Breedlove Jeff Tweedy Limited Edition Guitar

Not sure if this has been discussed, but I noticed that Breedlove is introducing a Jeff Tweedy limited edition guitar.

Very limited run (25 guitars with Indian Rosewood back and sides; 5 guitars with Brazilian rosewood back and sides), very steep retail price ($6,000 for the IR, $8,500 for the BR).

http://www.breedloveguitars.com/instrument...weedy/index.php

It looks awesome. There was a thread on this a while ago, but it wasn't in the gear forum. I think someone said, and I agree, that for $6000 you can get a really nice vintage acoustic. Did I have 6k to spend on a guitar, I think I would go vintage. Or buy two fucking awesome new ones :)

Everytime I have thought "3,000 or more for an acoustic, man, it can't really be all that great...".. But every time, I am proven wrong.. They ARE that great. Like a good Martin.. The expensive kind.. They just sound/feel unbelieveable.. And I bet that 6k Breedlove is amazing to play..

About a year ago I got a revival from the same shop Jeff did one cerial # off :P

I wasnt even trying to nab it and the guy told me after the purchase. Its one of my favorite acoustics and deffinitly my favorite modern one, and it looks exactly like Jeff's.

• 2 weeks later...

I know what you mean about playing gear in your price range. Breedlove makes some pretty great guitars. I have an Atlas series (bare bones one) dreadnaught and it plays awesome. I'd love to have a few of the revival series models mainly the OM and 000. nearly 7g's seems like a lot of scratch. How much do the regular revival 000's go for?

I learned never to play a guitar out of my price range, man it hurts when you realize what quality actually is.

Wow, that's a great practice to go by.. I wish I would have gone by that all of the times I have played Martins, Gibson hollow bodies, etc.. You really do get what you pay for... There is no such thing as a shitty $3,000+ guitar, although I have heard that Les Pauls have slipped quite a bit in quality lately...