Now Playin' Jan. '08

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

516B077Z5EL._SS500_.jpg

I've been meaning to buy this since it was released two years ago. Guess I should get on that.

I've been meaning to buy this since it was released two years ago. Guess I should get on that.

You really should! It's $40, but a 4 CDs box set, with a rich booklet (photos and informations - one page for each song - there are 120, 30 songs per CD). And the music makes my joy. It's sixties cream, and it does convince you the music of these time was the best ever.

The Carole King demo of the "Crying in the Rain" classic sounds even better than the Everlies version.

P.P. Arnold's "The First Cut Is the Deepest", Sandie Shaw's "Girl Don't Come", Ellie Greenwich's "You Don't Know" (that lady wrote "Be My baby", "Leader of the Pack", etc!), Evie Sands' "Take Me for a Little While"... are the highlights of a box full of gems!

515A4HQWKCL._AA240_.jpg

518Zi%20TmWqL._AA240_.jpg

41ZWPJZS0QL._AA240_.jpg

4170V65FKGL._AA240_.jpg

41N7H6KEWXL._AA240_.jpg

Caesaria Evora - Rogamar

SOiL - Scars

The Replacements - Pleased To Meet Me

The Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I

Son Volt - Trace

That name really puts me off wanting to listen to them. What do they sound like? Maybe I can get past the name, because the album cover looks cool.

It's like a vortex of sprawling noise, feedback and delicate dribbles of sound. They blur the fine line between noise and tunes with guitars, synths and general madness. You can find their EP on the interweb...

NP:

51ZvlcuAYqL._SS500_.jpg