wtf!!!!!!!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone remember the good ole days when we stood in line at the local record store ticket hub and whoever was in the respective lines first got the best tickets? There were no presales or internet sales...

I'm waxing nostalgic here... :twitchsmile

:yes , after going to a Jack & Jill shower in NH one night, we rushed back to MA to change and got in line at 3am for the Eagles 'Hell Freezes Over' Tour. Don't rip on my taste back then, I was a kid...lol I'm just SAYIN'...

EDIT: And yet, we still ended up with last row under the covered part of the amphitheater :hmm

Does anyone know what the friday tickets.com presale password will be for new haven? I tried to get tickets via musictoday but first it said they were available but wouldn't sell me two.. then it said they were still available but wouldn't sell me one.. then they said it was sold out. very frustrating but now wilcoworld says the presale is friday so maybe there never were any musictoday tickets..

I did get New Haven tickets this morning, so they were definitely out there. Good luck with the regular on-sales this weekend; I know that the Schubert does a pre-sale for their "Advance Buyers Club," but I'm on their email list and haven't seen any mention of a presale for the general public...

That's my plan.. To try Saturday at 10 AM sharp.. Thats what I did last time, and got 2nd row. Still a little puzzled by the whole "Internet Presale starts tomorrow 12/13 at 10 AM" message on the ticketmaster site.. Guess I'll check the ticketmaster site tomorrow at that time, but it's still a little confusing.

That's weird, because the last time I looked it just showed tickets going onsale Saturday. The other two times I've seen Wilco it's been with friends who brought kids, so we just spread out a blanket in the grass in the back (not that there's a bad spot at the Pines, but we were still far back). I'd really like the chance to get down closer, especially if I'm going to make an almost four hour trip. I figured it would be tough to get tickets since this is the first time they've been in Philly for awhile, but I didn't expect it to be this tough. We'll see what happens!

That's weird, because the last time I looked it just showed tickets going onsale Saturday. The other two times I've seen Wilco it's been with friends who brought kids, so we just spread out a blanket in the grass in the back (not that there's a bad spot at the Pines, but we were still far back). I'd really like the chance to get down closer, especially if I'm going to make an almost four hour trip. I figured it would be tough to get tickets since this is the first time they've been in Philly for awhile, but I didn't expect it to be this tough. We'll see what happens!

Sorry, I was talking about the Charleston show.. Didn't mean to confuse. On the ticketmaster site for Charleston show, it says internet presale happens tomorrow 12/13 at 10.. But that's It.. Since theres no other info, I assume they will go onsale tomorrow at 10, but just through the ticketmaster site?? They should be more clear on that.. A little confusing..

:yes , after going to a Jack & Jill shower in NH one night, we rushed back to MA to change and got in line at 3am for the Eagles 'Hell Freezes Over' Tour. Don't rip on my taste back then, I was a kid...lol I'm just SAYIN'...

EDIT: And yet, we still ended up with last row under the covered part of the amphitheater :hmm

Exactly what is a Jack & Jill shower? Is it kinky?

Exactly what is a Jack & Jill shower? Is it kinky?

If you go by Gary's definition, yes, it is...just click on his link there.

But the one I ATTENDED was...a party for those about to be wed; sometimes called a stag & doe (its like a shower, except that only women are invited to a shower)

Why is the New Haven show so popular? Everyone seems to want tickets for it, so I'm wondering.

I got my pre-sale tickets no problem today for the Des Moines show. The only bummer about that show is that its GA and that means I still have to show up at least an hour early if not earlier to get a decent place to stand since I'm short. Cause let's face it, there's nothing like a great show spent standing behind some tall guy. No offense to the lovely tall people! :thumbup I'm hoping to get some Chicago tix on Friday at the other pre-sale but we'll see. I'm not sure how many shows I'll be able to afford.

I was able to get Row E for the Charleston show, but was completely shut out of the Nashville and the Chicago 5 pack. I'm just keeping an eye out tomorrow morning through Saturday morning. The pre-sale info was a bit confusiing.

I thought the Iowa tickets were going on sale Friday??? Just saw that they were on sale and grabbed a ticket.

Pretty much ALL the shows went on pre-sale today. Don't know why they did that. Would have been nice to have more time to save up for the Chicago residency. Now I have to wait and see how much I will have after my paycheck is disbursed on Friday for other bills first! :mellow

orchestra center row A? wow. i was in the new haven ticket-buying process at 10:01, kept trying for at least half an hour, getting the same message most of the time (no more reserved seats available) and then "sold out" toward the end. it was a lot of fun, i wish i could start every day that way.

orchestra center row A? wow. i was in the new haven ticket-buying process at 10:01, kept trying for at least half an hour, getting the same message most of the time (no more reserved seats available) and then "sold out" toward the end. it was a lot of fun, i wish i could start every day that way.

Yep, it was hit or miss.. I had the same problem with Charleston. If I chose more than one ticket, it would say no tickets available. And then eventually I couldn't get any.. But I'm hoping I can still land some decent seats when they publically go on sale Sat. And I hope you can too. :thumbup

Yep, it was hit or miss.. I had the same problem with Charleston. If I chose more than one ticket, it would say no tickets available. And then eventually I couldn't get any.. But I'm hoping I can still land some decent seats when they publically go on sale Sat. And I hope you can too. :thumbup

thanks -- yah, i was trying for 1 ticket, so when it told me to enter a lower number, that didn't seem like a good idea!

there WAS a 0 (zero) option, which is pretty funny. it was reassuring to come here and find i wasn't the only one freaking out.

anyway, i'll try first thing saturday also. i hope you get good seats, too.

The Mrs. passed up row L on the Musictoday presale yesterday in the hopes of re-entering and scoring better seats. Alas she was shut out. She tried the Nokia presale this morning and we're in the front row center stage (WOO HOO) :rock . Merry Christmas to us. It pays to keep trying.

The Mrs. passed up row L on the Musictoday presale yesterday in the hopes of re-entering and scoring better seats. Alas she was shut out. She tried the Nokia presale this morning and we're in the front row center stage (WOO HOO) :rock . Merry Christmas to us. It pays to keep trying.

Glad you got tickets, but that's just BS the way they screw around like that. I mean, when they say "Best Available" I assume they mean it. Frankly, I'm happiest when it's just GA.

Glad you got tickets, but that's just BS the way they screw around like that. I mean, when they say "Best Available" I assume they mean it. Frankly, I'm happiest when it's just GA.

They are two different sales. "Best available" during the presale doesn't necessarily mean "best available seats in the arena." It means "best seats that are available during the presale and haven't already been reserved." It doesn't preclude other, better seats being held for the regular (or second pre-) sale.