What's amazing is McCoy had one more incompletion than he did touchdown passes.

29 of 32...absolutely amazing.

Only 37 incompletions FOR THE SEASON.

Amazing.

Texas will have another tough game next week against Okie state.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we lead the nation in sacks allowed per game. Our O-line sucks donkey balls. Another game lost by one touchdown.

The Gamecocks always play well against the high ranked teams. I didn't get to see much of the game, but from what I saw Garcia was pretty impressive. I guess now he needs the O-line to back him up, and with their defensive, they really could have something going.

You were right, The Gates show was very strict on who they would let in. They had rent-a-cops at the entrance and they would only let in people with wrist bands. :(

I'm sure Ohio State is still very good at football.

Yeah, but if you'd been watching them thus far this year, this was still very much up in the air.

The O-line played much better this week against Sparty. Somebody finally lit a fire under their butts, which is good. That line has been the weak link for a while now and is the biggest reason OSU has fared so poorly against "the best in America" in recent years. Its like a sieve.

The Gamecocks always play well against the high ranked teams. I didn't get to see much of the game, but from what I saw Garcia was pretty impressive. I guess now he needs the O-line to back him up, and with their defensive, they really could have something going.

You were right, The Gates show was very strict on who they would let in. They had rent-a-cops at the entrance and they would only let in people with wrist bands. :(

We played well the first half but played horribly the second half. Hard to win a game when you can't score. Garcia got sacked six times. A few of those times he had absolutely no chance to make any kind of play. LSU's line was on him like white on rice. Not to mention by the 4th quarter, our defense was so tired, LSU was just running the ball like we were a HS team. Have to say though, Garcia did display some flashes of a cocky, skilled QB which is what we need. Beecher and Smelley just don't have that. I have to keep telling myself that Garcia is only a freshman.

On a good note, the crowd seemed to be really into the game for the most part. I thought the white towels were a nice touch. We stayed the entire game even though it was so damn cold. Luckily my friend brought a blanket.

I didn't even get a chance to walk over to The Gates. We tailgated with my brother and his friends for about 4 hours. Hope your gig went well!

We played well the first half but played horribly the second half. Hard to win a game when you can't score. Garcia got sacked six times. A few of those times he had absolutely no chance to make any kind of play. LSU's line was on him like white on rice. Not to mention by the 4th quarter, our defense was so tired, LSU was just running the ball like we were a HS team. Have to say though, Garcia did display some flashes of a cocky, skilled QB which is what we need. Beecher and Smelley just don't have that. I have to keep telling myself that Garcia is only a freshman.

On a good note, the crowd seemed to be really into the game for the most part. I thought the white towels were a nice touch. We stayed the entire game even though it was so damn cold. Luckily my friend brought a blanket.

I didn't even get a chance to walk over to The Gates. We tailgated with my brother and his friends for about 4 hours. Hope your gig went well!

Thanks, the gig did go pretty well. Everyone was pumped for the game.. I found it interesting that there were more LSU fans than USC.

I didn't get to see the Clemson game either.. Yeah they lost, but from what I heard the atmosphere was different. The players were more into it, and they played much better than they have been overall. It's too early to tell how Dabo is going to do, but we'll see. I heard that the Clemson head coaching job is one of the hottest in the country, and I know they'll be offering big money for it. So who knows who they'll get.

Thanks, the gig did go pretty well. Everyone was pumped for the game.. I found it interesting that there were more LSU fans than USC.

I didn't get to see the Clemson game either.. Yeah they lost, but from what I heard the atmosphere was different. The players were more into it, and they played much better than they have been overall. It's too early to tell how Dabo is going to do, but we'll see. I heard that the Clemson head coaching job is one of the hottest in the country, and I know they'll be offering big money for it. So who knows who they'll get.

We saw a good bit of the Clemson game before we had to head to the stadium and listened to the rest of it in the car. First half was not pretty for Clemson. I really couldn't watch it objectively because my brother and his friends were too busy making fun of Dabo.

Did you happen to see

? From where I was sitting, it looked like Garcia just kind of ran into the ref but this video makes it look like the ref threw a forearm! WTH?
We saw a good bit of the Clemson game before we had to head to the stadium and listened to the rest of it in the car. First half was not pretty for Clemson. I really couldn't watch it objectively because my brother and his friends were too busy making fun of Dabo.

Did you happen to see

? From where I was sitting, it looked like Garcia just kind of ran into the ref but this video makes it look like the ref threw a forearm! WTH?

They replayed it twice on TV, and I told my wife I thought the ref made have forgot where he was for a second and decided to re-live the glory days. He threw a forearm no doubt about it. He may have been protecting himself add just reacted, but it was a forearm. Same ref blocked our linebacker on ya'lls first score. He still was beat, but may have caught him if that ref didn't throw such a good block.

Thought it was a very hard fought game and was impressed with SC. Was really impressed with LSU's D in the second half. Sounds like you feel your o line is a little suspect, so maybe I shouldn't feel so good, but

The crowd looked great and into it on TV, exciting game. I've also got to say that i was pretty proud of Miles for taking a knee at the end of the game. There is a certain ex-florida coach that wasn't too fond of doing that, and LSU was on the bad end of a couple of those games. Now that I think about it, the current FLA coach is the same way.

