New My Morning Jacket Album!!!

Looking that close at Jim's face on a 42 inch hd plasma, I'm amazed that he could even grow a beard. How the hell was it so long a few years ago? That must of taken forever.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so 'evil urges' was the second song? we had t-storms tornadoes coming through alabama so our local weather man was on solid after 11:30.

goin' to youtube

our local news played with their new radars from 11:08pm on. i missed both performances, and the storms were mostly in alabama anyway. unbelievable.

Looking that close at Jim's face on a 42 inch hd plasma, I'm amazed that he could even grow a beard. How the hell was it so long a few years ago? That must of taken forever.

My 3-year-old son wondered when Santa Claus (or as he says "Choco Laus") joined a rock band.

Both songs were good. I really loved Evil Urges....I like the somewhat-funky My Morning Jacket a little more than the mostly-rock version.

People have been saying the same damn thing about SNL for the last 20 years.

To me, it's as watchable as ever. Kristin Wiig is hugely talented and funny.....anyone see the "Just Kidding" bit on the news a few weeks back? Or her Target character? Each show, for me, has about 3-5 skits that I find very creative and funny. The rest is a little up and down, but even the "bad" ones have their moments. Like, the "It's a Match" skit from last week wasn't revolutionary, but it was pretty funny throughout.

I give SNL a thumbs up.

Any chance the Raconteurs could pop up some week? That band is SO amazing and deserving of an appearance.

Any chance the Raconteurs could pop up some week? That band is SO amazing and deserving of an appearance.

I think next week is the season finale, so I doubt it. This episode was probably the best I have seen in a while. Did anyone else love that they posed after each song?

I think next week is the season finale, so I doubt it. This episode was probably the best I have seen in a while. Did anyone else love that they posed after each song?

Ha! I was half asleep while I was watching, but I could have sworn I saw them "freeze frame" at the end of "I'm Amazed". Hilarious!!

Just got tickets for both Chicago Theatre shows. First night I'm in the Mezzanine. Second night I'm in row Q of the balcony, about 5 rows from the top. Anyone who's been there, are my night 2 tix gonna suck? :no

Just got tickets for both Chicago Theatre shows. First night I'm in the Mezzanine. Second night I'm in row Q of the balcony, about 5 rows from the top. Anyone who's been there, are my night 2 tix gonna suck? :no

I'm not sure what to tell you about the mezzanine but with those balcony tickets, you're pretty much going to be looking down at the tops of the bands' heads. It's a big venue (I want to say 3500-3600 seats.) I've been there for a few musicals, and also for when Conan did shows in Chicago... it can feel a bit too spacious and detached from the band if you're far back/up. :hmm Sorry.

I know Ryan Adams played there last September. Maybe someone here went to that show and can tell you what it's like to be there for a show as opposed to a musical?