Our telecast got screwed up last night towards the beginning and apparently we missed the entire Walt/Hurley scene and Jack/Locke confrontation. It came back just as Locke was saying "if you lie to them as well as you lie to yourself..." or something like that. :( :angry

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our telecast got screwed up last night towards the beginning and apparently we missed the entire Walt/Hurley scene and Jack/Locke confrontation. It came back just as Locke was saying "if you lie to them as well as you lie to yourself..." or something like that. :( :angry

That blows!! But you can see what you missed and stream it from ABC!

Well, part of what you missed is, apparently, the original child actor who played Walt has been replaced by Malcolm Jamal Warner.

I thought that the flashforwards were perhaps some of the most forced and hurried flashforwards (temporal glimpses, what have you) I have ever seen in Lost. Although all of the glimpses shared a single theme, they felt really choppy, rushed, and disconnected. I like change and variations on the flashbacks/flashforwards such as The Constant and Ji Yeon. Confirmed Dead also falls victim to this horrible technique that attempts to cover all motivations of a unit. While we get a glimpse into why they share a goal and what motivates each, we don't get to understand or sympathize with these characters. It's like sprinkling proper nouns into a very vague sentence to instill some mystery into the direct object.

I didn't notice that, but I imagine they had to try and fit a lot into this last episode that probably would have been spaced out over a longer season had the writers' strike not happened.

I think I read that somewhere - now, we have to wait until January 2009 - I think.

I didn't notice that, but I imagine they had to try and fit a lot into this last episode that probably would have been spaced out over a longer season had the writers' strike not happened.

Even if that were the case, I guess I expect the writers not to care and just speed up the tempo of the present tense and cut back on some of parallels and focus on the main point, which I suppose focuses on the change of motives. I just felt the flashforwards lacked a certain focus that help develop characters and their relationships (i.e. congruence with Jeremy Bentham).

I think I read that somewhere - now, we have to wait until January 2009 - I think.

:( Man I am NOT looking forward to that wait.

Anyways, I finally got to watch it late last night. That was a really awesome episode. Anyone hear the comments made from the actor who played Michael? He doesn't like the way Lost treats black people.

I guess the main question now is: is Hurley crazy or was he actually playing chess with Mr. Eko?

Also: when Ben says they all have to go back does that mean Desmond, Lapidus, and Walt as well?

And and and and has Charlotte really been to the island before?

This is going to be a long summer + fall.

Did anyone notice that after the helicopter crash, there is a close-up of Jack on the raft saying "it's okay, we're alive"? In that close-up, it looks like it was filmed separately leading me to believe it was added in afterwards to specifically have someone say "we're alive." Significant?

Did anyone notice that after the helicopter crash, there is a close-up of Jack on the raft saying "it's okay, we're alive"? In that close-up, it looks like it was filmed separately leading me to believe it was added in afterwards to specifically have someone say "we're alive." Significant?

yeah, i was thinking about that "they're all actually dead" theory when he said that..

Guest Moses
Isn't there some red headed girl among the people in the episode that shows Ben and his father arriving at the island?

yeah, i think you might be on to something there...

i kind of got the feeling that we won't be seeing desmond again. or penny. or lupitas. that part just seemed over. i hope i'm wrong though, because aside from sawyer, desmond is my favorite character.

i am now really wanting to know what sawyer said to kate. i was hoping it was just something simple and sweet, like "i never cared about anything until i met you", but it did seem like he was giving her instructions to do something for him, probably in the real world.

my only nitpick - if i were in a helicopter that was out of fuel and going to crash into the ocean, there's no fucking way i'm staying in the damn thing. that was ridiculous.

i am now really wanting to know what sawyer said to kate. i was hoping it was just something simple and sweet, like "i never cared about anything until i met you", but it did seem like he was giving her instructions to do something for him, probably in the real world.

It's the only chance he would have had to ask her to do him the favor she does in the previous episode's flash forward, so he pretty much has to have given her the instructions then.

my only nitpick - if i were in a helicopter that was out of fuel and going to crash into the ocean, there's no fucking way i'm staying in the damn thing. that was ridiculous.