Anyway, sounds like you got to see a great game. Hope you had a good time. I'm pretty excited about my trip to New Orleans and Tiger Stadium this coming weekend for the LSU Georgia Game

What's amazing is McCoy had one more incompletion than he did touchdown passes.

29 of 32...absolutely amazing.

Only 37 incompletions FOR THE SEASON.

Amazing.

Texas will have another tough game next week against Okie state.

The offense is definitely rolling now. And the emergence of Ogbannaya as a running threat, in addition to coming out of the backfield, has greatly contributed to that. If Orakpo, Kindle, Miller, etc., can keep getting good pressure without needing to blitz, the defense should stay solid, too.

It looks like Oklahoma State will be our second toughest game behind the Sooners this year.

They replayed it twice on TV, and I told my wife I thought the ref made have forgot where he was for a second and decided to re-live the glory days. He threw a forearm no doubt about it. He may have been protecting himself add just reacted, but it was a forearm. Same ref blocked our linebacker on ya'lls first score. He still was beat, but may have caught him if that ref didn't throw such a good block.

Thought it was a very hard fought game and was impressed with SC. Was really impressed with LSU's D in the second half. Sounds like you feel your o line is a little suspect, so maybe I shouldn't feel so good, but

The crowd looked great and into it on TV, exciting game. I've also got to say that i was pretty proud of Miles for taking a knee at the end of the game. There is a certain ex-florida coach that wasn't too fond of doing that, and LSU was on the bad end of a couple of those games. Now that I think about it, the current FLA coach is the same way.

Anyway, sounds like you got to see a great game. Hope you had a good time. I'm pretty excited about my trip to New Orleans and Tiger Stadium this coming weekend for the LSU Georgia Game

Congrats on your win. You guys had the better team Saturday night. Maybe one day our team will understand that a football game has 4 quarters. We still had fun despite the loss. My friend and I encountered the famous LSU Pimp brigade walking to our tailgate spot. They were really nice to us, but that may have been because my friend was wearing a purple shirt (not sure what she was thinking there). She soon covered it up with her fleece jacket.

We've had problems with our o-line all season, even against teams like Wofford and UAB. I think the Express Package confused our offense. You mean less than 50 yards rushing, right? Yeah we basically have no RB. Spurrier had planned to let Baker get more playing time, but you saw what happened to him in the first half.

I guess that was classy of Miles to take a knee at the end, but not sure why he had to call a time out to prolong our agony.

Yeah, but if you'd been watching them thus far this year, this was still very much up in the air.

The O-line played much better this week against Sparty. Somebody finally lit a fire under their butts, which is good. That line has been the weak link for a while now and is the biggest reason OSU has fared so poorly against "the best in America" in recent years. Its like a sieve.

Yeah, we'll see how we fare this weeked vs. Linebacker U...

What a craptastic weekend.

yeah, I'm still kinda in shock. Not unusual for the Monday after a UK game here, but it's a different kind of shock than what we're used to here. It's not often that we hear opponents say things like "they just made the big plays at the end".

yeah, I'm still kinda in shock. Not unusual for the Monday after a UK game here, but it's a different kind of shock than what we're used to here. It's not often that we hear opponents say things like "they just made the big plays at the end".

Yeah. We totally blew it. Man, that was a huge loss for the Hogs.

Congrats to UK.

The offense is definitely rolling now. And the emergence of Ogbannaya as a running threat, in addition to coming out of the backfield, has greatly contributed to that. If Orakpo, Kindle, Miller, etc., can keep getting good pressure without needing to blitz, the defense should stay solid, too.

It looks like Oklahoma State will be our second toughest game behind the Sooners this year.

Don't discount the crazy man and his team from Lubbock.....

So where were you last monday? :lol :cheers

Congrats on your win. You guys had the better team Saturday night. Maybe one day our team will understand that a football game has 4 quarters. We still had fun despite the loss. My friend and I encountered the famous LSU Pimp brigade walking to our tailgate spot. They were really nice to us, but that may have been because my friend was wearing a purple shirt (not sure what she was thinking there). She soon covered it up with her fleece jacket.

We've had problems with our o-line all season, even against teams like Wofford and UAB. I think the Express Package confused our offense. You mean less than 50 yards rushing, right? Yeah we basically have no RB. Spurrier had planned to let Baker get more playing time, but you saw what happened to him in the first half.

I guess that was classy of Miles to take a knee at the end, but not sure why he had to call a time out to prolong our agony.

Appreciate it! That is one thing I've really noticed since Les Miles has been at LSU, is we really play the whole game. I would love to see the number of comebacks we've had in the 4th quarter. Tommy Moffett, strength and conditioning coach, deserves as much or more of the credt actually.

The LSU Pimps are pretty obnoxious, but they don't mean any harm and don't usually bother anyone. They do that for one away game a year. Glad they were nice to ya'll. tried to find the official box score, but this is the best i could do real quick: Post Game article SC had like -13 rushing yards in the second half and only 42 yards total.

