• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thursday nights - 3's Company, Carter Country, Barney Miller, Fish.

I think that's how it went.

rachel_getting_married_main.jpg

Rachel Getting Married is vibrant, humane, and true--plus, as usual with a Demme movie, it has fantastic music throughout. (Robyn Hitchcock and Tunde Adebimpe both sing, among others.) It's probably my favorite Demme film since Something Wild, which is one of my all-time favorite movies and also, incidentally, showcases Sister Carol East.

Genesis II

In this 1973 TV pilot from Gene Roddenberry a scientist, Dylan Hunt, puts himself into suspended animation in a NASA cavern in 1979 to establish if he could be brought back to life in a couple of days to research into extending the process to astronauts. However the cavern collapses during an earthquake and Dylan doesn't recover until the year 2133. During the 154 years he had slept, war has broken out and the world's scientists rebelled against the war-loving military and developed a society known as the Pax, whose goal is to keep the spirit of mankind alive.

Here's the last few films I've watched:

Straightheads - Pretty decent UK thriller ala Straw Dogs with Gillian Anderson speaking in a faux Brit accent.

Shadow of a Doubt - This was Hitchcock's favorite film of his. I think it's one of his best, though not my all-time favorite.

Accident - Excellent Joseph Losey film with Dirk Bogarde as a bored professor who becomes infatuated with a young female student.

Mystery Train - One of Jim Jarmusch's better films.

Cold Fever - Quirky Icelandic film, quite enjoyable. Lily Taylor and Fischer Stevens have cameos as psycho tourists.

Jar City - Dark and mysterious Icelandic film. Another winner!

I watched "The Long Hot Summer" a couple of days ago. Orson Welles, Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward doing Faulkner stuff...I liked it.

Caught "Madagascar 2" with my kiddo last night. She loved it. It's got that "I like to move it, move it...MOVE IT!" song in it and she was shaking her booty all over the place. After the credits, she proceeded to the restroom where she sang "I like to poo poo, poo poo, I like to POO POO!" from inside her stall. :lol

kite_runner.jpg

Very moving film, though it really bummed me out. It was nice to see a positive portrayal of pre-war Afghanistan, and people who thought both the communist Russians and the Taliban were full of crap.

I really liked Amir's father. He was a noble character, despite his flaws. The main character was... well I don't want to give anything away if you haven't read the book or seen this.

kite_runner.jpg

Very moving film, though it really bummed me out. It was nice to see a positive portrayal of pre-war Afghanistan, and people who thought both the communist Russians and the Taliban were full of crap.

I really liked Amir's father. He was a noble character, despite his flaws. The main character was... well I don't want to give anything away if you haven't read the book or seen this.

What movie is this?

I can never see "IMPAWARDS" links - it always just shows me the IMPAWARDS.COM logo - anyone else?