wtf!!!!!!!!

Are you surprised? I've never been able to get tickets through the Wilco ticketing service. Even if you get in immediately, there are no tickets available. It's kind of a BS system that allows the band to say that they offer their fans tickets prior to the public sale. I love these guys, but the system is broken. All that being said, I've never not gotten tickets to a show, so we'll just score them in the public sale.

- Cynical Philly Fan

this is the first time i've ever gotten shut out in a presale and usually get VERY good seats in the presale. i guess it all depends on the venue and what they are able to make available. the one thing i give wilco a thumbs up for is that they don't release the entire venue in presale. Bob Dylan and Neil Young both do this and the shows sell out before the tickets actually technically go on sale, making it very difficult to have any chance of getting tickets if you have a meeting or some other non-fun thing to take care of during the presale.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's hopeless? Did they really sell these presales out this quickly? Seems impossible.

Sure. If the venue holds 4,000 people, and they release 400 tickets for pre-sale, that means only 200 people get tickets (assuming that they put in for 2 tickets). That's not a lot.

it seems impossible that they would sell out within seconds

I'm not sure how the system actually works, but if the transaction isn't completed within a certain amount of time, the tickets that were "locked" by the first person attempting to purchase them are released back into the pool. In all likelihood, the VERY limited amount of tickets were locked in very very quickly. If credit transactions don't go through successfully, or if people mistype their info... those tickets would be relinquished back to the pool.

As Isadorah mentioned earlier... it's a good thing they don't put the whole venue on pre-sale, like Young and Zimmy do.

I have had a mixed bag of results with MusicToday. Some good tickets, others not so much.

cheers,

b.s.

Tower Theatre tickets are now completely gone! I think the scalpers have finally figured out that wilco tickets might have re-sale value. For a long time it seemed like it was just us trying for tickets....I could usually get something within the first few minutes....now, if you don't pull up a pair of tickets at 10:00:01, you're SOL. It sucks.

Like most things in Philly, the Tower is a crooked venue. I've never had success in any pre-sales for the Tower. Best venue in Philly (Neil Young rocked the place over the weekend, while Jonathan Demme was filming something), but the people that run the Tower are thieves - they pull tickets out and sell them to brokers, who kick back a percentage of the grossed-up sale price. We'll all get tix in the public sale.

Like most things in Philly, the Tower is a crooked venue. I've never had success in any pre-sales for the Tower. Best venue in Philly (Neil Young rocked the place over the weekend, while Jonathan Demme was filming something), but the people that run the Tower are thieves - they pull tickets out and sell them to brokers, who kick back a percentage of the grossed-up sale price. We'll all get tix in the public sale.

Is that a Clear Channel venue? I've read they do that now with all their venues and "auction" off the tickets at a later time (i.e. scalp them).

Tower Theatre tickets are now completely gone! I think the scalpers have finally figured out that wilco tickets might have re-sale value. For a long time it seemed like it was just us trying for tickets....I could usually get something within the first few minutes....now, if you don't pull up a pair of tickets at 10:00:01, you're SOL. It sucks.

no, 10% of those tickets are gone. nobody is SOL. relax.