Benazir Bhutto Assassinated

horrible... yet not very shocking. after the other attack it seemed like only a matter of time.

funny that people condemned Musharraf for imposing that state of emergency last month... seems like he knew it was only a matter of when too

yeah, you could see this one coming - she had told her family to prepare for this as well - it did seem like only a matter of time. Still, just tragic. :cryin It's also tragic how many people have died in this attack and the last.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ISI were somehow connected with militants in this.

Here is an interesting documentary on the resurgence of the Taliban and their maneuvering and powerful presence in Pakistan.

Pakistan is a mess. A mess with nuclear weapons. RIP, Mrs. Bhutto. She gave her life for her country.

What is wrong with us!?!

We continue to eradicate our best and celebrate our worst.

At times like these, I am amazed the human race has lasted this long.

What is wrong with us!?!

We continue to eradicate our best and celebrate our worst.

At times like these, I am amazed the human race has lasted this long.

Really....

It is nearly inconcievable that this type of violence continues to get worse with each passing day. I was driving down Devon today (visiting daycare homes in the neighborhood) and kept trying to figure out why all the news trucks were there and then it dawned on me that they were covering this story and simply because our neighborhood has a high percentage of folks from Pakistan, they come here to give it a local flavor. Sadly it isn't simply about one country, religion or political affiliation, it is a story about how violence seems to be an answer to everything.

Recently I have been reading Taylor Branch's history of the King years and once again it brings up the idea that non-violence can be a very powerful force for change, rather than violence, but it takes a tremendous amount of courage and discipline to attempt to change the world through non-violence. Each year the level of violence associated with different issues increases, rather than decreases. Shocking and sad as this story is, it is hardly a single incident.

LouieB