ysi - 10 best songs of 2007 compilation

what do people think about the idea of having a ysi compilation get-together? but, this time it's about your 10 favourite songs of the year 2007. anyone think it's a good enough idea to go ahead with, and if so should it just be like the past ysi things, where we have a partner so at least 1 person listens to our stuff?

thoughts, and/or signatures welcome below . . .

current signatories:

Me

DAangerer09

MattZ

Welsh Rich

Muller

Tongue-Tied Lightning

Lizish

Kevin G

El Picador

mjpuczko

jhh4321

El Ron Huxtable

tongue-tied

Ol' Prospector

Solace

m-thomp

insideoutoflove

bobbob1313

samorama

a.miller

Mystik Spiral

stickman

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, personally have no access to torrent sites.

But I would be curious to at least see your lists.

I, personally have no access to torrent sites.

But I would be curious to at least see your lists.

It's not a torrent site. It's a site where you can upload files to. I just called it YSI because most people know www.yousendit.com, but most people don't even use that one now - rapidshare is a bit more popular. If you are blocked at work & don't have a home computer then there are a lot of similar file upload sites, which means you're unlikely to be blocked by all of them. You don't need any fancy software or that kind of thing, all you need to do is download or upload the file like you would if you were attaching something onto an email. Does that make any sense?

This is a great idea.

But perhaps we should give the other person who is our partner like a list of some of our favorite artists so we don't get a bunch of stuff we've heard already.

Count me in!

That's something I guess you could discuss with partners, once you get one. I'm not too bothered about the whole partner thing, but it does make it feel a bit more like you're making it for someone specific, rather than just uploading it for anyone and everyone.

I'll add names to the first post as people sign up.

perhaps we should give the other person who is our partner like a list of some of our favorite artists so we don't get a bunch of stuff we've heard already.

I don't want to speak for JAS Backpack, but to me that seems contrary to the whole idea, which is to pick your ten favorite songs of 2007. That shouldn't be subject to anyone else's tastes or collection, just yours. Just my $.02.

There are occasional YSI mix exchanges around here for which such tailoring of playlists is actually encouraged.

As for whether I'm "in" ... I'll post my ten if I get a chance, but don't pair me up with anyone. I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet, so I have no idea if I'll find the time.

As for whether I'm "in" ... I'll post my ten if I get a chance, but don't pair me up with anyone. I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet, so I have no idea if I'll find the time.

This could've been handled in a non-post.

I'm not in.

Alright - the rules are:

01 You must pick your 10 favourite songs from the year (they don't have to be from your 10 favourite albums, just your 10 favourite songs - so, for instance, you might have thought the last white stripes album was total feltch, but for some weird reason you couldn't get 'conquest' out of your noggin for well over a month - thus making it eligible for your mix . . . Then you must upload the finished mix to a file sharing site and send your partner (who i will partner you with next week) the link, and then you can post it in this thread too for others to hear - afterwhich time your partner should comment on what they thought of your effort. The entry date will end on this coming Tuesday (and then I'll give you your partners) and then you can have up till 31st December (if you really need that long) to make your mix and send it to your partner.

02 There must be only 1 very long rule . . . shit, too late!

Aww hell, here's my list, at least (in no order):

King Khan & The Shrines - "Cosmic Serenade"

Jason Isbell - "Dress Blues"

Martin Newell - "Stella & Charlie Got Married"

Tom Z

weird, i have a tim armstrong song on mine. thought i was the only other person who listened to tha album

I've only heard a couple of songs here:

www.iacmusic.com/timarmstrong

But have yet to buy the album. It is certainly on my To-Purchase queue, however. Everything on that page is top-notch.