The Black Crowes

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody found or heard the CRB show from the Dec-2012 run in San Francisco, where Casal played  Garcia' s Wolf guitar - I haven't seen it pop up yet.

I believe it was the 12/12/12 show.

Below is the Jambase link - Casal got some flack for it by "deadicated" Garcia fans - which is a bit weird for me - their perspective was that Casal wasn't worthy of playing Jerry's guitar.

http://www.jambands.com/news/2012/12/13/neal-casal-plays-garcia-s-wolf-guitar-with-chris-robinson-brotherhood

But Ryan Adams was?

I just orederd both CRB cds the other day. Looking forward to that.

Has anybody found or heard the CRB show from the Dec-2012 run in San Francisco, where Casal played  Garcia' s Wolf guitar - I haven't seen it pop up yet.

I believe it was the 12/12/12 show.

I think you can buy the show from his website. If you go for that sort of thing.

I think you can buy the show from his website. If you go for that sort of thing.

I didn't see any of the San Fran. shows listed, yet.

I never did purchase a show from the web (including any of the Wilco releases) - I like the concept, perhaps one day I purchase one.

I wonder if that means he has plans for some sort of cd release. It could be there was no taping allowed. His shows seem to pop-up pretty quick on bt.etree.org. You already know that, of course.

I wonder if that means he has plans for some sort of cd release. It could be there was no taping allowed. His shows seem to pop-up pretty quick on bt.etree.org. You already know that, of course.

That's what I was thinking, too. Hopefully it won't be only a  $100 record only release of sorts.

• 4 weeks later...

Set list from lat night:

The Black Crowes

24 March 2013 - Manchester Academy - Manchester, England [ UK ]

JEALOUS AGAIN

THICK N THIN

HOTEL ILLNESS

MEDICATED GOO (Traffic) (1st time played)

SISTER LUCK

WISER TIME

SHE TALKS TO ANGELS

LAST PLACE THAT LOVE LIVES

WHOA MULE

MY MORNING SONG

HIGH HEAD BLUES

BY YOUR SIDE

THORN IN MY PRIDE

REMEDY

GOODBYE DAUGHTERS OF THE REVOLUTION

SOUL SINGING

- Encores -

DESCENDING

HARD TO HANDLE -> HUSH (Joe South - Deep Purple) (1st time played)

WILLIN’

show 2 setlist very similar. greatest hits. I love the hits, but I'm surprised they are going this route.Reminds me of the era when Audley replaced Marc. Those setlists didn't change much from show to show...

Sounds pretty good to me and I think they will switch it up give them a few shows.  Hard to judge anything after 1 show.

Fired up to see them in Orlando in around a month.

My sentiments exactly (but substitute St. Pete for Orlando in my case). 

I'm not a fanatic to the point of knowing every song, like I am with Wilco, so I will be pleased to get a similar set.

Sounds pretty good to me and I think they will switch it up give them a few shows.  Hard to judge anything after 1 show.

Fired up to see them in Orlando in around a month.

I gave them two shows! I do hope they keep switching it up. I know two shows doesn't tell the whole story, but I think we'll have a good idea after week 1 where this is going.

Listened to a few of the songs from 3/23 - it's okay - the only tune that stuck with me as really good was the Hard to Handle into Hush - it appeared the recording/sound got better as the show progressed.  By Your Side sounded good, too - always liked that tune.