• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And does anyone else think that if they get Locke back to the Island then he'll be resurrected again, just like JC?

Yes - in a way. Christian Shepard was brought to the island in a coffin - he has now apparently usurped Jacob, he's in Jacob's cabin and speaking for him. Locke will be brought back to the island in the coffin, and he will usurp Christian and become the new Jacob - whatever he is. I think that Jacob was also resurrected by the island - maybe he was on the Black Rock - and until 815 crashed, there was no threat to his power. Ben seemed disturbed that Jacob instructed them to move the island, he said something like "It's very dangerous" and later, while turning the wheel, "I hope you're happy, Jacob". But Locke did not talk to Jacob, Christian was the one who told him to move the island. I also noticed in the episode where Hurley stumbles on the cabin and looks through the window, he sees Christian (not Jacob) sitting there - suddenly Hurley sees an eye looking back at him, and after rewatching this scene, I'm pretty sure it's Locke's eye. I think this is a hint that we will see Locke inhabiting the cabin in future episodes. Charlie's warning to Jack (via Hurley) - "You're not supposed to raise him", I don't think refers to Aaron, but to Locke.

Also, when Walt said that he was visited by Jeremy Bentham, I think Locke was visiting him for the same purpose that Richard Alpert visited Locke as a child. Speading out certain objects and asking Walt which belong to him. There seems to be a pattern - Ben is important to the Others because he is an intermediary for Jacob. Now Jacob has lost power to Christian and Locke is the new intermediary (Ben tells Locke before he turns the wheel "(The Others) are ready, willing and able to tell you what they know and obey your every word"). Once Locke's body is brought back to the island, he will take Christian's place and Walt will be the new conduit - or maybe Aaron.

Or, I guess the Locke in the coffin could just be a clone - like the bunny from the original Orchid video.

I also think Desmond and Penny will return to the island and could be the bodies in the cave in Season 1. Ben tells Widmore that he is going to kill Penny, Widmore's reply is "You have to find her first". We know that the person who moves the island can "never come back", according to Ben, so the one place for Penny to be safe is the island. Didn't Penny first find the island when Desmond turned the failsafe key and the sky turned purple? I think that the island moved at that point - and there was a little bloop on the screen in Antarctica or wherever and Penny got a phone call? So maybe when Ben moves the island and the sky turns colors there's another bloop on the screen that locates the island. Anyway, however they find it, Desmond and Penny go back to the island and live in the caves.

I also noticed in the episode where Hurley stumbles on the cabin and looks through the window, he sees Christian (not Jacob) sitting there - suddenly Hurley sees an eye looking back at him, and after rewatching this scene, I'm pretty sure it's Locke's eye. I think this is a hint that we will see Locke inhabiting the cabin in future episodes. Charlie's warning to Jack (via Hurley) - "You're not supposed to raise him", I don't think refers to Aaron, but to Locke.

I haven't seen that since I first watched the episode but if you go back and look you could tell if it was Locke or not because his eyes are green; Jacob's are brown and Christian's are blue.

I also think Desmond and Penny will return to the island and could be the bodies in the cave in Season 1. Ben tells Widmore that he is going to kill Penny, Widmore's reply is "You have to find her first". We know that the person who moves the island can "never come back", according to Ben, so the one place for Penny to be safe is the island. Didn't Penny first find the island when Desmond turned the failsafe key and the sky turned purple? I think that the island moved at that point - and there was a little bloop on the screen in Antarctica or wherever and Penny got a phone call? So maybe when Ben moves the island and the sky turns colors there's another bloop on the screen that locates the island. Anyway, however they find it, Desmond and Penny go back to the island and live in the caves.

Wait so why are they dead when 815 crashes?

I think the whole relationship between Ben and Locke is very interesting. I get the impression that Ben is something of a charlatan, a very clever and persuasive charlatan. We don't actually know for sure whether Ben has actually seen Jacob. I get the feeling that Ben plays up to Jacob's myth, but was genuinely shocked and surprised that when Locke was first presented to Jacob, that Locke did actually see him.

