Tower Theatre Show

Hello everyone, first time poster as I have just found this forum, but plan on hanging around for a little bit since I see there are plenty of fellow Wilco fans here!

Anyhow, I live in Philadelphia and was one of the very unlucky ones unable to grab tickets to this Wilco show. Now I am left to scanning craigslist, looking over scalpers prices, trying to find a price that I think is reasonable (not easy!).

Sooo, I figured I would reach out on here to see if there is anyone out there with 2 extra tickets to the show that they wouldn't mind selling? Ideally I would want to pay face value, but I am willing to entertain slightly inflated prices. Really desperate here, as Wilco is one of my favorite bands and I can't believe they are going to play in my home town and I won't be able to catch them. Help a fellow Wilco fan out!

Feel free to PM my on here or the following addresses:

Aim: gkitt90

gmail/gtalk: kittrg@gmail.com

And finally, thank you in advance to anyone who even considers helping me out!

Try the "How to Fight Loneliness" section of the board.

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showforum=26

Best of luck to you!

cheers,

b.s.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im getting very excited. is anyone gonna stick around after the show and try to talk with the band?

i plan on doing this because my mission in life is to get a picture with jeff :D . my son and his friend are coming with me and i am starting to get very excited, its been years since i saw wilco last. can't wait.

i think the closest bar is right around the corner from the venue its a dive but its still somewhere to hang before and after and its very close.

I'm getting so excited for this weekend already. I've got a pretty good seat, and I can't wait to finally get the chance to see the band from up close after being way back in the grass at the Pines the last two summers.

Does anyone know what the best streets around the theatre are for parking? I've heard the neighborhood isn't that great, and since I'm planning to stick around after the show to try to talk to the band, I don't really want to be walking back to my car down some sketchy side street that late.

I'm planning to come down around 4 or 5. I'd be interested in meeting up with folks before the show.

I'm getting so excited for this weekend already. I've got a pretty good seat, and I can't wait to finally get the chance to see the band from up close after being way back in the grass at the Pines the last two summers.

Does anyone know what the best streets around the theatre are for parking? I've heard the neighborhood isn't that great, and since I'm planning to stick around after the show to try to talk to the band, I don't really want to be walking back to my car down some sketchy side street that late.

I'm planning to come down around 4 or 5. I'd be interested in meeting up with folks before the show.

there's a smallish parking lot across the street, next to Wendy's (if it's still a Wendy's). If you get there that early, you'll be fine across the street.

im taking the train down in the morning, so i have nothing to do the whole day up until the show. id be up for getting something to eat beforehand.

Looks like the weather in Philly is supposed to be messy tomorrow, but Saturday is still looking good, and Sunday, too. I'm still a little nervous about it, though, and will be until I'm there!

I don't know why, but I'm feeling good about the band coming out to chat a bit after the show, maybe since it's been awhile since they've played in Philly. I'll be the one geeking out over Nels :wub

I'm meeting some people at the New Deck Tavern on Sansom Street. According to yahoo directions, it's 3.87 miles. 14 min from Tower Theater - should be enough people to share cabs to the venue.

Place looks pretty cool and was recommended by a local. They serve food, too.

3408 Sansom St.

http://newdecktavern.com/index.asp

Would be cool to meet some of you before the show.

:cheers

hey peoples.

i live in center city, and have space enough space to have a bunch of people over before the show. my friends and i are gonna be chilling all day in anticipation. possibly playing music and stuff like that. plus, im right near the busses/trains that go to the show. let me know if anybody is interested.

and did i mention that i have a kegerator with three kegs? free beer. :cheers :party

I went out and bought new gloves yesterday specifically for waiting outside tomorrow after the show. How long does it usually take for them to come out if they're going to? Hopefully they won't leave us freezing out there for too long!

I bought a SBS promo poster on ebay awhile ago that I thought would be great to get signed. If I remember, I might throw that in my car tomorrow before I leave.

there is a parking garage right around the corner from the venue that usually costs about $10 to get into if you can't find on-street parking. also - the waterford inn is a total smoky dive bar, always packed and kind of fun for pre-show drinks or food (if you can get a table). it is right across the street from the tower across the alley (where the tour buses park).

also - the tower has beer and drinks and you can hang in the lobby preshow or during opening acts.

there aren't many other places. some decent bars on route 3 leading into upper darby or back in philly itself.

looking forward for more wilco - i only got to see 2 of the residency shows! sara

How long does it usually take for them to come out if they're going to?

i've waited after shows before to say his to the guys. if you want to meet Jeff, it's best to get to the bus as quickly as possible. otherwise you might miss him. the rest of the guys, it just all depends, i've seen the buses loaded and leave at 11:30pm and i've seen them leave at 2am.

one suggestion for a place to grab food and drinks on the way to the Tower from the west (by car probably, tho surely buses run by it) is the Westgate Pub. Went there before Neil Young recently and it was easy. from there - maybe 10-15 mins down route 3 to the venue. Sara

http://www.westgatepub.com/

one suggestion for a place to grab food and drinks on the way to the Tower from the west (by car probably, tho surely buses run by it) is the Westgate Pub. Went there before Neil Young recently and it was easy. from there - maybe 10-15 mins down route 3 to the venue. Sara

http://www.westgatepub.com/

:wub

I would be there in a heartbeat!

Any one know of any nearby hotels? Like walking distance, driving in from out of state and every hotel I can find seems to be located in Philly. We are gonna be Row ff, I think thats 6th row seats 17 & 19. Gonna try and get there early but any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone. Can't wait for the next 2 nights of shows.

There aren't any hotels immediately nearby. I was going to try to stay tonight, but when I realized the closest hotel was the Sheraton (about 15 minutes away) and that it would cost I think about $182 including tax and everything for one night, I decided the hell with it and I'll just stay sober and start driving back tonight.

I'll be in row LL in the far left section. I'm going to wear my purple corduroys today, so I should stand out if anybody wants to come say hi ;)

I'm planning to hit the road in about two hours!