• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I'm not actually as big a fan of the Dark Knight as most. I liked the first one more overall and were it not for Heath Ledger, I might have actively disliked Dark Knight. That said, what Nolan has done right with the relaunch is avoid the stunt casting of villains as they did in the previous Batman movies. If Nolan is still involved*, I can almost guarantee this is false. If Nolan isn't involved, Hollywood studio execs are even dumber than i thought... and that's saying something.

* Despite what the article says, I have heard Nolan hasn't agreed to do a third one yet (which makes me doubt this report further).

I was not excited when I heard about Heath Ledger, and that ended up working out very well. I wouldn't have a problem with Eddie Murphy, but there are few actors I dislike more than Shia....

Yeah not found of Shia.. In fact I dislike him almost as much Colin Farrell..

i'm indifferent about either actor having a part in the next movie. they have a lot of other things to worry about. like an editor. or a plot that doesn't involve

cell phone sonar

, or a better performance from christian bale (who i think is an amazing actor but was subpar in TDK).

i still contend that Ledger was really the only good thing about TDK, as others have suggested as well. i was quite disappointed with the movie.

i still contend that Ledger was really the only good thing about TDK, as others have suggested as well. i was quite disappointed with the movie.

I enjoyed it.. It wasn't earth shattering, but it was good.. It kept me entertained. I didn't like how

they kept making it seem like the movie was going to end. I think they did that 3 times? And for a movie that is supposed to make Batman more believable (like he could actually really exist) the whole big brother sonar thing was just dumb...

Ledger was awesome of course.. And yes, Christian's fake, deep, batman voice was just annoying... Since when did Batman take up smoking a pack of Lucky Strikes every day...

The voice thing didn't bother me as much as some. I can understand the need for Bruce Wayne to use a different voice as Batman. What bothered me about Bale's performance was

that a huge part of the drama hung on the reaction to Rachel's death. And, while Bale is normally a great actor, I little weight to his performance when the love of his life is killed.

Add to that totally contrived boat ultimatum, the sonar thing and the Hayden Christesen-like ease of Harvey's turn to evil and it left me flat.

It was entertaining -- and perhaps that's all you should ask of a Batman movie -- but it seemed it wanted to be more... it could have been more.

It was entertaining -- and perhaps that's all you should ask of a Batman movie -- but it seemed it wanted to be more... it could have been more.

Exactly, well said.

And I just figured out the cool spoiler thingy, so I just edited my previous post.. Sorry if I spoiled it for anyone already. ;)

The voice thing didn't bother me as much as some. I can understand the need for Bruce Wayne to use a different voice as Batman. What bothered me about Bale's performance was

that a huge part of the drama hung on the reaction to Rachel's death. And, while Bale is normally a great actor, I little weight to his performance when the love of his life is killed.

Add to that totally contrived boat ultimatum, the sonar thing and the Hayden Christesen-like ease of Harvey's turn to evil and it left me flat.

Harvey's turn should've been handled in another movie. there's way too much story there to cram it into the final 40 minutes of a film.

Nope, never seen it.. He just annoys me.. He's not a very good actor overall, and it seems like he tries too hard.. But that's my opinion.. I know lots of people who like him, including the misses.

In Bruges would probably work for you then. He's supposed to be annoying in that one. :lol

Nope, never seen it.. He just annoys me.. He's not a very good actor overall, and it seems like he tries too hard.. But that's my opinion.. I know lots of people who like him, including the misses.

i'm not a fan of his at all, but he's great in this role, the whole movie is great. probably my favorite film of '08

Harvey's turn should've been handled in another movie. there's way too much story there to cram it into the final 40 minutes of a film.

Oh wow. I TOTALLY agree with this.

I thought Dark Knight was "good"....nothing more. When Ledger was on screen, I was totally transfixed. But the Harvey character did nothing for me.

I agree with David Banda that the trasformation of Harvey came across as unreal....I didn't buy it.

And once we see the last of Joker in the movie, it needs to end. I had no desire or care to see what Harvey was up to.

To me, Iron Man was the best super-hero movie of 2008.

Interesting. I thought TDK was brilliant, if awkwardly paced, while Iron Man was just terrible. The wonderful cast was essentially sleepwalking through a by-the-numbers superhero script, the origin sequence was interminable for too many reasons to list, and the willing-suspension-of-disbelief factor surely has to be about equal to a Chuck Jones WB short in order for the thing to work.