Grammy Nominations

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce or Fogerty will win. if Daughtrey wins someone should shoot in him the face.

nah, just do it anyway.

and yeah, that Plain White T's song is so so awful

I'm trying hard not to defend a song I know I should hate.

From WilcoWorld:

Wilco's Sky Blue Sky has been nominated for a Grammy Award in the category of Best Rock Album. This marks the fourth time Wilco has received a Grammy nomination and also the fourth different category. "A Ghost is Born" (2004) won Grammy Awards for Best Alternative Rock Album and Best Recording Package. "Mermaid Avenue" (1998) was nominated for Best Contemporary Folk Recording.

No, I think those are two unrelated gripes, people complaining about the Foo Fighters being nominated, and people complaining about the Delilah thing.

Not that I have any idea about what the kids are listening to these days.

Interesting that AGIB won the Grammy in 04 for Alternative album, while SBS is nominated in the Rock category. I guess it's some kind of recognition by the academy that SBS is...what? More mainstream? Less "edgy"? Does Alternative turn into Rock when it grows up? It's all very ironic given that AGIB "rocks" way harder than SBS.

i'm not. the grammy's are the cleveland of award shows anyway, so i don't care if they win or not.

Wrong...they're the Texas Rangers of awards shows...betcha Springsteen will win one.

Interesting that AGIB won the Grammy in 04 for Alternative album, while SBS is nominated in the Rock category. I guess it's some kind of recognition by the academy that SBS is...what? More mainstream? Less "edgy"? Does Alternative turn into Rock when it grows up? It's all very ironic given that AGIB "rocks" way harder than SBS.

Good point! :thumbup That's a thread topic right there.

I didn't know what the American Idol guy was, so I went to listen on the myspace page. I think it might be worse than Nickelback.

I have never heard the Daughtry guy, but I can't think of anything worse than Nickleback. Maybe Hootie and the Blowfish. At least Hootie had the common courtesy to fall off of the face of the earth.

All I have to say is good for them. I remember when they won the Grammy for AGIB (they played a show in Alabama of all places that evening) and it's about time they get recognized. Lord knows they have put in enough hard work to get where they are at today.

It would be a hugh accomplishment to beat out the boss but (call me crazy) I think they can do it! SBS is a great album that still gives me chills today.

megan