Shubert Theater, New Haven CT - 2/24

Who's going?

Who wants to join a VC pre-show gathering?

And yankeehotelfox...where would you say is the best place for a group of us to go?!? I'm thinking something besides a pizza place, tho I hear they have many.

Suggestions? Ideas?

Can't wait for the show! :dancing And can't wait to meet some of you lovely folks!!! :cheers

I'm thinking something besides a pizza place, tho I hear they have many.

My 2 cents:

I grew up right outside New Haven and went to HS there: If you have the time, you need to go to a pizza place while visiting.

New Haven is notorious for it's pizza on Worcester St.

Pepe's or Sally's (run by the same family and right next to each other) are the places you want. wood burning brick oven. Written up nationally for their pizzas for years.

Give yourself/your group a good 1.5-2 hours as they don't take reservations and the line forms early for a booth. There're great Italian ices to be consumed just down the street for after.

If this doesn't work, at least hit Modern Pizza, which is excellent too.

It'll be worth it.

If you have the time, you need to go to a pizza place while visiting. It'll be worth it.

So it is written, so it shall be done ;)

Who's going?

Who wants to join a VC pre-show gathering?

oh i'm still going ellen, my ticket is out where i see it every day, and i cannot believe it's real! i'd love to join a vc pre-show gathering and am glad you brought it up. i know nothing -- just give me a direction and tell me where to go and i'll be there. i'm going to stay with a friend i haven't seen in a long time on the way the day before and then go from there. (many many thanks for all previous invitations.)

can you believe this?: a month ago i apparently blew my ears out listening to wilco with my bose headphones; i kept cranking it up over the months and now have tinnitus almost constantly. seriously, it sounds like peepers or crickets forever. the first night i even threw the window open to listen for them outside, but hey, it's winter up here, heh heh, those would have to be mighty hearty toadlets. i never had this before and wish of all times it hadn't happened now, but it looks like it's here to stay. for a while i wondered how i could get through a concert with this thing, but decided there is no way in hell i'm going to miss this show. actually i meant to write about the tinnitus in another thread because i have some questions, and will do that soon, so never mind now.

once i get to new haven i'll be wandering around and would love to meet ya'll!

oh i'm still going ellen, i'd love to join a vc pre-show gathering and am glad you brought it up. just give me a direction and tell me where to go and i'll be there.once i get to new haven i'll be wandering around and would love to meet ya'll!

:thumbup

(many many thanks for all previous invitations.)

You're welcome!!! :hug

can you believe this?: a month ago i apparently blew my ears out listening to wilco with my bose headphones; i kept cranking it up over the months and now have tinnitus almost constantly.

That's a bummer! Hope it won't be bothering you TOO much come the end of February!!!

have any you guys got your tickets yet? i ordered my from the presale.

No, sir, I have not. Last time I ordered thru pre-sale the tickets came about two weeks before the show.

My wife and I will be heading down to the New Haven show from Burlington. Can someone recommend a nice hotel that is close to the Shubert (preferably walking distance) - and close to some good food and drink places -- the pizza joints mentioned above sound great...

Thanks.

Ginnvt: Regarding hotels, New HAven really doens't have that much to choose from (surprisingly.) I can recommend the Omni however. If you don't mind spending some $ it is very plush and walkable to the show.

And...just so folks don't get confused, the tasty pizza places are on Wooster St. (not Worcester.) Try a Foxon Park birch soda, if you see one.

And...just so folks don't get confused, the tasty pizza places are on Wooster St. (not Worcester.) Try a Foxon Park birch soda, if you see one.

GAH! You're right. It's been too long, I guess. And Foxon Park Birch Beer is what dreams are made of. Good call.

Thanks for recommendation on the Omni -- will book today -- sounds nice.

Unfortunately, the pizza places we mentioned aren't within walking distance of the Omni. But...there is a place called Bar which is. It's on Crown street. They have excellent New Haven style pizza and really really good beer. (they brew it there.)

The Omni is a really nice hotel. That's about your only choice anyway.

is there anything wrong with New Haven Hotel? it's only a couple of blocks walking to the theater and is less expensive than omni.

it looks nice on the website. does anyone know it?

You can read reviews of the New Haven Hotel here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g3...onnecticut.html

It gets more negative than positive feedback. But maybe it would be okay for a 1 night stay.

okayyyyy ... i'm really not picky, but might end up elsewhere after some of those reviews! thanks.

sweetheart-mine -- thanks again...

Bar sounds great. All this talk about New Haven style pizza has made me very curious...and hungry. Good beer is always a plus too. Just learned that a business trip will allow me to see the final show of the tour in Des Moines!!! So, I have got New Haven, the two 9:30 shows, and now Des Moines...pretty happy about being able to catch 4 shows in this upcoming tour.

I hear Rudy's is a great bar with a killer jukebox....perhaps people could meet there

Sounds cool! Are you coming to the show?!?