Now Playin' Jan. '08

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41eRlq3TlJL._SS500_.jpg

Supposed to be his electric album. 5 songs in, I think someone forgot to tell Jack.

haha. yeah i listened to it the other day at work and honestly nodded off 3-4x in the first 5 songs. not that his previous records have been the most exciting stuff ever, but at least they were often uptempo, sunny, & catchy. this one, save for like 2-3 tracks, is dull with a capital D.

the album is aptly titled ;)

haha. yeah i listened to it the other day at work and honestly nodded off 3-4x in the first 5 songs. not that his previous records have been the most exciting stuff ever, but at least they were often uptempo, sunny, & catchy. this one, save for like 2-3 tracks, is dull with a capital D.

the album is aptly titled ;)

Definitely more subdued. I would say his song writing on this is better than on the last one, but it has like zero hooks.

Definitely more subdued. I would say his song writing on this is better than on the last one, but it has like zero hooks.

the Rolling Stone review is actually pretty spot on in many parts:

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/...reviews_rssfeed

honestly i haven't really paid much attention after the 2nd album, but considering he was supposedly changing it up a bit this time around i thought maybe i'd check it out, but alas...

he needs to do more collaborative stuff with DJ's, etc. the Handsome Boy Modeling School version of "Breakdown" kicks the SHIT out of Jack's own version.