Richard is becoming one of my favorite people.

He's intriguing, for sure. Can't wait to see what they do with him in the finale and next season.

Desmond is my favorite. If he dies, I am doing to cry my eyes out. I hate when TV makes me do that!

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we know the answer to who got out and who did not by the opening scenes of last night's episode. I thought that was the downside of the episode - all those shots of them walking off the place - or whatever. I did not know there was going to be a cover-up. I wonder if that will come back to haunt them and the airline at some point in the remaining seasons. The woman (Veronica Hamel) who is playing Jack's mother, use to be on Hill Street Blues (Joyce Davenport).

Actually we knew there was a cover-up from Kate's trial: Jack's testimony of how Kate pulled people from the water and cared for everyone, 8 people survived the crash, and so on.

I'm interested to see how the Oceanic 6 come together and make it off the island. Right now they're scattered all over the place: Kate and Sayid with Richard, Sun on the boat, Hurley with Locke, etc.

The woman who played the Oceanic spokeswoman who briefed them in the Coast Guard plane was Admiral Cain in (the new) Battlestar Galactica. :pirate

Although it's interesting, yesterday we learned that the cover-up seems to be the survivors' story and not one from Oceanic Air, since Jack told them "We all know the story" after Admiral Cain the spokeswoman left them and returned to her seat. It seemed like a private group consensus thing, not a "Ok we all know what Oceanic told us to say" thing.

I think there are going to be a lot of casualties in the finale. They seemed to be using music to foreshadow. Did anyone notice that? Or maybe another red herring?

I remember an interview with the producers saying the hardest part of condensing the story line due to the strike was the fact that they had geography to cover with the characters. How do they get everyone to where they need to be on the island in a timeframe that still seems realistic. I can see how that might present a problem and perhaps that was why they decided to make the finale two hours.

Nitpick: If we are to believe that Paik is the multinational powerhouse corporation they have made it out to be, that must have been one hell of a settlement Sun got. Like multi-billions settlements.

Nitpick: If we are to believe that Paik is the multinational powerhouse corporation they have made it out to be, that must have been one hell of a settlement Sun got. Like multi-billions settlements.

Agreed. I thought that was kind of a weak storyline. If she's settled financially why not just expose the bastard for all the misdeeds he has authorized/directed--I realize this would be uber-disrespectful in their culture, etc., but Christ, buying a controlling interest in [the supposed equivalent] of GM after a plane crash settlement? pfft.

I definitely started to tear up during the scene when they step off the military plane and see their families. I am such a dork.

Nitpick - wouldn't Sun's doctor know, from the D.O.C., that her baby was conceived on the island? And if Jin didn't survive the plane crash, wouldn't people be wondering what the hell that was about?

Agreed. I thought that was kind of a weak storyline. If she's settled financially why not just expose the bastard for all the misdeeds he has authorized/directed--I realize this would be uber-disrespectful in their culture, etc., but Christ, buying a controlling interest in [the supposed equivalent] of GM after a plane crash settlement? pfft.

Could Widmark have helped Sun foot the bill?

Since Hurley gave Ben half a candy bar, Ben must entertain all of Hurley's questions. This must be another law of the Island. So in a couple weeks I'm expecting a ship to blow to smithereens, a shootout, some sort of purple-sky causing island-transporting craziness, and at least three characters to bite the dust.

Nitpick - wouldn't Sun's doctor know, from the D.O.C., that her baby was conceived on the island? And if Jin didn't survive the plane crash, wouldn't people be wondering what the hell that was about?

i was thinking the same thing...same goes for "kate's baby"..i felt like that reporter was out to get her, but he didnt end up exposing anyone/anything..

i was a little frustrated with the miscommunication with people getting on/off the island....if a raft full of people show up at the boat saying they had to get off the island in a hurry, why on earth would desmond's first thought be to take the freighter to the island? dumb dumb dumb

also, that shot with faraday in that little raft heading out into the big big ocean along with that music playing behind it (not to mention his oh so enthusiastic wave back at the boat as he drove away)....seemed a little gloomy to me. could be a red herring but my first thought was that he wasnt gonna make the trip

I reckon Locke and Jack meet up post-island in the finale and Locke is the character that bites the dust. At least I hope it's Locke and not Desmond. They already killed Charlie, Claire looks hopeless, and if Desmond is gone ... :angry

Maybe Hurley helped Sun... I kind of got the feeling that there was something funny going on during that flashforward.

Who called that they get off day 108??? ME!

It was cool to see the numbers appear in the show again. Until seeing them on the odometer in Hurley's flashy new ride, I hadn't heard a thing about them since the days of punching them into the computer in the hatch. For me, the numbers were always one of the most intriguing aspects of the show.

BTW -- I heard that a major character is going to die in the finale. My money is on 1) Desmond 2) Locke 3) Sawyer

Yeah. This is a definite poll. In fact there could be two polls:

1) Who dies in the season finale?

and

2) Who is in the coffin?

The same answer could apply to both.

Here's my two cents:

1) Desmond

and

2) Ben (or Walt, because the coffin looked kinda small)

That's assuming that Claire's already popped her clogs.

Might be crazy, but I still think it's Locke, he has no one off the island

If it is Locke, then I reckon that he won't actually be 'dead', but one of those strangely immortal types like Richard, Claire and Christian. There's something about Locke which says to me he belongs on the island - we've already seen that bullets and paralysis don't do shit to him when he's there.