The Black Crowes

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really enjoying Phosphorescent Harvest. I think the song writing is much more solid than the first two. Highlights: Beggar's Moon, Meanwhile in Gods...

Great listen straight through. 

I have not listened to it yet.

I noticed Rich is doing a lot of PR for his new album. I didn't post it - but there was a big article on Billboard the other day about his new album/tour.

Received it in mail yesterday and gave it one spin last night. Granted I was in and out of the room it was playing in and did not catch a decent chunk of it but was not blown away by anything. Though the fiancee was humming along to if as dinner was cooking....First and scattered impression.

I'm listening to this now. I guess he wanted to throw a curve ball with the music? Or maybe he has been listening to Beachwood Sparks.

The Crowes version of Tornado is much better than the take here. I wonder why he decided to redo that one?

I'd like to see him just do a solo acoustic album.

After listening - I should say about half of it.

(And for the record - I actually rather like Beachwood Sparks. I've never got into too many bands talked about on here - but those dudes I like.)

You will likely be disappointed in the vinyl - awful pressing - static, and surface noise.

Oddly enough, the 45 that comes with it sounds amazing.  It also comes with a download card for the digital version.

I sent mine back and received a new one that is slightly better but still not good.

It's too bad, because the packaging is great - 180 gram vinyl, gatefold cover, and both albums are cool, colored vinyl.

This is from the CRB FB page:

REGARDING "PHOSPHORESCENT HARVEST" VINYL ISSUES:

"Despite going through vinyl mastering and a rigorous test pressing procedure, vinyl is still a very 'manual' product and we have had an issue with the first press of "Phosphorescent Harvest". We are in the process of pressing a new run and will advise once it is complete. 

Anyone with issues, please return your copies to the original point of purchase. Should you have any further issues, please contact our administrator through Facebook and you will be provided with an e-mail address for further assistance. Sorry for any inconvenience."

• 2 weeks later...

http://vegas.brooklynbowl.com/calendar/

CRB is doing three nights at the Brooklyn Bowl in Las Vegas and the tix are only $8!

Rich Robinson is also doing two nights at the same venue a couple weeks later and both shows are FREE!

What is up with that?  Peter Shapiro feeling generous?  I absolutely loathe Las Vegas, especially what its become in the last 20 years, but I just might have to head up there to see Rich and his band.

I have not heard any of Marc's records. I listened to the new Rich album yesterday. I don't think I will buy it.

I thought it was ok (Rich's) - probably will get it  --- I don't think it sounds much different then his last solo effort. Still need to pick up CRB's latest.