wtf!!!!!!!!

is there a password for the public sale? should i create an account with ticketmaster?

Yep, go ahead and go to ticketmaster and get an account created. Like I said, you can still get good seats through public sale. When they go on sale, put in how many tickets you want. If you're not happy with the first seats that show up, just try again.. I did that about 5 times for the Charlotte show and landed 2nd row seats.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

trying to be a voice of reason, while not panicking myself,

kevin

Same here. I'm rolling my eyes at the panic while my own palms are sweating.

I probably won't get my Ryman tickets for being a a self-righteous hypocrite.

anyone know the password for the ticketmaster presale that starts tomorrow, 12/13, at 10:00? It's some sort of Nokia Ticket Rush thing.

I'm wondering the same thing for Charleston.. On the ticket master site it says:

Internet Presale Info

Internet Presale:

Start:Thu, 12/13/07 10:00 AM EST

End:Sat, 12/15/07 10:00 AM EST

SHORELINE & EFM PRESENT

WILCO

WWW.WILCOWORLD.NET

N CHAS PERFORMING ARTS CT

FRI FEB 29 2008 8:00PM

It would help if it gave a little more info than that!

So funny...the same thing happened to me (I was all over the Nashville presale at exactly 11AM EST) and I got no tickets. I always have this feeling that I'm like the ONLY one out there at the time, like I'm the only one who is able to set his Blackberry or Outlook calendar with a pop-up reminder about buying the tickets. I feel the same way at the end of an eBay auctions when only seconds remain! ;)

No worries, I'm sure we'll be able to get tickets. Good luck to everyone. :thumbup

PS - FWIW, I sent an e-mail to Music Today asking about the ticket situation...hey, it doesn't cost anything, right? Here's what they said:

Me: I am trying to get some presale tickets to the 3/2 Nashville show and while I was online at the exact time that they went onsale, I'm not having any luck whatsoever at finding 2 tickets. Approximately how many tickets were available for the presale?

Them: High demand events sometimes create a temporary unavailability of tickets. Other ticket buyers are trying to purchase tickets too, and are holding the available tickets in their shopping basket. Other ticket buyers may decide not to purchase the tickets they are holding or their credit cards may be declined, and these tickets may become available.

If you receive the message stating there are no longer tickets available to fill your request, please try again and follow the steps indicated: 1) request a lower quantity of tickets, 2) request a different ticket type, and/or 3) request tickets for another ticket price. If you are still unsuccessful after 10 minutes, log back on to the website 1 hour later to check for ticket availability. Tickets may still be available unless you reach a message that states either, “Tickets are no longer available through this online outlet. Please contact the box office or promoter for other available ticket outlets,” OR, “Tickets are Sold Out.”

At this point, you should contact the venue to see if tickets are on sale anywhere else.

I was annoyed this morning, but I've gotten over it already. I'll try again Saturday for Philly tickets, and I'm sure I'll get something. While I'd like to be right in front of Nels, I know the show will still sound as good from farther back, and who knows, with the Ticketmaster mojo I've had the last few years, I might just get lucky and pull up a good seat in the regular sale.

And if I get shut out again, it's not the end of the world. I've seen Wilco before and I have faith I'll see them again, hopefully in '08. I'll resist a corny reference to Either Way and get back to eating my lunch now.

I was annoyed this morning, but I've gotten over it already. I'll try again Saturday for Philly tickets, and I'm sure I'll get something. While I'd like to be right in front of Nels, I know the show will still sound as good from farther back, and who knows, with the Ticketmaster mojo I've had the last few years, I might just get lucky and pull up a good seat in the regular sale.

And if I get shut out again, it's not the end of the world. I've seen Wilco before and I have faith I'll see them again, hopefully in '08. I'll resist a corny reference to Either Way and get back to eating my lunch now.

That's my plan.. To try Saturday at 10 AM sharp.. Thats what I did last time, and got 2nd row. Still a little puzzled by the whole "Internet Presale starts tomorrow 12/13 at 10 AM" message on the ticketmaster site.. Guess I'll check the ticketmaster site tomorrow at that time, but it's still a little confusing.

Does anyone know what the friday tickets.com presale password will be for new haven? I tried to get tickets via musictoday but first it said they were available but wouldn't sell me two.. then it said they were still available but wouldn't sell me one.. then they said it was sold out. very frustrating but now wilcoworld says the presale is friday so maybe there never were any musictoday tickets..

Patience is a virtue, Kids...I just got 2 tickets for Nashville:

SEAT ASSIGNMENTS

date event section row seat

3/2/2008 8:00:00 PM Wilco SECTION 11 D 5, 6

KEEP TRYING!!!

My tickets are in section 11 as well but this is a balcony section. I def. selected orchestra seating. Did you have the same problem?

Does anyone remember the good ole days when we stood in line at the local record store ticket hub and whoever was in the respective lines first got the best tickets? There were no presales or internet sales...

I'm waxing nostalgic here... :twitchsmile

Does anyone remember the good ole days when we stood in line at the local record store ticket hub and whoever was in the respective lines first got the best tickets? There were no presales or internet sales...

good old Ticketron!!!

You know, I've been so "technologyfied" I completely forgot about those days.. With all of the shenanigans we have gone through with this internet sale crap, standing in line sounds pretty damn good right now..

My tickets are in section 11 as well but this is a balcony section. I def. selected orchestra seating. Did you have the same problem?

Ya know, I think I did, but I'm not sure...I kept alternating between the balcony and the orchestra to see if that changed anything, ticket-wise.