I also don't think it's a new phenomenon for people to get scrips from different doctors (or elsewhere) and make their own cocktails with them. Really, his death is nothing new in terms of o.d.-ing.

Exactly. Being on painkillers, tranquilizers, and sleeping pills all at once is already a lot, but in this case he was on two different kinds of each. Certainly this came from different doctors--or other means--because no (scrupulous) doctor would recommend this. They said no single drug was found in large quantities, so most likely he had pills from various sources and assumed they were harmless enough in low doses that he could make his own cocktail--essentially just throw down a bunch of pills and hope that something helps him feel better.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know.

As species change over time, in the process of evolution, the first modern chicken was the offspring of the last direct ancestor of domestic chickens to not share that classification (likely the Red Junglefowl).[15] Since DNA can only be modified before birth, a mutation must have taken place within an egg such that a non-chicken mother laid the first chicken egg. This is scientific evidence that the egg came before the chicken. - wikipedia :shifty

As species change over time, in the process of evolution, the first modern chicken was the offspring of the last direct ancestor of domestic chickens to not share that classification (likely the Red Junglefowl).[15] Since DNA can only be modified before birth, a mutation must have taken place within an egg such that a non-chicken mother laid the first chicken egg. This is scientific evidence that the egg came before the chicken. - wikipedia :shifty

I think what you meant to say was, "... I egged the chicken, then I ate his leg", surely?

It's a whole new generation of kids with money and unscrupulous doctor/pushers more than happy to take some of it.

How easy it is to buy an untimely death in this country.

I'm not sure whether to give a :thumbup or a :worship .

Well said, anyway.

Sounds like a good idea....

In case anyone has forgotten, this type of thing is not new; after all Elvis died approximately the same way, on drugs that were all legal and prescribed.

LouieB

Yes, and it happens everyday to people who are not famous.

Yes, and it happens everyday to people who are not famous.

Indeed.. It amazes me how people can be so reckless and irresponsible with their bodies.. That's why I originally stated, maybe he had a death wish.. Yeah, I drink, smoke, but I certainly know better than to go and swallow and hand full of pills and hope for the best.. Like Puddy said earlier,

doesn't anyone value the efficacy of therapy anymore, or just need a quick fix from a pill?

In my case, Lindsey Lohan and Mary-Kate Olsen, childhood favorites of Sarah's, have provided many conversation points about freedom, slippery slopes, self regulation and balance.

I guess I just hope the same occurs in other households.

In my case, Lindsey Lohan and Mary-Kate Olsen, childhood favorites of Sarah's, have provided many conversation points about freedom, slippery slopes, self regulation and balance.

Britney and Jamie-Lynn have supplied a few talking points, too...

mistakes.jpg