Did anyone get tickets this morning?

Well, I got shut out of every single night. We tried the presale on Wednesday - no luck. Presale friday? Nope. I thought I would get two tickets to at least one night today, right? Well no.

I am curious how/if people got tickets today. Have I just lost my Ticketmaster touch?

I have a dear friend from college who is indeed (gasp) a ticket broker.

I've told him he has a shady job,but he makes great money and enjoys what he does.

Anyway, argue as much as you want about how shady he is or what horrible person he is, but my point of this post is that, he got shut out this morning trying to pull tickets for me.

this was the hardest ticket in years

I wanted 6 for me, my chick, and two other couples. The limit was four, so I went for that and had my buddy try to get the other two.

He gave up, but I managed to buy single tickets TWICE.

End result: I got my two tickets, but not together.

"Ok honey, enjoy the show in your section, see you in the lobby at setbreak. Text me

I tried on both pre-sales with no results. I wanted to get the 5-day pass for the Chicago winter residency. No luck there. Then I tried this morning and got nothing still. My entire family was on a different computer trying to refresh the pages, desperate for a ticket to any day. No luck for any of us. We even tried Ticketmaster on the phone. Zilch.

So I ended up going to StubHub, and got ripped off big time for a ticket to the Friday and Wednesday shows. Hopefully those will be the good ones.

I can't rant and vent enough when it comes to Ticketmaster. It makes me furious. Such an evil company.

Have to say..I found it interesting how hard it was to get tickets...during the pre-sales and the actual sale this morning. I am upset as to how many tickets are on ebay....oh thanks so much all you crazy brokers who jacked up prices and make it hard for all of us who have other bills to pay and want to badly go to a show as difficult as possible. Really really appreciate it. Although, I guess I shouldn't be surprised after all, they have been talking about this on Sound Opinions for a few weeks now. :ohwell

by the way..can't someone make all the Riviera topics into one..seems a bit silly to have numerous topics about the same shows that we all want to see. Or could someone add a listing of who wants what nights? And if anyone ends up having extras they know who wants what?