The Black Crowes

I think they sort of butcher Do Right Woman though. But - so did Gram Parsons. I always loved the very beginning, and then not so much after that.

I am grabbing the Milwaukee show also:

Last night in Ohio:

is thorns progress just a jam?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and a drum/percussion deal.

okay, cool. i'm looking at these setlists and not recognizing a few of the tunes. are they playing a handful of covers or unreleased songs? also, i'm surprised they are not playing a lot of Before the Frost stuff. love all those songs.

Let It Be Gone is a song off the Grease Band album.

Cold Boy Smile is on the Brothers of a Feather live album.

Polly is a Dillard and Clark song.

Isn't It About Time is a Manassas song.

I am glad they at least choose some cover songs that one does not hear all the time.

Let It Be Gone is a song off the Grease Band album.

Cold Boy Smile is on the Brothers of a Feather live album.

Polly is a Dillard and Clark song.

Isn't It About Time is a Manassas song.

I am glad they at least choose some cover songs that one does not hear all the time.

okay, very cool. thanks for the info. i know the manassas song, i just thought it was a crowes song with the same title.

Crowes played in Denver last night but I had to miss it:

Set 1 - Acoustic

Sould Singing

Hotel Illnes

Last place that love lives

Ballad in Urgency

Wiser Time

She

Under a mountain

Whoa Mule

My morning song

She Talks to Angels

Set 2 - Electric

Remedy

Seeing Things

Jealous Again

Thorns Progress

Thorn in my pride

Oh sweet nuthin

hi Head Blues

Sometimes Salvation

Only Halfway to everywhere

No speak no slave

Encore:

Title Song

Hot Burrito #2

I heard they did feathers a few nights ago.

They played it in Indianapolis on the 25th. No source as appeared yet though. I just grabbed the Milwaukee show. Chris stopped to make a speech about people talking during the acoustic set.

They played it in Indianapolis on the 25th. No source as appeared yet though. I just grabbed the Milwaukee show. Chris stopped to make a speech about people talking during the acoustic set.

He did the same thing in St. Louis. I caught Tweedy down there on Sunday, I should have planned better and caught the Crowes on Friday. Another nice recording.

The Black Crowes

August 27, 2010 (FRI)

The Pageant

St. Louis, MO

Source: AT853> V2> DR-07 (@ 24/48)

Recorded, prepped and shared by Scott T.

Set One (81 minutes)

01 crowd

02 Soul Singing

03 Downtown Money Waster

04 Fork In The River

05 Ballad in Urgency

06 Wiser Time

07 Oh Sister (Bob Dylan)

08 Good Friday

09 What Is Home

10 Thunderstorm

11 Chris rants about talkers

12 My Morning Song

13 Sister Luck

Set Two (83 minutes)

14 Feelin' Alright (Traffic/Joe Cocker)

15 Jealous Again

16 A Conspiracy

17 Exit

18 Thorn In My Pride>

19 drums>

20 Thorn In My Pride

21 A Train Still Makes A Lonely Sound

22 High Head Blues

23 Oh! Sweet Nuthin' (Velvet Underground)

24 Remedy

25 E: Movin' On Down The Line

26 Boomer's Story (traditional/Ry Cooder)

holy shit! two 80+ minute sets...can't wait till the 15th...

i just got my hands on "live at the greek" and chris really does a good job as a stand in for robert plant. the stretch from ten years gone --> in my time of dying --> your time is gonna come is strong!

I should have posted this before:

BC Tour Blog

Well folks here's the show of the tour so far. Pretty much unanimous from coast to coast. Where to begin? We'll start with the decision to prohibit cameras, even those on cell phones, from being used during the show. We've been telling you the crackdown was coming, and here it came. They were on it Wednesday night in Indy too. Draw your own conclusions as to why.

The Chicago crowd seemed to be taking a lot of pictures. But I must admit, while being some the most drunk and esp. stoned fans that I have been around in a long, long time, the crowd was great. They only conversations I heard around me was regarding the show itself, like "what a awesome solo, man" and "that was great, man." I kinda think I was the only one who was sitting in the location that was on my ticket. Everyone seemed to be going from seat to seat. It was a pretty much a free for all.

I forgot to mention that the person behind the BC Blog may be someone who works for the band, or even Steve himself. In today's post there is a backstage photo, so it must be someone who at least works for the band.

I forgot to mention that the person behind the BC Blog may be someone who works for the band, or even Steve himself. In today's post there is a backstage photo, so it must be someone who at least works for the band.

I read that it was Steve, but then again I have read that it was other people; regardless some of it is pretty funny.

BC Tour Blog

You may ask, "Hey man, why start a Crowes tour blog when there are four messageboards we already spend way too much time on as it is?" My response to that would be "Get off my back you freak." Hey, just kidding. We're all friends here. This is just something else for all you weirdos to read and look at during the tour.

I saw this posted on the Crowesbase message board:

Originally Posted by MEB

I have no idea who is behind the tour blog but I can assure you that it's not me (in Boston) or Steve (on tour) or Brandon (in Nashville). Brandon's absence is merely a function of how we record these things now that Steve's on the road and not at home.

That said, I hope you're enjoying the podcasts and if you are, please spread the word. (We just released #17 at stevegormansports.com with lots of quality tour talk).

Mitch