• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty resigned to the idea that many of these mysteries will never be explained, or at least never resolved to any real satisfaction. I liked the show Alias, also a JJ Abrams creation and that show centered on the prophecies of a Milo Rambaldi. Abrams is on record saying that the Rambaldi prophecies were merely intended as McGuffins. They did eventually resolve the mystery (probably due to the fact that fans demanded closure), but it was entirely unsatisfying and downright silly, IMO. Given that, I have been treating Lost, a far better show BTW, as something I should just enjoy the ride and prepare to not be blown away by a neat and tidy (and satisfying) ending.

I've long felt the Lost universe spiraled too big to wrap up, but I definitely think having a set amount of episodes left helps keep the writing on track: they're writing to an endpoint in a finite amount of time rather than shuffling mysteries to the fore- and backgrounds in hopes of dragging out viewership for an open-ended number of seasons.

Since the annoucement of three remaining 16-episode seasons last year (which was bobbled by the writers strike but when all is said and done will still be 48 episodes total,) the show has picked up the pace and gotten back on track from the mid-third season slump it experienced. Sure, there's the occassional bad episode (see: "The Other Woman,") but overall I do feel the writers are driving to an endpoint.

I also remember an interview where the producers said the remaining seasons' focuses are: how they get off the island (S4,) why they need to get back to the island (S5,) and if/how they get back to the island (S6.) So I could see a lot of mysteries from the first seasons that have fallen to the wayside coming back into play in the remaining seasons.

Casimir Effect

[from the Dark UFO Spoiler Forum]

Episode 1.01 - The Pilot - Object with Jack

Posted by DarkUFO at 1:42 PM (Comments: 110)

Labels: Ben, Jack, Locke, Pilot, The Orchid

Thanks to Forensic007 for the following.

I saw on one of the discussion boards that someone brought up the collapsible baton that Ben had when he teleported into the desert. He then used it to beat the snot out of the men who tried to overtake him. We see the baton again in the last episode when he hands it to Locke right before he goes marching up to The Orchid. He tells Locke, "Hang on to this for me," or something to that effect.

Anyway, someone mentioned possibly seeing this baton during the first few seconds of Pilot 1. I went back and re-watched it on-line in HD and took

a screencap. Sure enough, right after the camera pulls back from Jack's face you see a non-organic black cylindrical object to Jack's left.

Attached is a screencap I made of it.

Damn, who would remember something like that? I want more of the numbers. When is the season finale broadcast? We just had No Place like Home part one on the 19th. Four days after US broadcast?

I had a dream the other night of the season finale. My memories are a little vague, but all the conflict on the island is interrupted when a godzilla like creature surfaces from the ocean (it looked like it might be [partly?] robotic). Ben saves everybody by teleporting everybody to India, but Jack and Juliet return to confront the monster. Juliet seems to have some psychic connection with the beast. Jack kills the godzilla look-alike by tossing dynamite from the Black Rock into its mouth. This causes Juliet to lose her mind. I guess that's the cliffhanger.

Sorry if I spoiled anything.

huh. interesting, i hadnt quite placed things in that order but i guess i can see it. also, totally forgot about those old flash forwards where jack's lost it. its good to see all that stuff in one place, it helps a little bit

I had a dream the other night of the season finale. My memories are a little vague, but all the conflict on the island is interrupted when a godzilla like creature surfaces from the ocean (it looked like it might be [partly?] robotic). Ben saves everybody by teleporting everybody to India, but Jack and Juliet return to confront the monster. Juliet seems to have some psychic connection with the beast. Jack kills the godzilla look-alike by tossing dynamite from the Black Rock into its mouth. This causes Juliet to lose her mind. I guess that's the cliffhanger.

Sorry if I spoiled anything.

:lol awesome. damn, you have pretty coherent dreams

things i am looking foward to

1-Ben giving another "i wasnt being entirely truthful" line

2-Whitmore (or whidmore?) vs Ben standoff

3-Major character dying and throwing our world upside down

4-locke and ben better end up being brothers????