The Black Crowes

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had a long drive to fully digest this. so freakin' awesome. my morning song is fantastic. kinda wish miracle to me would've been on here too.

i saw an interview with chris where he talks about how they picked the song (he, sven & rich wrote their choices down, came together. they 80% of the same songs. which is weird)

i saw an interview with chris where he talks about how they picked the song (he, sven & rich wrote their choices down, came together. they 80% of the same songs. which is weird)

I thought it was the two brothers and Gorman.

oh yeah, maybe steve, not sven.

That sounds like a Sat. Night Live bit. :lol

I guess the three core members are most comfortable playing the 80% thus they all picked those songs. - Did they say which songs they were. I guess if they had liner notes we would know, though I do like the packaging.

Saw this on the Crowesbase forum - did anyone get it:

FREE Indie-Exclusive Black Crowes "Willin'"/"Boomer's Story" single on Clear Vinyl! FREE with the purchase of The Black Crowes new album "Croweology" on CD or Vinyl LP.

setlist:

crowesbase says 120 minutes. weird

ONE MIRROR TOO MANY

SOUL SINGING

MY MORNING SONG -> STARE IT COLD -> MY MORNING SONG

HOW MUCH FOR YOUR WINGS?

BRING ON BRING ON

WISER TIME

DESCENDING

JEALOUS AGAIN

THICK N THIN

TWICE AS HARD

- encore -

BEEN A LONG TIME (WAITING ON LOVE)

REMEDY

my morning song/stare it cold was awesome/weird. i think that setlist is quite awesome.

I picked up the CD at Target for $7.99 so I didn't get the clear vinyl. Twist and Shout in Denver was giving that away with a purchase of the album. I know I have a version of them doing "Willin" somewhere.

Wow, that set list is pretty good but 2 hours does seem a bit short for them. "One mirror too many" was one of the highlights when I saw them years ago.

Anyone know why they didnt originally release the Band album in 1997, and instead moved on to By Your Side? In my opinion Band is a much better record than BYS, and I would even go so far to say its one of the best records they ever recorded. I dont get why they didnt release it back in 97.

Anyone know why they didnt originally release the Band album in 1997, and instead moved on to By Your Side? In my opinion Band is a much better record than BYS, and I would even go so far to say its one of the best records they ever recorded. I dont get why they didnt release it back in 97.

crowebase has info on Band.

as far as the shows go, i thought they were supposed to be doing these mammoth shows with 1.5 hour acoustic sets and 2 hour electric sets.

crowebase has info on Band.

as far as the shows go, i thought they were supposed to be doing these mammoth shows with 1.5 hour acoustic sets and 2 hour electric sets.

depends on the venue actually. first night in milwaukee was but the last 2 were not.

I think it was a combo of:

1) Marc Ford's drug habit

2) Rich wanting Marc out of the band

3) The record company not wanting another druggy, mid-tempo album on the heels of TSOC

I like The Band a lot...some of the songs really stand out (Another Roadside Tragedy, Paint an 8, Lifevest), and I can listen to it just fine. But I could see how someone else would be put off by the lack of energy on a lot of the songs.

I seem to recall them trying to re-brand and re-image themselves during that time. It was about 97 or 98 that the Behind The Music came out, and that was coupled with By Your Side --- an attempt by the record company to turn them into 90's-era Aerosmith.

Although honestly, parts of By Your Side aren't bad. I fully enjoy 6 of the 11 songs on there. It's just that the other five are...not...good.

I always liked By Your Side, though I don't own the Tall/Band session Cd (I always borrow it) so I haven't listened to it as often as By Your Side.

I will be heading to the Chicago show. Looking forward to it. The Black Crowes has been a band I say I am going to see when the pass through town, but never do. Haven't seen them since 94.

I always liked By Your Side, though I don't own the Tall/Band session Cd (I always borrow it) so I haven't listened to it as often as By Your Side.

I will be heading to the Chicago show. Looking forward to it. The Black Crowes have been a band I say I am going to see when the pass through town, but never do. Haven't seen them since 94.

I don't think I have played that album more than a few times. In the latest web video, Chris talks about By Your Side.

I found this online the other day. Some of these songs are new to me.

The Black Crowes (2000) Tall As Can Be (1990-1999)

Disc 1

1. Kick The Devil Outta Me (1990)

2. You’re Such A Pity (1990)

3. You’re Wrong (1990)

4. You’re Wrong (Acoustic) (1991)

5. Miserable (1990)

6. Bruises And Pills (1991)

7. On That Hollow Day (1992)

8. Bewildered (1992)

9. The Fear Years (1992)

10. The Nowhere Stairs (1993)

11. Bitter Bitter You (1993)

12. Grinnin’ (1995)

Disc 2

1. Exit (1995)

2. Pastoral (1995)

3. Title Song (1996)

4. Name Like Music (1996)

5. Thunderstorm 6:54 PM (1996)

6. Nothing Love Everything (1996)

7. Spider In The Sugar Bowl (1997)

8. Spider In The Sugar Bowl (Acoustic) (1997)

9. If It Ever Stops Raining (1997)

10. Another Roadside Tragedy (1997)

11. My Heart’s Killing Me (1997)

12. Paint An 8 (1997)

13. Bled To Death (1999)

I think Welcome to the Goodtimes is about the only song I can recall from that album.

1. Go Faster

2. Kickin' My Heart Around

3. By Your Side

4. Horsehead

5. Only A Fool

6. Heavy

7. Welcome To The Good Times

8. Go Tell The Congregation

9. Diamond Ring

10. Then She Said My Name

11. Virtue And Vice

I was thinking, one thing you can say about the band, just like The Doors, all of their albums are a different trip.

I still prefer the Amorica period. I like the jamming side of the band.

i don't like heavy either.

i used welcome to the goodtimes during our wedding. still can't believe i talked my wife into having htat played after we said our vows/walked down the aisle. also had diamond ring on our wedding cd (cheesy i know, but i fit 2 crowes songs on that cd!)

virtue and vice is a kick ass song.