NPR Survey

All Songs Considered is polling for best album of the year. Naturally SBS is on the list. The winners are to be announced December 20. I had forgotten it has been decent year for records, but SBS got my vote. :thumbup

And how the hell are the Paul McCartney and Shins albums on there?

Man, I thought the McCartney album was pretty solid. Not a top 5, but still. Pretty good. The Shins was really good, but kinda weak in a couple of the middle tracks. Gotta be a complete album to get my vote.

Damn, I forgot to write in Dinosaur Jr. - Beyond. I can't believe NPR doesn't have that on their list.

OK, so I just voted for a second time. Once from home, once from work -- that's fair, right?

For my second vote, Wilco didn't make the cut.

i was thinking about album of the year in the shower this morning (how weird...and dorky).

my favorites (in order):

1. Radiohead - In Rainbows

2. Iron & Wine - The Shepherd's Dog

3. Wilco - Sky Blue Sky

4. The White Stripes - Icky Thump

5. The Shins - Wincing The Night Away

6. Kanye West - Graduation

-justin

i thought you'd all appreciate my friends response to telling him to vote in this...

Fuck that, I'm not voting for anything to do with national big-time broadcast. Radio, as a media, is not democratic, so it doesn't matter what I vote or say; the results will turn out how they are meant to/programmed to, even though they include bands that you and i would consider not "mainstream." Really, we are a niche of music: the style we like is coordinated to fit out "interests," which in itself is chosen for us. I'm not voting for something that has already been decided for me, that's a waste of time. Although, I can say...

i wish i had smarter friends...

Also anyone who says this wasnt a good year for indie music look at that list!!!

Wilco - Sky Blue Sky

Iron & Wine - The Shepherd's Dog

Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha

Glen Hansard and Markea Irglova - Once (soundtrack)

and I don't remember the 5th, I forgot to write what I voted for down. or at least typed it before i submitted my form, so i could at least remember.

i thought you'd all appreciate my friends response to telling him to vote in this...

Fuck that, I'm not voting for anything to do with national big-time broadcast. Radio, as a media, is not democratic, so it doesn't matter what I vote or say; the results will turn out how they are meant to/programmed to, even though they include bands that you and i would consider not "mainstream." Really, we are a niche of music: the style we like is coordinated to fit out "interests," which in itself is chosen for us. I'm not voting for something that has already been decided for me, that's a waste of time. Although, I can say...

i wish i had smarter friends...

Also anyone who says this wasnt a good year for indie music look at that list!!!