Again, great game and gald you had a good time. Think this 2:30 LSU UGA game should be a pretty good one!

Enjoy your off week, those are usually my favorite!

http://texastech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=866497

Texas Tech's situation at place-kicker has evolved from a concern to a source of frustration. Now, it seems as if it has taken an unexpected, crazy twist.

Having already gone through two kickers - who have combined to miss six PATs and half of their field-goal attempts - the sixth-ranked Red Raiders are now seriously considering giving Matt Williams a shot against No. 18 Kansas this weekend.

Williams is a Tarleton State transfer student who won a month of free rent at the Tech/UMass game several weeks ago by kicking a 30-yard field goal. After his successful try, Williams was walking back to his seat when he was flagged down.

"They relayed a message to me saying that Coach [Mike] Leach wanted to talk to me," Williams told RedRaiderSports.com the next day. "He told me to come into his office on Tuesday and talk to him, and then Coach [Clay] McGuire told me to come and speak with him on Monday."

Initially, it was thought that Williams was ineligible this season due to transfer rules. However, according to McGuire - who heads up the Red Raiders' special teams unit, Williams has been cleared to play.

"That is the way I understand it, yeah," confirmed McGuire on Tuesday. "He's got a real good shot. Only Mike Leach could bring a guy out of the stands and make it work."

This wouldn't be the first time that Tech has relied on a non-scholarship kicker, although not quite under such unconventional circumstances.

"We have a tradition of walk-on kickers rising to the top," commented Leach after the UMass game. "[Robert] Treece and [Alex] Trlica both were walk-on kickers that eventually ended up getting to play significantly. We're always looking for guys. We're excited to see what [Williams]'s got to offer if he's interested."

What Williams offers, compared to Donnie Carona and Cory Fowler, is something that is absolutely necessary for PATs: trajectory.

"I've seen that guy try one kick," added Leach. "But the difference between his and the others is that they barely got off the ground. His got up right away."

Appreciate it! That is one thing I've really noticed since Les Miles has been at LSU, is we really play the whole game. I would love to see the number of comebacks we've had in the 4th quarter. Tommy Moffett, strength and conditioning coach, deserves as much or more of the credt actually.

The LSU Pimps are pretty obnoxious, but they don't mean any harm and don't usually bother anyone. They do that for one away game a year. Glad they were nice to ya'll. tried to find the official box score, but this is the best i could do real quick: Post Game article SC had like -13 rushing yards in the second half and only 42 yards total.

Again, great game and gald you had a good time. Think this 2:30 LSU UGA game should be a pretty good one!

Enjoy your off week, those are usually my favorite!

We had no problem with the pimps but I've heard differing stories about being in the stands with them. Of course, everyone says we have the worst fans, so who knows what to believe.

Good luck this weekend with the Dawgs. I think I'll have to root for LSU on this one.

We had no problem with the pimps but I've heard differing stories about being in the stands with them. Of course, everyone says we have the worst fans, so who knows what to believe.

Good luck this weekend with the Dawgs. I think I'll have to root for LSU on this one.

I think you can go to every SEC fan base and ask them and get a differing opinion on who the "worst" fans are. I have never had nothing but fun at the games I've gone to at other stadiums. Good buddy of mine went to the SC game and had a wonderful time!

Thanks for good luck vibes and for rooting for the good guys this weekend!

Well, only one day until the battle for the Paul Bunyan Trophy. Thanks to tUoOS beat down on Sparty last week, my family has not given me to much crap about the game. Hopefully the Michigan team that showed up for the 2nd half against Wisky will show up tomorrow for all four quarters. For some crazy reason, I have a good feeling about the game. My prediction, Michigan 27 MSU 23 and a quint w/ blue cheese, grilled onions, ketchup, mustard, mayo, and green olives on a onion roll w/ onion rings from Blimpy Burger for me. No matter what happens, I come out a winner.

Go Blue!!! Beat Sparty!!!

Well, the barners looked pretty bad again last night. I think people might start to realize that Tubbs is a pretty mediocre coach that has gotten by with some good (not great) team the last few years. I think now that Franklin is speaking out it is shedding even more light on the situation. It will be interesting to see what his fate will be. I just don't know who would want to come to Auburn to coach now that Saban is just a few hundred miles up the road in the same state.

Well, the barners looked pretty bad again last night. I think people might start to realize that Tubbs is a pretty mediocre coach that has gotten by with some good (not great) team the last few years. I think now that Franklin is speaking out it is shedding even more light on the situation. It will be interesting to see what his fate will be. I just don't know who would want to come to Auburn to coach now that Saban is just a few hundred miles up the road in the same state.

I liked what I saw from them in the first half (and by liked I mean hated as I was passionately rooting for the other team). They happened to get West Virginia in the game where WVU got their shit together and figured out to run their offense. Auburn is still a pretty solid team-- they lost three games by ten points-- I know the season's been a bit of a bust, but I have a feeling they'll either upset Georgia or Bama and finish either 8-5 or 9-4 after the bowl game.

Meanwhile, for the first time all year I feel pretty good after a Mountaineer game. If we can keep Pat White healthy this team and it's coaches might finally hit its stride.

--Mike