figured id through this out there, year is gonna be over soon hopefully someone will check out a new movie and love it plus im always looking for a film i might have missed.....

1-number 23

2-norbit

3...jk jk

real favs include:

gone baby gone (fav of the year, think mystic river but better if that is possible)

knocked up

zodiac

bourne ultimatum

Im really looking foward to seeing Juno, I'm Not There, and No Country For Old Men

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked:

Knocked Up

No Country For Old Men

The Darjeeling Limited

The Bourne Ultimatum

Hot Fuzz*

I'm Not There**

Looking forward to see:

Juno

Joe Strummer: The Future is Unwritten*

Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem

Blockbusters I saw that left me feeling all empty inside:

Spiderman 3

Pirates of the Carribean 3

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Transformers

(Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem)

*edited after being reminded by other posts

**edited after seeing the movie

I liked:

Knocked Up

No Country For Old Men

The Darjeeling Limited

The Bourne Ultimatum

Looking forward to see:

I'm Not There

Juno

Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem

Blockbusters I saw that left me feeling all empty inside:

Spiderman 3

Pirates of the Carribean 3

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Transformers

(Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem)

pirates 3 was a nightmare haha, i saw the 1st 2 and they were cool blockbusters that are fun to see on the big screen, the 3rd just got too crazy and made zero sense I dont have a clue how kids can comprehend the story

This thread has been moved from the random nonsense section to the random sense section.

I don't remember if I saw any good new movies this year. Oh yeah, I liked Southland Tales. Heh.

Honey, we never really go to or rent movies.....so, it's not that you don't remember. You didn't see any. :P (okay, that isn't 100% true - we did go to one movie - A Mighty Heart)

However, Pod People was a highlight of the year on VHS.

Not feeling the love for Superbad or Knocked Up.

I really liked the Joe Strummer documentary The Future is Unwritten. Um, I can't think of any other movies I saw in '07 that were actually released in '07. I'm waiting for the Simpsons movie to come out on DVD (Tuesday) and I want to see Juno and the Dylan bio.

Movies I really dug this year (at least so far), in alphabetical order:

American Gangster / Ridley Scott / USA

Away from Her / Sarah Polley / Canada

Black Book / Paul Verhoeven / Netherlands

Blame It on Fidel! / Julie Gavras / France

The Bourne Ultimatum / Paul Greengrass / USA

The Bubble / Eytan Fox / Israel

Deliver Us from Evil / Amy Berg / USA

Eastern Promises / David Cronenberg / USA

Gone Baby Gone / Ben Affleck / USA

The Host / Bong Joon-Ho / South Korea

Hot Fuzz / Edgar Wright / UK

I

i enjoyed knocked up, rob zombie's halloween and, while totally uncool, i actually had a blast watching transformers. i had more movies dissapoint me than i enjoyed this year.

didn't make it to the theatre to see darjeeling limited, but i'm sure that had i saw it, it'd be my favorite. netflix!

Juno (saw a pre screening, it was excellent)

Lives of Others (apparently '06 but I saw it on someone elses list and it blew me away so im adding it)

Superbad (moderately accurate description of my life in high school)

American Gangster

There's a few i havent seen that i would really like to that im sure would be up there (darjeeling, no country, im not there, savages, atonement)

Lives of Others (apparently '06 but I saw it on someone elses list and it blew me away so im adding it)

Since release dates vary from region to region, I always go with when a movie first became available in my area. Lives of Others, for example, was a 2006 release, but wasn't released in Milwaukee until later in 2007, so it's eligible for my 2007 list. Such are the vagaries of film distribution.

The same reasoning explains why I think Killer of Sheep qualifies for my 2007 considerations, even though it was first screened in 1977.

i saw the Assassination of Jesse James...the other day. excellent movie. the acting was incredible, especially Brad Pitt. i can see people complaining about the lengh and pace of it, but i found it pretty captivating. i would say that it is a close second behind No Country for Old Men for my favorite this year. the one movie that i am really looking forward to is There Will be Blood.

The Bourne Ulitmatum

Michael Clayton

No Country for Old Men

Knocked Up

Star Dust

(I have to work around what I can talk the wife into going to see...she walked out of NCfOM)

In an unrelated note...the NEW LINE CINEMA must be crapping in their pants at the poor box office numbers for THE GOLDEN COMPASS. Even the supposed bad press about the anti-religious theme hasn't generated any interest in this movie.

Down-Town, Toodles, All the young girls love...and I saw it last night. What a mess that movie was. Don't think we'll see parts II an III of this mess of a series.

Some I really enjoyed -

THERE WILL BE BLOOD

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

CONTROL

ATONEMENT

PERSEPOLIS

INTO THE WILD

ONCE

Before the Devil KNOWs you're Dead

The Diving Bell & The Butterfly

3:10 to Yuma

KING of Kong

ZODIAC (Both cuts)

Juno

DEEP WATER (technically 06') but I never saw it anywhere until 07'

Some I really enjoyed -

THERE WILL BE BLOOD

:w00t You've seen this already?

The New Yorker had a stunning review of it ... and they hate everything -- for praise to be so liberally heaped upon a film is quite odd in those pages.

THERE WILL BE BLOOD

ATONEMENT

PERSEPLOIS

Before the Devil KNOWs you're Dead

The Diving Bell & The Butterfly

Juno

That right there is pretty much my list of top viewing priorities as the year winds down.

I would like to see There Will Be Blood - though Graham is apprehensive. He says he doesn't know if he can stomach another film with a grimacing Daniel Day Lewis.

We saw a trailer for The Diving Bell and the Butterfly - it made me feel itchy.