Now Playin' Jan. '08

I think it's sort of sad that it seems he's being typecasted in that role.

BoyLeast.jpg

I'm almost positive I'm the only person who thinks this is a "definitive" album. This album defines the person I am in the past 2 years.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's sort of sad that it seems he's being typecasted in that role.

I agree with you to a point, but for all the quality projects he's done in his short career, he'll hit the big time when he does "grow up". I know from interviews I've seen and read that he's nowhere near as awkward as he comes across in the roles that he's taken. He is an amazing actor and is destined for greatness. But when you're a teenager who's not of the hot jock-ish-ness persuasion, I'm sure there are few great roles out there for the taking. Kudos to him and his agent for choosing pure gold.

But wait... this is a NP thread and I'm entirely too old to be a Michael Cera Fangirl... :lol

heretic_pride.jpeg

PS - I'm ready for The Boy Least Likely To to come out with a new album already!!

Phish- 8/13/93 Murat Theatre, Indianapolis IN SBD

I can't believe I missed this when it happened. wtf? :ohwell

61q+XWyKzxL._AA240_.jpg

I remember when this album leaked and I listened to it with some trepidation, doubting that it could possibly live up to the great expectations that I have come to ALWAYS pin on Okkervil River... Then I remember that I listened to it like 10 times that day that it leaked. And even now it amazes me just as much as it did that first time... :wub

Hoodoo Gurus - Mars Needs Guitars

Hoodoo Gurus - Magnum Cum Louder

Brian Eno - Before & After Science

Sly & The Family Stone - There's A Riot Goin' On

Luke Doucet - Broken (and other rogue states)

415S0EMHWCL._AA240_.jpg

I haven't really ever got into Nick Cave's albums, but right now this sounds bloody marvelous. One question: what next? Should I investigate The Birthday Party first, or begin straight with the Bad Seeds albums? Any experts?

That's a toughie... the Birthday Party stuff is a lot rawer, more punk than the Bad Seeds... so it depends what you're in the mood for. There's plenty of great Bad Seeds records and you can't really go wrong.

I'm not as keen on the Birthday Party so can't really recommend any to you.

NP:

61p5dRHIqGL._AA280_.jpg