I get the impression that Ben may have led Richard and the rest of the indestructibles a bit of a merry dance by claiming he's in contact with Jacob, and it's not like he's never lied before. However, I think the fact that Locke could see Jacob actually threatens Ben's position of power, as Locke can lay a true claim as being something of a chosen one that the Indestructibles seek. It's clear that in Locke, Jacob sees him as having something of the "right stuff", and this is what threatens Ben, with Locke having this power Ben may get found out as being a fraud. Hence Ben shooting Locke.

It may be Ben who brings down Locke away from the island, sees the error of his ways and has to get him back there.

Just my thoughts anyway. Could be me barking up the wrong bush.

Annie

While we knew that Miles was a ghost whisperer, it was only hinted at before that he could also perhaps read the minds of the living. When he first met Michael as the freighter crew was assembling, Miles said that he knew "Kevin Johnson" was lying about his name, and indicated that others on the ship had secrets, too. Now we see Miles confront Charlotte about all the time she spent trying to "get back" to the Island. Methinks Miles can do more than just talk to the dead...

[island Spawn] Which leads us to Charlotte. Between what Miles said and her comment to Daniel about looking for the place where she was born, the most obvious theory is that Charlotte was in fact born on the Island. Many of us suspected this before... in fact, here's what I wrote the first time we met Charlotte in "Confirmed Dead": "Others think that she is a descendant of Dharma members and used to live on the Island, and now is trying to get back ... When she splashed down into the water from her precarious position on a tree limb, she seemed not only happy to be alive, but also flat-out ecstatic to be on the Island. Like it was either a place she'd been trying to get to all of her life and couldn't believe she was finally there... or a place she had been to before, to which she was relieved to return."

I personally think that she is the daughter of Annie and Ben, and was whisked away from the Island (possibly by her mother) shortly after she was born. She would therefore have no actual memories of the Island, but it would explain her giddiness in the lake when she initially crash-landed. And if Ben only had the file on her from Michael's spy-work on the freighter, he would have no way of knowing her true identity (thus his attempt to shoot her early on).

[i hope we don't have a snotty English-accented daughter!] We KNOW that Annie has to come back into the picture somehow. I mean, they wouldn't have even had her as a character if she wasn't going to matter (and the producers have indicated as much). I think Annie is important because the Island never wanted Ben to have a life of his own. The Island wanted complete dedication from him. So my thoughts are that Ben fell in love with Annie, had a daughter with her, and then perhaps thought he lost that daughter. So he proceeded to take Alex for his own and became obsessed with figuring out how to stop pregnant women from dying on the Island.

But perhaps pregnant women started dying on the Island in the first place because of Ben... because he stopped devoting himself completely to the Island and got too wrapped up in Annie. As a punishment, the Island made it so that no one else could ever have children and Ben would have to bear the guilt of that situation. I wouldn't be surprised if Annie herself died in childbirth, but I think for now that's neither here nor there... in this episode our wheels were meant to get cranking on Charlotte's background.

And I definitely do NOT believe that Charlotte IS Annie, as I've read in a lot of posts on the message boards. I think that would be really silly and would be a much-too-complicated storyline to pull off. Not to mention being kind of gross (I do NOT want to ever see a Charlotte/Ben kiss?!?!).

Oh, and the collar around the polar bear skeleton that Charlotte found in Tunisia? That was most likely because the polar bears were once used to turn the wheel so that THEY would be banished instead of a human. Hence the bear remains in the middle of the desert.

huh. that's pretty good.

Ben does not look old enough so have an adult daughter who appears to be in her late 20s or early 30th. He barely looked old enough to be Alex's father.

I'm pretty sure that Miles knew Michael was lying because Michael was being haunted by the ghost of Libby.

• 4 months later...