• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only heard that snippet that came out really early. Sounded pretty rockin' to me. 

I like Jay too. I've been lucky enough to see him solo the last two years. Love it! Looking forward to seen SV next month. 

BTW, I wish we had a recording of Jay singing the One Fast Move songs. Not a fan of the Death Cab dude.

Listened to the stream a few times and enjoyed --- can't beat the price on Amazon. Definitely will be catching them when they pass through Chicago in April.

Hopefully, it will be better than the last time I saw him at the Park West - that was a pretty boring show...Hopefully the show will reflect the new record.

This is surprising:

Was there ever any thought about Uncle Tupelo reuniting, even temporarily, and doing another record?

I don’t know. It’s hard to comment on that. There are so many variables. Tweedy and I have started emailing lately. I think we both realize there are so many other things to worry about other than the differences we had in the past. Things like sending our kids out into the world. Way more important things like that to tend to.

It could be interesting, even if it was a one-off. Of course, trying to replicate past glories can be problematic.

Yeah! There’s nothing in the works right now, but let’s see how it shakes out.

Are you a nostalgic kind of guy? Do you ever think about past glories and the experiences that went with them?

I’ve had the opportunity to go back with some of the reissues, whether it’s Uncle Tupelo or Son Volt. It gave me a chance to look back and reflect on the work that was done. It gave me the opportunity to go back and look through some of the old recordings we had done. That’s about the extent of it. Whatever comes along through happenstance, it can be interesting to look through the old stuff, but it’s not something I choose to do on a regular basis, unless there’s a reason for it.

^ I have said this before I would travel anywhere in the world to see an Uncle Tupelo show. They're the number 1 band I want to see reform. Will it ever happen probably not...but if it did!!!?!!

The fact that Jay seems open to it is huge, and something that 5-10 years ago would have been a definite "no". Give it some time and I think this could happen, assuming Jeff is into it too.

What's Mike Heidorn up to these days?

This could start a chain reaction. Marc Olson could rejoin The Jayhawks, Ryan could get Caitlin and Skillet back, and I could be in my 30s again. 

If it's going to go anything like that Olson/Jayhawks reunion went, I'd prefer to just remember the olden days...

If it's going to go anything like that Olson/Jayhawks reunion went, I'd prefer to just remember the olden days...

I for one am THRILLED with the current Jayhawks lineup and latest album. Excited to hear what's next for them. That reunion album was nothing special imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I for one am THRILLED with the current Jayhawks lineup and latest album. Excited to hear what's next for them. That reunion album was nothing special imo.

Reunion album was lackluster but hearing the harmonies live was worth it!! Also I agree Proust was great and they're in a good spot now

Reunion album was lackluster but hearing the harmonies live was worth it!! Also I agree Proust was great and they're in a good spot now

I was just glad to have a chance to see the band with Olson live. One of those bucket list items I was able to check off. Agreed on the lackluster reunion album. 

So am I...I meant that if a UT reunion went the same way as a the Olson/Jayhawks reunion, I'd rather just remember the past with UT.

Where is this interview from?

Wonder if Jay would ever play Solid Sound. That would be the place to do it. Probably need some neutral turf though.

No Depression

Isn't Jay (and Billy Bragg) famous for using Jeff and the idea of a reunion in the media to get attention on himself and his new project? Seems like we hear these ideas every album cycle.

I'd rather see Jeff focused on existing and new projects personally.

Isn't Jay (and Billy Bragg) famous for using Jeff and the idea of a reunion in the media to get attention on himself and his new project? Seems like we hear these ideas every album cycle.

I'd rather see Jeff focused on existing and new projects personally.

To be fair to Jay - he was asked a question and he answered it. I am guessing he didn't ask to be asked.

I think Jeff could use a kick from Jay, for old time sake, and vice versa.

To be fair to Jay - he was asked a question and he answered it. I am guessing he didn't ask to be asked.

I think Jeff could use a kick from Jay, for old time sake, and vice versa.

I agree.  I had a friend who interviewed Jay (I think during The Search or ACD), and Jay didn't want to discuss Jeff or UT.  I think all reporters want to take him in that direction.  I don't think he's intentionally going to the Jeff/UT well. If Jay was looking to drum up reunion talk to sell merchandise, Jeff would probably have gotten name recognition in Jay's book. 

I have never read that or the other Wilco book that came out some years ago. I think they are on my booklist probably.

I don't see him doing that either. I don't think he is into playing big shows or what have you. He still tours around in a van I think. Although if the world of country music was not fouled - Hearts and Minds would be a hit song.

Notes of Blue is really great.

Maybe Jay can produce the next Wilco record. Notes sounds great and is definitely a focused record. Definitely borrows a lot from old school blues - but there is nothing wrong with that. Hopefully, Jay can transfer it to the stage and put on a great concert. Jay can catch a few Wilco shows / Jeff can take note of Notes and both would benefit. 

Did flip through some of Jay's book - okay, nothing earth shattering. Very antidotal, which was his point, I suppose.