• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you could have lost the whole Hong Kong scene and certainly the Scarecrow scene and devoted more time to developing Harvey Dent's character.
No way! Those few minutes of Cillian Murphy were one of my favorite parts of the film!

Saw the film last weekend and must say it is damn good, well good for a film of this sort I suppose. Chicago/Gotham never looked so good. But let's be honest, a chase scene on lower Wacker is getting a bit stale. There are many films this has been done in, so maybe it is now time to retire this. I know people like it (driving it in real life can be an adventure too, just in case some of you have never done it...), but it is getting a bit tired.

In any event I enjoyed the fuck out of this movie. Even the irritating Batman growl, while I thought it was somewhat bizarre, wasn't that bad. Heath Ledger had better get an Oscar for this sucker.

LouieB

Saw the film last weekend and must say it is damn good, well good for a film of this sort I suppose. Chicago/Gotham never looked so good. But let's be honest, a chase scene on lower Wacker is getting a bit stale. There are many films this has been done in, so maybe it is now time to retire this. I know people like it (driving it in real life can be an adventure too, just in case some of you have never done it...), but it is getting a bit tired.

My least favorite part of the film, because the direction decisions placed it on the level of most standard action sequences. The only yawn of the film.

My least favorite part of the film, because the direction decisions placed it on the level of most standard action sequences. The only yawn of the film.

Other than the final scene with Two-Face and Gordon. Once the Joker story wrapped up, I just didn't care at all about Two-Face and Gordon and Gordon's family. The Dark Knight's brilliance is the Joker and his relationship with Batman. The rest, to me, was filler.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just didn't really like this movie. I thought I'd love it, but I didn't think it was a very good movie, in terms of the actual artistic value of the filmmaking. If that makes any sense. It was poorly cut, and that really put me off. Ledger was remarkable though. I will see this movie a few more times at least, solely for his stuff.

• 1 month later...

From Paste:

This is special. The mayor of a Turkish town called Batman said he will explore legal options to sue Christopher Nolan, director The Dark Knight and Batman Begins, for using the town's name.

It apparently took half a dozen films to awaken the town