• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby Petrino is a douche. I don't think these coaches should be able to just leave their teams so easily. I mean, the guy signed a 10 year contract with Louisville last year then took off for Atlanta. He hasn't even been coach there for an entire season and now he's leaving for Arkansas. Ridiculous. Maybe he'll stay at Arkansas for many years, who knows, but if I were a recruit or a recruit's parents, I'd think twice before going to play for the guy.

Tebow only had more rushing TDs because instead of handing the ball to a RB, the gators just had Tebow run the ball in from 2 yards out. Not that impressive.

Sorry for going back a couple days, but I don't understand this line of reasoning. If three quarters of a running back's touchdowns come on short runs from inside the ten or five, do they not count/are his total numbers any less impressive? Are you saying they artificially inflated his numbers because he was a Heisman candidate? Did he score the touchdowns or didn't he?

Seems to me the Heisman is an award for the best college football player (i.e., the guy who plays the college game the best), not the guy who's projected to be the biggest NFL stud. Caveat: I have watched one college football game this year, so I obviously know what I'm talking about.

...the guy signed a 10 year contract with Louisville last year then took off for Atlanta. He hasn't even been coach there for an entire season and now he's leaving for Arkansas. Ridiculous.

I have to admit this was my initial reaction to the news also.

Neither is Michael Vick right now.

Except for one hour a day.

Good one. :thumbup

I can understand Atlanta shitting themselves, but really, can it get any worse? I was initially shocked, too, that Petrino made the jump so soon. I mean, not even a full year yet with the Falcons. Granted, he's dealt with enough BS in that short time that I don't blame him for hopping the first bus out of town, but still. I always figured he was a college coach at heart and would return at some point, but I guess I kind of figured it would be at least another couple years. Interesting.

What's the over/under on how long Petrino stays at Are-Kansas (as my buddy Les is prone to say) before he accepts the Michigan job?

HA...apparently Petrino's wife was looking at houses in Ann Arbor during the press conference.

Sooie...glad ya'll got a coach and hoping he stays. SEC W could become even more exciting if he's the offensive coach people say and not someone who just inherited a loaded squad in L'ville.

I know one thing for sure, he's got his work cut out for him on the recruiting trail with all the job hopping, pretty good ammo. None the less, I'm not sure if the Hogs could have done any better.

HA...apparently Petrino's wife was looking at houses in Ann Arbor during the press conference.

If that's the case, then there's no chance Petrino will bolt Arkansas for Ann Arbor. Housing prices up here suck -- even now.

I was going to make a negative comment about Petrino's constant jumping-around for better job offers, but then I took a glance at my own resume and realized I'm guilty of the same thing.

OMG, I'm a disingenuous drifter!!1!

AUTOMOBILE: You will be furnished with the personal use of two loaned automobiles of a quality -in terms of make and model -which are at least as good as those offered to our high school recruits.

Nice! :thumbup

* Note: this is not a dig specifically at Arkansas. I can recall more than a few suspiciously awesome vehicles belonging to players parked outside the dorms at OSU when I was there, so I'm an equal-opportunity joker. :lol

Anyone feel like applying to be Duke's head football coach?

This is too awesome--I'm definitely sending in a resume. Why not? I think I'm a perfect fit for Duke. Even if I fail miserably at my job, will they be able to tell a difference?

I shouldn't have told you guys about this--I'm just increasing the competition for the job!!

I'm afraid you may be too late.

Pfft. Pure speculation--no more substantial than all of those reports of Les Miles' "imminent" departure for Michigan. Probably they are using this guy as a smokescreen while they conduct negotiations with me behind the scenes. Just you watch, I guarantee this guy will suddenly refuse the job citing "family issues" and BAM--that job is mine!!!! :ninja