Malkmus using Tweedy's place...

There's a mention of Wilco-relatedness in Stephen Malkmus' pitchfork interview from yesterday:

T.J. recorded Wilco's last album and the one before that, and he said we could go to Wilco's place and do the singing, which is a really generous offer; it was mainly Jeff Tweedy's place, but he's a really gracious, nice guy. He's like, "you guys can go in there, you're mature, you won't trash things." So we went there. So that was traveling to another place to sing because it was a free studio.

I am so mega-psyched about the new Jicks. It's going to rule so big time. :yes

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a thread around here somewhere in which some awesome VC'er posted several of the new songs played live in January. It's awesomeness times 10.

I have them on my computer, at home. I could post them tonight, unless somebody beats me to it.

Didn't Malkmus use Damon Albarn's place, then screw his girlfriend, prompting and inspiring Blur's 13 album?

All rumour, of course, but a pretty persistent one.

In other words, damn.

Didn't Malkmus use Damon Albarn's place, then screw his girlfriend, prompting and inspiring Blur's 13 album?

All rumour, of course, but a pretty persistent one.

In other words, damn.

I didn't realize that was supposed to be Justine (Elastica). Kinda funny, because she used to stand on their balcony and scream (f--k off!) at the girls throwing themselves at Damon...

Blur

Here are links to the files I downloaded from someone here before. I re-upped them to sendspace. Not sure if the song titles are right, they're just what the files I have are named.

From Jan. 20 2007 :rock

Real Emotional Trash

We can't help it

dragonfly pie

merry go round

baltimore

walk into a mirror

pennywhistle thunder

hopscotch willie

wicked wanda

I haven't listened to those in a while (at work now) but they are great tunes. I think this will be a really good album. I remember hearing the songs from his last album live before it came out and they didn't really do too much for me but the album was great. But these sound great live. I hope a massive tour ensues that includes Florida and results in some sort of live dvd. Then pavement will do a reunion tour.

Thanks for posting the article and track, guys.

Those are indeed some great tunes - weren't they posted on Aquarium Drunkard earlier this year?

According to the article, there's a tour in the works:

Pitchfork: That's just a couple dates, but you mentioned a full tour in March and April. Is that a U.S. tour?

SM: Yeah. We're playing in Chicago somewhere, maybe at the Ballroom place or something. [The Aragon? - ed] And we managed to not have Miller ads all over the thing. It was hard to pass up the free cash, but it's too gross to see all those ads. I don't know, it's just not right.

• 4 weeks later...