51CJZF9M3PL._SL500_AA240_.jpg 21Kz6yaa5BL._SL500_AA160_.jpg 51GEPJF0H6L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

jcvd-news-L-1.jpeg

2 good thrillers, an entertaining flashback to the 70-90s Manchester scene, and finally a Van Damme film worth watching.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If time permits, tonight I'm going to watch Park Chan-Wook's I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK.

im_a_cyborg_but_thats_ok_poster_berlin.jpg

GtrPlyr, I've been trying to see White Dog for years; now that it's on DVD it's in Netflix queue. I'm curious to see how race is handled in comparison to some of Fuller's other works, such as Shock Corridor.

GtrPlyr, I've been trying to see White Dog for years; now that it's on DVD it's in Netflix queue. I'm curious to see how race is handled in comparison to some of Fuller's other works, such as Shock Corridor.

I prefer Shock Corridor overall, but White Dog is still quite good. It's a lot more violent and straightforward with its message, but also more thought provoking than Shock Corridor in regards to racism. Having a dog as the perpetrator of the hate crimes really made the impact of the message more powerful I believe.

My only issue with White Dog was that a few scenes lacked verisimilitude. A lot of that probably had to do with the way scenes were written and edited, more so than the actual cast. It's a minor qualm and the overall film worked for me so I can't complain. I'd give it a 4 out of 5.

I'll be curious to see what you think.

51+PNg8JS7L._SL500_AA240_.jpg
Watched "Encounters at the End of the World".......good but not Herzog's best work.

Saw "The Visitor" last nite....made me wanna pick up my conga drum again. Slow, kinda sleepy flick but worthwhile.

I haven't seen that. Watched Little Dieter Needs to Fly. I think it would've been a lot better if I hadn't seen Rescue Dawn first. Dieter Dengler was one amazing human being.

51H77FZ2VYL._SS500_.jpg

Sweet, funny, romantic and great music to wrap it all up in. It don't get much better than this.

418HXK6ZKJL._SL500_AA240_.jpg 51FYBBRDT2L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Blow Out, the American cousin of Blow-Up. Both films are quite good.

I was pleasantly surprised by Miracle Mile. It was a lot better than I thought it be. I'm surprised the studio okayed the ending.