• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sucks that I'm going to miss Clemsons first game with the new coach (I'll be setting up for the show right at kickoff). Everyone is totally fired up about it. Dabo has already made several changes. During practice, he told the players they couldn't throw their plastic water cups on the ground anymore, and he made em clean them up. They are also doing this "Tiger Walk" thing where instead of the players being drivin by bus up to the stadium to run down the hill, they are going to walk in and shake fans hands on their way.. Yeah, a little cheesy, but still pretty cool.

It sucks that I'm going to miss Clemsons first game with the new coach (I'll be setting up for the show right at kickoff). Everyone is totally fired up about it. Dabo has already made several changes. During practice, he told the players they couldn't throw their plastic water cups on the ground anymore, and he made em clean them up. They are also doing this "Tiger Walk" thing where instead of the players being drivin by bus up to the stadium to run down the hill, they are going to walk in and shake fans hands on their way.. Yeah, a little cheesy, but still pretty cool.

Well that's what you get for being a traitor and playing on your rival's turf! I was telling my bro last night about your band and he was like, this guy is a Clemson fan? :lol

We started doing that walk thing too, but I've missed it so far this year. Maybe I'll catch it tomorrow. I think we're heading to the stadium around 3 pm.

Well that's what you get for being a traitor and playing on your rival's turf! I was telling my bro last night about your band and he was like, this guy is a Clemson fan? :lol

Hey, a gigs a gig. :)

We also play at Clemson quite often, so that makes up for it.

Another Top 10 team loses? Excellent....

mr_burns.jpg

(sorry, I had to get one last one in there before Javon Ringer and JoePa rip us a new one the next couple weeks)

This is going to be a horrible weekend for football.

My beloved Wolverines are going to get ripped to shreds by PSU. Good bye 9 game winning streak.

tUoOS plays Sparty. No matter what happens in that game, there is no good outcome. I have always said that my two favorite teams are Michigan and whoever is playing tUoOS. But as the lone Wolverine in a family of Spartys, if Sparty wins tomorrow the upcoming Mich-MSU week will be unbearable. My mother, father, brother, aunts, uncles, cousins who have endured years of my Michigan arrogance assholery (according to long-gone Sparty HC Daryl Rogers) will unload on me.

Go Blue!!! Beat PSU!!!

Not me.. Even though I was born in Missourri and they are kind of one of my teams, Texas is just too damn good right now.

I had heard one of the Fox Sports radio guys make the pick so I didn't know if it was a popular pick.

:hitit

No really, I'm not gay.. But the guy is a madman.. I wouldn't be surprised if he won the Heisman again this year.

and then he can disappear into oblivion.

tUoOS plays Sparty. No matter what happens in that game, there is no good outcome.

Should be a nice RB showcase game there with Wells and Ringer. I expect an ugly, low-scoring affair--which probably means it will be shootout, so who knows?

I feel for you having to deal with a family full of revenge-starved Sparties. :lol

Should be a nice RB showcase game there with Wells and Ringer. I expect an ugly, low-scoring affair--which probably means it will be shootout, so who knows?

I feel for you having to deal with a family full of revenge-starved Sparties. :lol

I am frightened. We could get our asses handed to us. MSU's D is still extremely leaky, but Ringer is dangerous. He also didn't get into OSU which is why he's at MSU, which could put Ringer into revenge mode.

I am frightened. We could get our asses handed to us. MSU's D is still extremely leaky, but Ringer is dangerous. He also didn't get into OSU which is why he's at MSU, which could put Ringer into revenge mode.

I haven't watched MSU's D enough to judge their "leakiness". From all reports, the team seems to be buying into Dantonio's system, which means I fully expect their D to be tough as nails. Heck, at least they will be tougher than Purdue, who stymied OSU all day last Saturday. Purdue! Oy. Still shaking that one off. Ringer is a stud. Can you imagine if he had come to Columbus and shared a backfield with Beanie? I mean, granted, that wouldn't be fair to either one of them to have to split the spotlight like that, but damn, as a fan...that would've been sweet.

Unless somebody (Wells, Pryor) has an exceptional game, I think this is going to be a hard one for OSU to win. The o-line has been non-existent all year. Its been a weak spot for years, really. Until they get some solid protection for Pryor and/or big holes for Wells, its going to remain a mediocre offense, at best.

From what I've seem from Sparty this year, they are playing football like you typically would expect a Big 10 team to play football, servicable QB who doesn't make many mistakes throwing the ball, a bunch of really big O-lineman who like to knock people down, a tough and hard-hitting D-line and LB corps, really good secondary that hit hard and makes big plays, and of course Ringer. They are an experienced team and have finally hired a no-nonsense coach. If they can keep the talent coming in, and the coach doesn't develop the Saban complex (i.e. Izzo-envy) they will be a tough team for quite some time.

I need someone to either hug me and tell me everything will be all right or to give me a beer and a shot right now.

Go Blue!!! Beat PSU!!!

From what I've seem from Sparty this year, they are playing football like you typically would expect a Big 10 team to play football, servicable QB who doesn't make many mistakes throwing the ball, a bunch of really big O-lineman who like to knock people down, a tough and hard-hitting D-line and LB corps, really good secondary that hit hard and makes big plays, and of course Ringer. They are an experienced team and have finally hired a no-nonsense coach. If they can keep the talent coming in, and the coach doesn't develop the Saban complex (i.e. Izzo-envy) they will be a tough team for quite some time.

I need someone to either hug me and tell me everything will be all right or to give me a beer and a shot right now.

Agreed. While I welcome Sparty's ascension to the Big Ten "elite" (hope Dantonio sticks around a while--I'm a fan) and think its exactly what this conference needed (along with PSU's re-emergence), the schedule for this season suddenly looks a lot tougher this year. MSU and PSU back to back could be killer for the Bucks right now.

Good God, is any team more frustrating than Michigan this year. Against Illinois and PSU, they look like they finally get it in the first quarter then completely regress to poor execution for the remainder of the game. No ability to block and horrible tackling lead to blowouts in games that started out so promising. I can't imagine why RichRod thought bringing in Sheridan was the correct thing to do in the second half. Oh well, its U of M/MSU week in the Great Lakes State. It should be fun.

Go Blue!!! Beat Sparty!!!

The second half was a lot more of what I expected. They looked great early, but did you really think Threet could keep it up for 4 quarters?

I wonder how much better they'd be this year if Mallet had stayed. He'd still be working with very shallow receiving core, and no real offensive line to speak of, but Threet and Sheridan are both terrible, though Sheridan is definitely a lot worse. I was watching at a bar so I couldn't hear the audio, but my friends that I was watching with thought that Sheridan came in because Threet was hurt again. It's the only explanation that makes sense, since Sheridan has no business ever being in the game, but Threet was back shortly thereafter so he couldn't have been hurt very badly if that was the case.

So after we miss a bowl game this year, who will have the longest current streak of going to bowls? Does anyone know?

Edit:

Found it. Here are the longest current streaks of bowl appearances:

* Michigan (33)

* Florida State (26)

* Florida (17)

* Virginia Tech (15)

* Georgia, Georgia Tech (11)

* Texas (10)

* Boston College, Oklahoma (9)

* Auburn, LSU, Ohio State, Texas Tech (8)

* Southern Cal (7)