New My Morning Jacket Album!!!

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow.

the whole show was incredible. it rained its ass off at times, but the band roared on.

get down on it was pretty damn enjoyable. and tyrone. wtf?

new album sounded great live (yes, even highly suspicious)

Three or four months of weekly (cough, okay, bi-daily) listening later, and I still think the title track and Somkin' from Shootin' are the band's finest two songs to date. The latter is just a classy as hell pressure cooker, and the first is a flawless brick of summer rock. I'm almost disgusted that so many people just don't seem to understand. :ohwell

I agree with you. I think "smokin from shooting" is my favorite on the album and probably my favorite MMJ song. Evil Urges just kicks so much ass as a song, I love it too.

Across 110th Street (Bobby Womack & Peace) with Jeff Coffin and the Nashville/Louisville Horns

OHMYFUCKINGSHITILLDIEIFIDONTHEARTHISWITHIN24HOURS. My favourite band of late doing one of my favourite songs of all time. Wow, wow, wow. Recording? Please? Anybody?

OHMYFUCKINGSHITILLDIEIFIDONTHEARTHISWITHIN24HOURS. My favourite band of late doing one of my favourite songs of all time. Wow, wow, wow. Recording? Please? Anybody?

Someone over at the MMJ board said a recording does exist and will emerge.

Cant wait for Radio City....

I'm sure there is something somewhere else on the board about this... but MMJ at Bonnaroo this year was a life changing experience. I've never won the lottery or watched my own child being born, but I honestly doubt it's possible to be any happier than I was during "One Big Holiday"

I'm sure there is something somewhere else on the board about this... but MMJ at Bonnaroo this year was a life changing experience. I've never won the lottery or watched my own child being born, but I honestly doubt it's possible to be any happier than I was during "One Big Holiday"

:lol

My playlist contains the following tracklist now for "Evil Urges":

1-Evil Urges

2-Touch Me Pt. 1

3-Aluminum Park

4-Sec (Sorry It's Not Walken) Walkin'

5-Look At You

6-Smokin' From Shootin'

7-Touch Me Pt. 2

8-Thank You Too

9-I'm Amazed

I've always loved albums that come and go with a bang and since Evil and Amazed are the two I find myself coming back to most often, I figure they're the best end caps.

I enjoyed their set at Bonnaroo. I'm pissed I left it early to watch an absolute mess of a Superjam in the rain...

me too!

sorry to hear about your tents, bob2. :stunned

don't give it another thought!

hearing from you before the show was fantastic! even if it hadn't been raining, looking at that setlist, i just don't see any place when i would have tried to make a phone call. :lol

re: the album: giving it a quality listen tonight, gearing up for the show friday!