pretty hard pedicting a winner. Should be a good game Saturday Night. I will say that that I would not want to be playing this team coming off the loss they had last week at FLA. Of course, there's always the over rated argument and/or coming out flat two times in a row.

BTW...not sure about the 94 USC gamecocks, but the 94 LSU Tigers were 1-2 when USC came to town and finished the year 4-7. I was a sophomore at LSU in 94, and I can promise you I never heard anyone say the words "no one gave us hope against" and "Curly Haulman's LSU Tigers" in the same sentence.

BTW...not sure about the 94 USC gamecocks, but the 94 LSU Tigers were 1-2 when USC came to town and finished the year 4-7. I was a sophomore at LSU in 94, and I can promise you I never heard anyone say the words "no one gave us hope against" and "Curly Haulman's LSU Tigers" in the same sentence.

You ever post (or at least read) over on LSU's Rivals message board? Those folks will tell you that in a heartbeat. :lol No matter how "bad" a team is in the SEC, still tough to come out with a road victory and with Steve Taneyhill as our QB you never knew what to expect. Not to mention, I think we'd only beaten you once in our history at that point.

I have no idea what our record was in 1994 but I'd guess we won at least 6 games because we won our first bowl game that season.

Going up to Alabama for the Troy-FIU game this weekend. Who would've thought midway through the season that FIU would be fighting Troy for first place?

(Nobody cares about Sun Belt football but me)

Going up to Alabama for the Troy-FIU game this weekend. Who would've thought midway through the season that FIU would be fighting Troy for first place?

(Nobody cares about Sun Belt football but me)

A really good friend of my family is a sophomore at Troy. Her sister also went to Troy but graduated last year. So I do follow Troy some because of them. I haven't been to Alabama in forever, though! Have fun! (BTW, Jana is a real cutie. You should look her up.)

You ever post (or at least read) over on LSU's Rivals message board? Those folks will tell you that in a heartbeat. :lol No matter how "bad" a team is in the SEC, still tough to come out with a road victory and with Steve Taneyhill as our QB you never knew what to expect. Not to mention, I think we'd only beaten you once in our history at that point.

I have no idea what our record was in 1994 but I'd guess we won at least 6 games because we won our first bowl game that season.

HA...I don't post over there but check it out every once in a while. Pretty fanatical! Agreed on how tough the SEC is, those were just the very lean years for LSU fans....very lean! Good luck this weekend! Hope its a great game and we can both stay healthy!

I'll keep an eye out, wmf.

depending on how the next two weeks go, fiu-asu could be a de facto conference title game.

PigSooie vs. bobob1313

ASU goes into Bama, and hangs tough. There I said it.

PigSooie vs. bobob1313

ASU goes into Bama, and hangs tough. There I said it.

I've been doing a lot of research into the Sun Belt lately, and I don't know what to think of ASU. Big test for them this weekend with ULL. ULL I think might win the conference just because nobody has the size to match up to them on the O-line. They can just run it down your throat everytime.