• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51MNM0KJHVL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

i_cowDVD.jpg

The Cow / Dariush Mehrjui / Iran / 1969

A story of mental illness in a village marked by poverty and tribalism, shot in a B&W style that feels like neo-realism injected with rapid editing and lunatic psychology--it's about a man who loses his cow, and then, in a state of despair, takes its place himself.

This film was made in 1977, but it wasn't complete until its video release, with PMT's

"You might want to do this over with better lighting, and then use it as your acting reel. You move well, have a good presence and a great speaking voice. You would be great for voice overs and commercials.

Annie M"

"You might want to do this over with better lighting, and then use it as your acting reel. You move well, have a good presence and a great speaking voice. You would be great for voice overs and commercials.

Annie M"

Holy crap! :lol

41RAR6JCD0L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The Match Factory Girl

Those Scandinavians sure know how to do bleak.

A reader over at AICN reports Jack Black and Kirsten Dunst will apprently be joining Will Ferrell in the upcoming Land of the Lost remake...

Marty Krofft was on the radio this morning talking about the DVD releases of "Land of the Lost" The subject of the new movie version came up. He said that along with Will Ferrell, the movie will also have Kirsten Dunst and Jack Black. He also mentioned that they plan to use the lowest of the high tech digital effects when making the film so it will look similar to the tv series. He then talked about how they are going to be making an HR Pufnstuf movie with Jack Black staring in it as Witchiepoo.

I don't know what to think about this deal.

Could be lots of fun if Ferrell and Black don't end up spoiling it.

"Sleestacks" !!

(sp?)

I don't much care for those dudes - I mean, I like Will Ferrell's SNL stuff, but his movies seem to be all the same. I never saw that show as a comedy - and I am assuming that is what they are going to turn it into.

I don't much care for those dudes - I mean, I like Will Ferrell's SNL stuff, but his movies seem to be all the same. I never saw that show as a comedy - and I am assuming that is what they are going to turn it into.

Right there w/you. Not a fan of either of those two.

And your right, it shouldn't be primarily a vehicle for comedy.

I always think of those shows (Pufinstuff, L.O.L. Sigmund the Seamonster) as having psychedelic overtones. But that's probably more telling of my own character rather than their content/style.

Right there w/you. Not a fan of either of those two.

And your right, it shouldn't be primarily a vehicle for comedy.

I always think of those shows (Pufinstuff, L.O.L. Sigmund the Seamonster) as having psychedelic overtones. But that's probably more telling of my own character rather than their content/style.

Oh, I think they were. We had a thread once around here somewhere - where we talked about those shows. I suppose it shows a persons age - as most of the people here have probably never seen or heard of those shows.

This was fun to watch just because I'm rocking a huge boner for Will Oldham lately, otherwise mehhh...

108371.jpg

(It's a short little doc, basically a home movie, in which Will is tripping on mushrooms.)

Since I had kids my tolerance for bad movies has become pretty high.

This, however, was unbearable. Perhaps the worst movie I have ever seen:

The_Stupids.jpg

I had pretty much forgotten about this - never saw it, but it's a damn shame it came from those wonderful children's books.

RollingThunder.jpg