:lol

Probably better to stay in the helicopter and not have it fall on your head. Or do you somehow think you're going to defy physics and fall faster than the helicopter?

Guest Moses
Probably better to stay in the helicopter and not have it fall on your head. Or do you somehow think you're going to defy physics and fall faster than the helicopter?

i was just being nitpicky, you didn't have to prove me wrong - ass. :)

i kind of got the feeling that we won't be seeing desmond again. or penny. or lupitas. that part just seemed over. i hope i'm wrong though, because aside from sawyer, desmond is my favorite character.

No, Ben promised to kill Penny remember? And we still don't know why Desmond was in jail. I reckon they have more plot.

I'm fairly certain that Sawyer said something about his daughter to Kate. That's who Kate was talking to on the phone that one night when Jack was getting suspicious, not Sawyer's daughter but his babies mama, whom Kate also met in the past.

I would definitely stay in the helicopter as it went down, just so no one would be able to see that I crapped my pants out of fear. :lol

Finally caught up with this last night. I thought it was a fairly neat way of resolving quite a few issues out there. I think they've tied some of the unaswered stuff and it should let them go at the next two seasons with a fairly clean slate - although some of the bigger unexplained stuff (polar bears, smoke monster and the numbers can still be worked in without upsetting the plot now.

There were still some ridiculous things that you really had to work hard on to suspend disbelief, a helicopter crash out of which everyone survives, including a fairly new born baby. And the whole dismantling bomb, bullet proof vest and running low on fuel were fairly standard movie plot tactics/devices that you could kind of predict the outcome of.

That said, hats off to the writers, they at least acknowledged that Walt had aged and couldn't possibly get away with using as the younger version anymore.

I predicted Ben to be in the coffin, but that went out the window when the name Jeremy Bentham came up, that was a litle too obvious for it to be him.

What does everyone think that Sayid busted Hurley out of the mental home for?

And does anyone else think that if they get Locke back to the Island then he'll be resurrected again, just like JC?

I'm also sensing some bad blood between Sun and Jack which could well spill over to next season, she's turned into a hard-assed business woman and could well hook up with Widmore to make his life hell.

apparently sawyer says " i have a daughter in Albuquerque/Alabama, you need to find her, tell her im sorry"

My prediction is that the explanation of the numbers will be the very last thing we find out about in the series finale since they are what seem to tie everything in the Losties' universe together. So be sure to check back in this thread 3 or 4 years from now. :P

Just thinking some - Lock was "told" to the move the island, by Christian Shepard right? Not really Jacob. i was thinking, that might even be code, and Locke, again being the saddest character on the island, might have relayed a message to Ben without even knowing it. Ben's always got a plan, so. I knew there was no way anyone else could be in that coffin, Locke, doomed regardless, we'll see if he ever gets redemption.

Anyway, I'm just going back over and re-thinking things.

I've mentioned this before, but did you guys see the webisodes released in the weeks leading up to the season 4 premiere? The very last one fits before the opening shot of the pilot episode and supports the notion that Christian is a physical manifestation of the island's will and Vincent is a manifestation of the smoke monster.

Missing Pieces webisodes -- the one I'm referring to is called "So It Begins."

Things I Noticed - There's No Place Like Home by Vozzek69

In any case, watching Ben peer down upon that frozen pane of ice separating him from that chamber... you could tell he was passing a very important barrier. As he lowered himself in, it was as if he'd crossed over to the other side of the world. Crashing down through the ladder there was no going back. I was instantly reminded of an episode of Land of the Lost, where Holly was lowered through a similar hole on a rope. Further down, she passed a point where she could view their world, but reversed upside down. In that show the Land of the Lost turned out to be a closed universe, repeating back upon itself in all directions. Great show... this isn't the first time I've mentioned it because there are lots of similarities to LOST. That episode was entitled "Elsewhen".

And - Logan's Run - the movie, that is.

And - Kubla Khan (Samuel Taylor Coleridge)