• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

517rndSOKPL._SS500_.jpg

Were 80s metal concerts really like this? It's been so long that I've repressed the memory I guess.

517rndSOKPL._SS500_.jpg

Were 80s metal concerts really like this? It's been so long that I've repressed the memory I guess.

I took this off my list recently. Is it worth the time to watch? Btw, I went to many a metal concert throughout the 80s.

517rndSOKPL._SS500_.jpg

Oh man I haven't seen that in so long. I think Night Flight on TBS showed it back it the day.

I took this off my list recently. Is it worth the time to watch? Btw, I went to many a metal concert throughout the 80s.

I was big into bands like Priest, Maiden, and Sabbath in the early 80s, so I found this film to be a funny and entertaining flashback. The actual documentary is only 15 minutes, so there's lots of extras to fill out the disc, some pretty good ones too.

As you were an 80s metal concert-goer, this is one you definitely need to check out.

51Ob2LfL9KL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

darjeeling-limited-poster.jpg

A friend of mine described Breakfast at Tiffany's as her comfort movie, something she could watch all the time no matter what and feel better. I think Darjeeling might be mine at least it's been this year. Something about the combination of India, a familial dynamic which I am pretty familiar with, and a killer soundtrack does it for me each time out.

--Mike

517118EDXGL._SS500_.jpg

I watched Psych Out ages ago, finally got around to seeing The Trip. And what a trip it is. Oh the swirling colors, and strange figures on horseback. It was pretty entertaining, and funny, and it somehow manages to straddle the line between being anti-drug and pro-acid.

pianist.jpg

Not a flawless film, but it worked on me. The poignant scene between Spilzman and the German Officer near the end got me. I won't bother to be cynical about belief suspension or inaccuracies.

The 40 min doc was worth the investment, if only to hear Polanski wax on his personal experiences escaping the Krakow ghetto. In his comments, he makes a disturbingly accurate point about the potential for inhumanity in all of us.

Oh, shit! How was it?

Pretty amazing. There's really not a built in safety net for the viewer this time around-- in Adaptation we obviously know no matter how crazy it gets he's going to finish the movie, in Eternal Sunshine it's all in Jim Carrey's head the whole time. There's a lot of strange stuff in Synecdoche, New York that just happens without being explained. It's a pretty dense, challenging film, that's devastating, yet hopeful through out. It's his biggest skullfuck yet. I feel like I need to see it a few more times to get it, but I highly recommend checking it out in a few weeks when it comes out.

--Mike