figured id through this out there, year is gonna be over soon hopefully someone will check out a new movie and love it plus im always looking for a film i might have missed.....

1-number 23

2-norbit

3...jk jk

Downtown, all the young girls love..., and Toby dragged me to see this racist, homophobic, misoginistic piece of shit.

I was NOT amused.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess i'm a pisshead, but i couldn't handle that bad of a movie.

ROM was def worth seeing, it could have been shorter though, i just saw i am legend, uh 15 minutes ago hahah very good, thats what a "blockbuster" should be, if it was released over the summer it would have made billions and billions of dollars opening weekend. It seems like the type of movie everyone is gonna see

side note, I just witnessed a fight in Best BUy over the last blade runner case

one dude got to it first, the other guy went to snatch it, they shoved each other, dropped some f-bombs and then the geek squad showed up to clam them down.

wow.

I've only seen the Director's Cut. Are they all pretty different? I heard there was 5. Any ones perferred?

i saw the new Final cut in the theater, it has just a wee bit added, nothing that you really even catch, but the sound was amazing on it, so it's pretty much the director's cut with a little bit more, just a couple of minutes maybe total, but for sound its the superioir. There's the original work print, the origianl cut with the V.O., which was all we had for a bit, and is fun in a weird way. I'll take the new cut, mainly for the superior sound.

Does anyone know if there is a national release date for The Asassination of Jesse James....? I have looked all over the internets and can't seem to find anything.

i don't think it's getting one. it's intelligent and artistic. but it doesn't show shit blowing up every five minutes. translation = it won't make money

i rented it from my hotel room last week. my favorite movie of the year, next to No Country for Old Men.

I've been fighting a vicious case of the holiday blues, so I called in sick and went to see I'm Not There this afternoon. The story of Bob Dylan is American folklore, and Todd Haynes pulled it off brilliantly. Great soundtrack, too! :)

I guess they've all been mentioned now -- except We Own The Night. NOT the best film of the year, but quite enjoyable and the best film I saw in the theater this year. I'm a Joaquin fan.

Anybody else see Sweeney Todd today? WOW. So much fun, and such a gorgeous production. The photography and production design were truly spectacular, and the music was integrated almost seamlessly with the onscreen action. The first half hour was a bit tough for me to sit through at times - I am NOT a Sondheim/Broadway/whatever fan, and I admit it freely - but the film completely charmed me by about the midpoint. Probably Tim Burton's strongest movie since Ed Wood, no kidding. It's been a good year for directorial comebacks, between this and No Country for Old Men. Anybody have a chance to see Coppola's Youth Without Youth yet? I don't want to raise my expectations, but there's a pattern I see starting to emerge...

P.S., The older couple sitting in front of me during the matinee were audibly horrified by the violence. I didn't realize it was an R-rated movie 'til I exited the theatre, so I was a little surprised by the Kill Bill-topping arterial sprays.

Anybody else see Sweeney Todd today? WOW. So much fun, and such a gorgeous production. The photography and production design were truly spectacular, and the music was integrated almost seamlessly with the onscreen action. The first half hour was a bit tough for me to sit through at times - I am NOT a Sondheim/Broadway/whatever fan, and I admit it freely - but the film completely charmed me by about the midpoint. Probably Tim Burton's strongest movie since Ed Wood, no kidding. It's been a good year for directorial comebacks, between this and No Country for Old Men. Anybody have a chance to see Coppola's Youth Without Youth yet? I don't want to raise my expectations, but there's a pattern I see starting to emerge...

P.S., The older couple sitting in front of me during the matinee were audibly horrified by the violence. I didn't realize it was an R-rated movie 'til I exited the theatre, so I was a little surprised by the Kill Bill-topping arterial sprays.

I also saw Sweeney Todd today and I must say it was great. As a fan of the stage production, the movie did it justice. Depp's voice is chilling at times. The reviews were dead on in that it was an absolute bloodbath. Won't say much more on the plot, so I won't spoil it for anyone. Sacha Baron Cohen was great, along with Alan Rickman and Timothy Spall as vile as one can imagine. Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans will be pleased with a cameo by one of its former cast members.

Top Movies 2007 (Still a lot I want to see)

Once

Juno

Sweeney Todd

Bourne Ultimatum

Superbad

Knocked Up

The preview for the Daniel-Day Lewis movie about oil looks pretty sweet.

Very much looking forward to There Will Be Blood - Daniel Day-Lewis is always fantastic, and he picks his roles with care. Plus, it's a Paul Thomas Anderson film. But, alas, I don't see movies in the theatre, so it'll be a wait. And for that reason (DVD viewing only), I can't really come up with a top list for 2007 since I haven't seen all of the films for the year :ohwell

Anybody else see Sweeney Todd today? WOW. So much fun, and such a gorgeous production. The photography and production design were truly spectacular, and the music was integrated almost seamlessly with the onscreen action.

Thanks for the heads up Mr. Maker. I saw Sweeney Todd today and loved it. Most definitely near the top of my list. B)